Restart Your Mobile Device
If you’ve exhausted your options with the app, it’s possible the problem is with other software on your device. To test this possibility, restart your phone or tablet .
On an Android device, you can generally restart it by pressing and holding the Sleep button on the side until you see a shutdown menu, or pull down the control panel from the top of the screen and find a shutdown command in the control panel. The process to shut down an iPhone varies based on the model you have.
Make Sure The App Is Up To Date
If you notice that a particular app crashes often, you should check to see if you are running the latest version. Often, older versions of an app aren’t fully compatible with your phone or tablet’s latest operating system, or might suffer from glitches that have been eliminated in the latest release.
On iOS, start the App Store and tap your account icon at the top-right corner. Then scroll down and see if the app in question is awaiting an update. If so, tap Update and wait for the update to complete.
If you have an Android device, start the Play Store and tap the account icon at the top right. Then tap Manage apps & devices, and tap Updates available. If you see the app, tap Update.
Quick tip: If the app is very old and hasn’t been updated in a long time, it might have been abandoned by the developer. Consider ditching the app in favor of a newer, more current alternative.
What To Do If An App On Your Iphone Is Not Responding
If updates arent available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad. Delete the app . When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed. If the App Store itself is not responding, contact Apple Support.
Recommended Reading: Where Archive Gmail Go
Why Does Face App Keep Crashing
For example, it can be due to the iOS operating system for Apple devices or the Android operating system for Android devices, which can cause crashes in some apps. Install the latest iOS or Android version. Check FaceApp-AI Face Editor for updates and update if necessary. Restart smartphone or tablet completely.
Why Do My Apps Keep Closing On My Iphone
May 18, 2019
4 min read
It is very annoying when your iPhone apps keep crashing without any reason. Generally, the iOS apps are stable and do not give any issues, but there are days when the iPhone apps keep closing at random. The apps will quit without any input as soon as they are launched.
When this problem occurs, one question that comes to your mind is-Why do my apps keep closing on my iPhone? To help these users, we have given some troubleshooting tips that will help in solving this problem.
Why do my Apps keep closing on my iPhone?
This problem on your iPhone can arise due to a number of reasons. Before seeing the tips for solving this issue, let us see the reasons first.
- If the app keep closing, it may become obsolete and needs to be updated for optimal performance.
- If you have recently updated your iOS, the chances are that the iOS is incompatible with the app. This problem may also occur when there is a lack of storage space on your device. The users keep downloading music, content, videos and photos and ignore the storage space left. When the storage space in your iPhone is not enough to perform the tasks, the apps will keep crashing.
- The apps that require a Wi-Fi connection or mobile network will not work properly if the connection is poor or there is no signal.
Make sure your iPhone data is safe before fixing
You May Like: Meaning Of Snapchat Icons
Solution : Uninstall And Reinstall Facebook Messenger On Device
Another way for you to fix your messenger that keeps on stopping is to have the application uninstalled on your Android or iOS device and have it reinstalled. For you to do so, here are the steps that you should follow.
For iPhone Devices:
- Step 1: Simply go ahead and press and hold the Messenger application on your screen.
- Step 2: Once that you see all the apps in a giggling movement, go ahead and tap on the âXâ button located at the top of the application. This way, the Messenger application will be deleted on your iPhone device.
- Step 3: Once that you have completely uninstalled on your iPhone, just go ahead and go to your App Store and then have the Messenger application installed again.
- Step 4: Log in to your Messenger account and see if you fixed the problem.
For Android Devices:
- Step 1: Log out your account from Messenger.
- Step 2: Then, tap on âSettingsâ from your home screen.
- Step 3: After that, go to âApplicationsâ.
- Step 4: And then tap on âManage Applicationsâ.
- Step 5: From there, go ahead and tap on Messenger and then tap on the âUninstallâ button.
- Step 6: Once that you have uninstalled Messenger, go ahead and have your Android device restarted.
- Step 7: Once that your device is fully back on, go ahead and go to your Google Play Store and download Messenger and try to check if it is already working.
Solution : Access Facebook Messenger In Incognito Mode
You can also try to access your Facebook Messenger using incognito mode and see if it will be able to work. Here are the things that you need to do once that you are in incognito mode.
- Step 1: Go ahead and launch your web browser on your computer.
- Step 2: After that, go ahead and enter in the address bar and then have your Messenger page open.
- Step 3: Then, go ahead and click on the âgear iconâ located at the bottom right corner of the page. Doing this will actually activate a pop-up menu on your screen.
- Step 4: After that, go ahead and click on the âTurn Off Chatâ option from the pop-up menu that appeared on your screen.
- Step 5: And then, go ahead and click on âTurn Off Chat For All Contactsâ.
- Step 6: And lastly, go ahead and click on the âOKâ button for you to confirm the action.
Also Check: How To View Archived Emails On Gmail
How To Troubleshoot When Your Apps Keep Closing
If an app crashes, restarting it will often solve your problem. But if you have an app that repeatedly crashes or closes without warning, restarting the app isn’t going to solve the problem because it’s likely to crash again. But don’t worry there’s a good chance you can solve your problem with the troubleshooting steps below.
Keep in mind, though, there’s always a possibility that you installed a buggy app that won’t behave on your mobile device at least not until it’s updated by the developer.
Uninstall And Reinstall The App
One last option you can try before taking more drastic measures: It’s possible there’s something wrong with the installation of the problematic app. If you’re already running the latest update, you might try to uninstall the app and reinstall it to get a “clean” version of the app.
If you followed the steps to clear the cache on an iPhone, you’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, so there’s nothing more to do here. But if you have an Android device, you can tap and drag the app to the top of the screen over Uninstall. After it’s removed, reinstall it from the Play Store and try again.
Read Also: How To Unlink Instagram From Facebook
Solution : Reset Your Device
Before you start doing this solution, you have to make sure that you have backed up your iPhone or Android device. This way, you will not lose any of the important data that you have on your device. Now, to start resetting your device, here are the steps that you should follow.
For iPhone Device:
- Step 1: Go ahead and tap on the âSettingsâ icon.
- Step 2: And then, go to General.
- Step 3: After that tap on âResetâ.
- Step 4: And then go ahead and tap on âErase All Content and Settingsâ and then go ahead and enter your passcode if you have made one.
- Step 5: After that, go ahead and tap on âErase iPhoneâ.
For Android Device:
- Step 1: Go to the âSettingsâ of your Android device.
- Step 2: After that, tap on âPrivacyâ.
- Step 3: Then go ahead and choose âFactory Data Reset/Reset All Settingsâ.
- Step 4: Then go ahead and tap on âAll/Restore Factory Settingsâ.
- Step 5: And then tap on the âYesâ button to confirm the action.
How To Fix Internet Explorer When It Keeps Closing Pages
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 231,664 times.Learn more…
Do you hate when you’re working on something in Internet Explorer, but all of a sudden the browser closes down? This wikiHow teaches you steps you can take to fix the issue. You can do these steps in any order you wish, but make sure you reset your browser as a last resort.
You May Like: How Do You Close Twitter Account
Solution : Regularly Clean Your Browsers Cache
Having the cache of your web browser clean is one way for you to fix your messenger that is not working. This way, you will be able to eliminate any system glitch on the browser that you are using and you will be able to use it faster.
This may also be a good way for you to solve the problem in accessing your Messenger using your web browser on your PC.
How To Fix Facebook Messenger Keeps Stopping And Crashing On Web
Also, just like those people who complain about messenger keeps on stopping using their Android and iPhone deviceâs, there are also other people who have complains about the same issue while they are actually using computers. Because of this, we have here some solutions that you can do for you to fix the issue with messenger using your computer.
You May Like: How To Get Linkedin Link
Solution : Restart Your Browser
Since you are using a web browser on accessing your Facebook Messenger, once that you are having trouble with it, just go ahead and close the browser and then open it again. After that, simply try to log back into your messenger account to check if it is working.
However, if you are still having trouble with it, go ahead and try using a different browser that you have on your computer.
Facebook App Keeps Crashing On Iphone 6s Ios10
Been testing iOS 10 for a few hours and noticed Facebook keeps crashing. Anyone else?
Please not i reported this to Facebook. And i only bring this upt to start s disscusion, as a Developer its intresting to find out what is going wrong. As developing my own apps i would not like to fall into the same type of hole. I’m sure FB will have it fixed in no time as they will be working with IOS10. All the people posting about using as a daily phone, it is not, i use it for work to test our Apps and how the interract with others. Like we use Facebook logins and other Facebbok related stuff for ios
Don’t Miss: How Retrieve Archived Gmail
Free Up Some Storage Space On Your Device
With the relatively generous storage space built into most modern phones and tablets, this probably won’t be a consideration for many people. But if you are very low on space, some resource-intensive apps might misbehave when they don’t have enough memory to function properly. The solution? Free up some storage space.
On the iPhone, you can see how much space is available in the Settings app and the clear space on your iOS device by deleting unused apps or data. On an Android device, the process is quite similar you can free up space on Android by deleting unwanted apps, clearing app caches, deleting files in the Downloads folder, and more.
Solution : Wipe Your Cache
This solution can only be done if you are using an Android device. There are two ways on how you can wipe your cache on your device.
Using Recovery Mode
- Step 1: Turn off your Android device
- Step 2: Then, press and hold the Home button, the Power button, and the Volume Up button at the same time for you to enter Recovery Mode.
- Step 3: Then, go ahead and use the volume up and down key for you to choose an option.
- Step 4: Using your volume buttons, go ahead and choose âwipe cache partitionâ.
- Step 5: After that, press your Power button for you to enable it.
- Step 6: After that, go ahead and reboot your Android device.
Using the Settings of Your Android Device
- Step 1: Go ahead and tap on âSettingsâ icon and then tap on âStorageâ.
- Step 2: And then, go ahead and tap on the âClear Cacheâ option and press âOKâ to confirm the action.
Recommended Reading: Snap Streak Symbols
Solution : Check On The Version Of Your Device
Here, you must make sure that your Android or iPhone device is updated. If not, go ahead and update your device because doing this may solve some of the glitches that you are experiencing. Here is how you can do it.
For iPhone Device:
- Step 1: Just go ahead and tap on the âSettingsâ icon.
- Step 2: And then, go ahead and tap on âGeneralâ.
- Step 3: And then, tap on âSoftware Updateâ.
If you see an available update on your iPhone device, go ahead and download and install the update and have your Messenger checked if it fixes the issue.
For Android Device:
- Step 1: Go ahead and tap on âSettingsâ.
- Step 2: Then tap on âAbout Deviceâ.
- Step 3: And then go ahead and tap on âSystemsâ.
- Step 4: Then tap on âCheck Updatesâ.
Just like the iPhone device, once that you see that there is an available update for your Android device, goa head and have it updated.
It’s Buggy Contact The Developer
Still no luck? You’ve exhausted virtually all the most fruitful troubleshooting steps, so the reality might be that the app is buggy, fundamentally incompatible with your mobile OS, or conflicting with other apps. If you haven’t been using the app for long, you should reach out to the developer to report the issue and see if you can get a refund.
Contact the developer from the app store. On an iOS device, start the App Store, find the app in question and scroll to theRatings & Reviews section. Keep scrolling and you should see App Support to the right of Write a Review. That’s where you should find a way to reach out to the developer.
On Android, open the Play Store and find your app. Look for the Developer contact link under the reviews it should contain, at minimum, an email address to contact.
Read Also: Record Snapchat Without Notification
Solution : Free Up Some Of Your Internal Memory
There are instances that one of the reasons as to why you are having trouble when you are using Facebook Messenger is because you do not sufficient memory left on your Android or on your iOS device.
All you have to do here is to access the Settings of your smartphone device and then your Storage and see if you still have enough memory left.
If your space is insufficient, then you might want to clear up some space on your Android or iOS device by deleting all the applications, files, photos, videos, and other data that you no longer need. Here is how to know the memory left on your device.
For iPhone Device:
- Step 1: Go ahead and launch Settings.
- Step 2: After that, tap on âGeneralâ and then tap on âiPhone Storageâ.
- Step 3: Then on the next page, you will then be able to see the available space left on your iPhone device.
For Android Device:
- Step 1: Go ahead and launch the âSettingsâ of your Android device.
- Step 2: After that, tap on the âSD Card and Phone Storageâ.
- Step 3: Then the total space and available space that you have on your Android device will be shown on your screen. You will be able to see there both your SD card availability and your internal storage.
Best Ways To Fix Apps Keep Closing On Iphone
Your iPhone apps can close due to any reason, so we have given 9 ways in this guide to help you solve this problem. Follow them and check if the iPhone apps keep closing issue gets solved.
Way 1. Quit & Re-launch Apps
If the iPhone app keeps closing or if it is not responding, you should force quit it and re-launch it.
Step 1: Swipe up from your Home screen or double click the Home button depending on your device.
Step 2: Look for the problematic application. Swipe it up to completely quit the app.
Step 3: Now return to the Home screen and launch the app again.
Way 2. Upgrade the Apps
Keeping the apps up-to-date is very important, because the developers not only push in new features in the app update but also fix the software glitches and bugs after identifying them.
Step 1: Open App Store and tap on Updates.
Step 2: Tap on each app and download and install the available updates of the individual app.
Step 3: Now launch the app and check if it is working.
Way 3. Restart Your iPhone
Most of the iOS issues get fixed automatically when the device is restarted.
Step 1: Press the top button or side button and hold it until you see the slider. If you are using iPhone X or later model then press and hold the side button with any of the volume button.
Step 2: Drag the slider and turn off the device.
Step 3: After a few minutes, restart your iPhone. Now, check whether the apps are working properly.
Way 4. Update iPhone to Latest Version
Step 1: Open Settings -> General.
You May Like: How To Allow Snapchat Camera Access