How To Know Which Phone Number Whatsapp Is Using On My Phone
On my phone I used my T-mobile number as well as my Google voice number. I registered to Whatsapp using my Google voice number. How can I check in Whatsapp which number it uses?
I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 4.4.2.
The number WhatsApp uses is the one you registered with to see it go to menu -> account -> payment info and there you will see which number is associated with the WhatsApp account.
EDIT: Since WhatsApp removed the payment, it is possible to check the connected number by opening the settings menu and tapping on the badge displaying name, status and profile picture.
Keep Your Whatsapp Chats When You Get A New Phone Number
ByJim Martin, Editor| 18 Aug 2021
As youre probably aware, WhatsApp ties your account to your phone number and you cant use the messaging app without one.
But what if your phone number changes? Fortunately, changing your number in WhatsApp is a relatively simple process. However, there are a few points you should keep in mind before you do it.
If youre changing your phone at the same time, you should first change your phone number in WhatsApp on your old device before registering it on the new one.
Here, well show you exactly what you have to do.
How To Check If My Whatsapp Number Is Blocked
Blocking is a powerful feature to stop receiving calls or messages from someone. If someone has blocked you, you might not notice it at first, but they will hold all the cards in the conversation.
Here are five different ways to check if someone blocked your number on WhatsApp:
- Check the last seen message: When you open the chat window, look at the last seen information under the users name. If this hasnt changed recently or you cant see it, they might have blocked you.
- Look for updates: If a user blocked you, you wont receive any updates regarding their About page, and their profile picture wont update for you either. A lack of updates on an account might mean youve been blocked .
- Send a message: If you send a message to a user who blocked you, they wont receive the message. However, youll still see a checkmark that youve sent it. If that checkmark never turns into a double checkmark , chances are youve been blocked.
- Try to make a call: If you try to call the person who blocked you, the call wont go through. This is one of the most reliable ways to test for someone blocking you.
- Use group chats: Try adding a person to a group chat. If you receive an error message prompting that youre unable to add someone, they have most likely blocked you.
You May Like: How To Change The Fire Emoji On Snapchat
Can You Use Whatsapp Without A Phone
Before we teach you how to use WhatsApp without a phone, there are certain things that you should know.
Ideally, to use the WhatsApp Messenger on Android, iOS, or Windows Phone, you need to install the app on a working device with a stable internet connection.
While setting up your WhatsApp account, you would be asked to enter your phone number. Subsequently, a one-time generated verification code would be sent to this number.
This is exactly where you need to be careful if you wish to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
Instead of entering your number, you can try any other number or even get a virtual number.
This will let you access WhatsApp without providing your phone number. I have covered both of these techniques in the next section.
Can I Receive The Whatsapp Verification Code By Email
You will see two screens when you are creating a WhatsApp account that helps with the verification Registration and Two-step verification.
- Two-Step verification can be accessed in the Account menu in Settings.
- Next, you can add an email ID to enable Two-step verification to receive verification code by email.
Read Also: How To View Archived Emails On Gmail
Hack A Whatsapp Account Using Whatsapp Web
WhatsApp has an official feature called WhatsApp Web which lets user open the WhatsApp chats directly on any web browser.
This method is often exploited to read someone elses WhatsApp messages. It requires access to the target phone each time you want to use the method. Additionally, there are also chances of getting caught when using this method.
Here are the steps to hack a WhatsApp account using WhatsApp web:
Step 1: Open the web browser of your phone or computer and visit web.whatsapp.com.
Step 2: Access the target phone and open the WhatsApp application on it. Click on the 3 dots in the corner.
Step 3: Click on WhatsApp Web option and scan the QR code on the browser with the target phones WhatsApp account.
Step 4: Their WhatsApp chats will open in your web browser. However, their phone will show in notifications that WhatsApp Web is being used. Therefore, you might want to close that notification.
Finding My Whatsapp Number And Username On Ios
NOTE:We are using iPhone 7 to achieve this task running on iOS version 13.6 and WhatsApp version 2.20.80
Looking out for your WhatsApp number and username on iOS is as easy as looking for both the things on Android. But as the steps are a little different, its good to know how to actually find them.
1. Open the app drawer of your iOS device and swipe left or right to find and open WhatsApp.
2. The home screen of WhatsApp will appear now with all the chats. You need to tap on the Settings icon given at the bottom right side of the screen.
3. Inside the WhatsApp Settings, at the top, you can see the username that you have registered with WhatsApp.
4. When you further tap on your username, it will take you to another screen where you can again see your username along with the phone number which is registered with WhatsApp.
Now you finally know how to find WhatsApp username and number on iOS that you have been using all this time.
Just like in the case of Android devices, if the other user has saved your contact, then they will only see that name appearing on your WhatsApp account. Username will be shown to only those people who have not saved your contact but who are still connected to you on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp also keeps some hidden tips and tricks under its sleeves which you will be amazed to know.
Also Check: How To Make Facebook Story Music Longer
How To Activate Whatsapp With An Old Number Without Sim
Do you have a stale WhatsApp account that you require right now?
However, if you misplaced the SIM card and now need to use the account on a new device, the method becomes a bit more complicated.
Don’t be concerned. You may effortlessly transfer your previous WhatsApp account to your PC without having to register anew.
Here’s how to: – Activate your Old WhatsApp on Web
Are you perplexed about how to utilize WhatsApp web on a mobile device? Yes, you may now use WhatsApp web to run your old WhatsApp on your new phone.
If you’ve got an old WhatsApp app on your phone and need to transfer it to a new device, simply follow the steps below:
- To begin, open WhatsApp on your old phone and tap on the three-dots symbol.
- Simply look for and select the WhatsApp web option.
- Now, on your other devices, navigate to web.whatsapp.com.
- If you’re using a smart phone, just switch to the desktop version of the browser.
- Scanning the QR code from the WhatsApp web option completes the process.
Use Whatsapp On Pc Without Mobile Phone
There are multiple ways to use WhatsApp on PC or Mac, each method has its own advantages and disadvantages as listed below.
1. Android SDK: Installing and setting up Android SDK takes time and uses a good amount of resources on your PC.
2. Android Emulators: Android Emulators like BlueStacks or Andy create an Android like environment on your PC, allowing you to run Android Apps, including WhatsApp.
3. Third Party Software: There are some third party programs that are designed to run WhatsApp on PC. However, we are unable to recommend any of them as we havent tried any of these programs.
4. WhatsApp Web: Using the Desktop or Web version of WhatsApp is the official way to Use WhatsApp on PC.
However, this method still requires you to have a smartphone with an active WhatsApp Account running on it.
In general, WhatsApp Web is not an independent or stand-alone application, it only manages to duplicate or Mirror your Mobile WhatsApp Account on the larger screen of your PC or Mac.
Hence, in this guide we are making use of an Android Emulator called BlueStacks to independently run WhatsApp on PC, without the need to have an WhatsApp Account on your Mobile Phone.
Read Also: How To View Archived Gmails
Seeing Numbers Instead Of Contacts On Whatsapp
But what if you wake up one morning and see that your WhatsApp is not showing contact names, even though those numbers have already been saved on your Android phone? This can be due to a temporary glitch and if you continue using your phone, it should automatically correct itself.
However, you dont have all the time in the day to spend trying to figure out whom you are chatting with, so it is always preferable to fix your WhatsApp contacts right away.
There are some steps you should take if your Whatsapp is not showing contact names. All of these apply to your regular WhatsApp Messenger as well as your WhatsApp Business.
Link Whatsapp With A Landline Number
This is comparatively an easier solution to use WhatsApp without a phone number. In this, we will be entering a working number for WhatsApp to link â just not a personal mobile number.
Instead, we will try to set up WhatsApp using a landline number. Hereâs how to use WhatsApp without code or SMS verification.
Before you uninstall your WhatsApp, we recommend you to backup your WhatsApp to the computer first.
More to Read:
Recommended Reading: How Do You Get To Archived Mail In Gmail
How Do I Give Someone My Whatsapp Number
There are way to give out a whatsapp number, by providing a url or probably giving out the mobile phone number linked to a whatsapp account. On this article we will be looking at how do i give someone my whatsapp number, and I will explain the ways which you can do that.
Before going further, I want you to know that you cannot use the whatsapp without a phone number, even if you go ahead and create a fake phone for your whatsapp, it will still require you to enter a mobile phone number in order to have your whatsapp account.
Ive seen lots of people asking how to use whatsapp without phone number or getting a random phone number from apps like textNow, etc. Honestly I dont recommend such to anyone unless you dont want to use your phone number for your account.
Now lets proceed with the topic of the post, how do i give someone my whatsapp number.
Latest Method Us Number For Whatsapp Verification
Watch the Video Tutorial see how you can get a Virtual US Number to verify your WhatsApp Account. You can learn more about creating US Number for WhatsApp from the Video below.
After a series of comments telling that no app is working, etc. I checked that application again and found it was not working with WhatsApp. Again, after a few research, I am back with another method through which you can get a free working US number which starts with +1 and create a WhatsApp Account with it. In this method, you can also even select the Area code as well. So, without further ado, lets get started.
- At first, download the app called 2ndLine from the Google Play Store with the link below
- Open the Up and tap on Get a Free Phone Number button
- After that, a new page will appear asking you to enter Email and Password
- You can enter any random Username and Password or even give your primary Email address and tap on Create Account
- No, you are not required to verify your email address
- Now, the app will ask for seven permissions on your device. Just Tap Yes for all permissions.
- Now, you have to select an Area code for the US. There are tons of Area code that you can find. For this article, I will be using the Area code 513 which is of Ohio. You can also select any from New York, Mexico, etc,
- Now, you will be taken to the dashboard where it will display your new US Number
Follow the next step to create WhatsApp Account with this number. There is a little bit of trick here.
You May Like: How To Turn Off Promotions In Gmail
How To Hide Your Phone Number On Whatsapp
WhatsApp will be in everyones phone bucket. It allows us to make free voice calls and send instant messages to anywhere in the world. The ability to create and manage groups is another useful feature of the app. So we can easily create WhatsApp groups with old classmates, colleagues, family members, etc to share nostalgic memories and stay connected.
The same grouping feature may create a headache for many of us. Any group member can view your phone number by simply tapping on your profile picture. It will result in getting unwanted calls and messages on your number. Is there any way to hide your WhatsApp number from strangers?
On Facebook, you can hide the phone number from others including friends. But unfortunately, WhatsApp has no such feature. So WhatsApp users should display their phone number on the profile even though it is a serious threat to their privacy.
Today, well tell you how to hide your phone number on WhatsApp using a simple trick.
I assume you have any of the following before going to the rest of the topic,
- A Google Voice number or
- A data card number or
- An alternate contact number
where you can receive SMS codes
You Might Wonder Why Whatsapp Is Not Showing Contact Names In The First Place
One reason for this could be that your WhatsApp is not syncing contacts, and you can easily fix this. This updates the saved contacts on your device so that they can reflect accordingly on your WhatsApp. Your WhatsApp can also stop showing contact names after a device update. If this happens, either of the steps below should also be able to fix this.
Don’t Miss: Should I Put My Linkedin On My Resume
Can Someone Hack Your Whatsapp 2020
Hackers can access your WhatsApp data by various means e.g via WhatsApp web or registering your number on another device. Although one WhatsApp number cannot work on two phones at the same time, hackers if you register your number on another device, can easily get hold of all your chats including the personal ones.
Find Where Is My Whatsapp Number
Now it is very much annoying to anyone that he or she can find his Whatsapp number or not. But to resolve this means to find your WhatsApp number, you have to follow my article thoroughly.
- Step 1: Open your Whatsapp messenger chat.
- Step 2: Click on the three dots button.
- Step 3:Click on the Settings option.
- Step 4:Click on the place which is showing in the following.
Thus you can able to find what your WhatsApp number is. On the other hand, if you want to know your friend is also on Whatsapp or not, then you just have to go to your contact list then search for the name of your friend on the search bar. Then go to the details section, if you can see a WhatsApp icon on there then your friend is also in the WhatsApp with his contact number.
Read Also: Gmail Retrieve Archived Emails
Whatsapp Makes Switching To A New Phone Number Easy Through Its Change Number Feature
WhatsApp users can switch to a new phone number with the following some easy steps
- WhatsApp lets you notify your contacts upon changing your phone number
- You wont lose your chats if you arent switching to a new phone
- WhatsApp will require you to register your new phone number
WhatsApp allows you to easily change your phone number without losing your chats, and we’re going to explain how to do that. The instant messaging platform is one of the most actively used apps for most smartphone users. A lot of people use it for sending messages and making voice and video calls. These features make WhatsApp a go-to solution for smartphone users. But since WhatsApp works with your phone number, you need to update your WhatsApp account when you change your existing number. And it’s perfectly possible for regular WhatsApp users to change their phone number without losing the chats stored in the app.
To ease the process of changing your phone number, WhatsApp has a dedicated Change Number feature. This lets you easily move from an old phone number to a new one. The feature also provides the ability for users to automatically inform their contacts about the change. Here’s a step-by-step guide to change your WhatsApp number.