How To Unlink Your Instagram Accounts
- To unlink two Instagram accounts, youll need to remove one in the Login Info menu.
- If you want to unlink your Instagram account from Facebook, youll instead use the Accounts Center menu.
- Youll need to be using the Instagram mobile app to unlink your accounts.
- Visit Insiders Tech Reference library for more stories.
The Facebook-Instagram-Messenger ecosystem is massive, and if you have an account on one platform, theres a good chance you have an account on another. In Instagrams case, you might even have multiple accounts whether its public or a private finsta.
There are several ways to link all these accounts together, which can make it easier to log into and switch between them. But if you want to unlink these accounts, which can help keep your data and information more secure, it only takes a few taps.
Heres how to unlink multiple Instagram accounts, or unlink your Instagram from Facebook.
How To Unlink Two Instagram Accounts
Once you unlink Instagram accounts, you can’t link them again. Instagram doesn’t allow users to log into multiple accounts with a single login anymore.
1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android and head to your profile page.
2. Tap the three lines in the top-right corner, and then select Settings.
3. Tap Login Info.;
Important: If you don’t see the Login Info option, it means that your accounts aren’t linked you’re likely just logged into both on the same phone. To fix this, you’ll just need to log out of the account you want to get rid of.
4. Tap the three dots next to the account you want to unlink, and then tap Remove.
How To Unlink Instagram From Your Facebook
If you’ve set up your Instagram so it shares content to Facebook, you can unlink them.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and open your profile page.
2. Tap the three lines in the top-right corner and select Settings.
3. In the list that opens, tap Accounts Center.
4. Tap your connected accounts near the top of the page, and then select either your Instagram or Facebook account.
5. Select Remove From Accounts Center and confirm that you want to remove it.
You May Like: How To Connect With Someone On Linkedin