How To Unblock A Blocked Website Using A Vpn
A VPN is a network technology that allows you to create a secure connection to another network over the Internet.
A VPN can be used to access region-restricted websites, shield your web browsing activities on public WiFi networks, and more.
There are many paid and free VPN services and applications for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and iPhone .
Four examples of well-known VPN services are:
Most VPNs are very easy to use.
Some VPNs also offer a browser extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Spiritual: Participate In A Service Or Volunteer Activity
Being of service is an opportunity to give unconditionally. Choose an activity that allows you to interact with others who may be suffering in ways that you are not. Being of service is a way to generate compassion and experience how your own compassion for others affects your sense of well-being.;;
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.
How To Block A Twitter Account
Blocked accounts cannot:
- Follow you
- View your Tweets when logged in on Twitter
- Find your Tweets in search when logged in on Twitter
- Send Direct Messages to you
- View your following or followers lists, likes or lists when logged in on Twitter
- View a Moment youve created when logged in on Twitter
- Add your Twitter account to their lists
- Tag you in a photo
Recommended Reading: What Does Ft Mean In Text On Snapchat
How To Block From A Twitter Account
To block a Tweet
Step 1: Open your Twitter app on an iOS device.
Step 2: Then, go to the Tweet of the account you wish to block.
Step 3: Now, tap the down arrow icon located at the top of a Tweet.
Step 4: Tap block.
Step 5: Choose block to confirm.
To block from a profile
Step 1: Open your Twitter app in an iOS device.
Step 2: Then, visit the profile page of the account you wish to block.
Step 3: Tap the overflow icon represented by three dots at the top.
Step 4: Tap block.
Step 5: Choose block to confirm.
How To Know If I Have Blocked Someone In Twitter
It is very easy to know whether you have blocked someone or not.
Once you visit the Twitter profile of the account that you have blocked, you will notice that the Follow button has been replaced by the Blocked button.
Also, the tweets from the accounts profile will be hidden, however, you can access them by choosing the Yes, view profile option.
Don’t Miss: How To Access Twitter Drafts
How Is Twitter Blocked
There are several ways through which social media websites are blocked.; The most common way in which most countries block Twitter is through DNS poisoning. DNS stands for Domain Name System and is basically the phone book of the internet.
In laymans terms, when you type in the name of a website, the text you type is compared against the Domain Name System for the corresponding IP address.
At that moment, you are essentially connected to the system holding the server name that you beckoned for by typing in its domain name. Simply put, the DNS system is a handy way to translate the website names into their corresponding numeric IP addresses.
DNS poisoning was initially considered to be nothing more than a hacking technique. This happens when you type in a URL, and the Domain Name System recognizes the website name, but since it is poisoned , it takes you to a different website. Sounds familiar? Yes, that is how most of the websites are blocked.
Change Dns Settings In Android 9
1. Open settings.
2. Tap on Connections or Network ∓ internet.
3. Tap on More connection settings or Advanced.
4. Tap on Private DNS.
5. Select the Private DNS provider hostname option.
6. Enter the DNS provider hostname in the field below.
For Google, you enter dns.google. For Cloudflare , you enter one.one.one.one or 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com.
7. Tap on Save.
Your DNS settings are now changed.
Note: If you have a smartphone with an older version of Android, then you can use an app, like Cloudflare’s 184.108.40.206 app.
Also Check: Gmail Reverse Conversation Extension
How To Unblock A Blocked Website Using Proxy Sites
A proxy site is a website hosted on a server that redirects your web browsing activity. A proxy site acts as an intermediary between you and the website you want to visit.
You can use proxy sites to access blocked websites.
1. Visit any of the proxy sites listed below.
2. Enter the URL of the website you want to unblock .
3. Press Enter.
Note: Some companies, schools, or countries block proxy sites, and they might update their list of proxy sites regularly, so you might want to make a list of proxy sites.
If You Are Willing To Take Them Back It Is Easy To Do
If you;blocked someone, it’s relatively easy to unblock them on Twitter. You can unblock them using Twitter in a web browser or on the Twitter app from your list of blocked accounts or from the user’s profile page.
A side effect of blocking an account is they are no longer one of your followers, even after you unblock them. They need to follow you again to read your tweets.
Recommended Reading: How To Unlink Instagram From Facebook
How Will I Know If Someone Blocked Me On Twitter
Due to the nature of blocking, you wont receive any notifications or alerts that another user took the action to hide your Tweets. However, Twitter does make it especially easy to find out if youre blocked. All you need to do is use the search bar to locate the users profile. A message will appear stating the account owner blocked you.
If you see this message, there is no question; youve most certainly been blocked.
How To Unblock Twitter With A Vpn
If Twitter is blocked where you are, don’t despair there’s a simple way to get back to your feed. A VPN will do most of the legwork for you. Just follow these simple steps:
If youre still having difficulty signing in, you may need to clear your cache and cookies before retrying.
You May Like: How To Do Multiple Pictures On Instagram Post
What Features Do You Need To Unblock Twitter
There are numerous VPNs that claim to access Twitter. But when you’re choosing a provider, there are certain attributes that you’ll want to keep an eye out for we’ve listed some of the most important ones below:
- Powerful encryption this keeps your login, location, and any other information you input secure.
- Speed nobody enjoys seeing the dreaded “Tweets arent loading right now error or an endlessly buffering video.
- A selection of servers in Europe and North America if you live somewhere where Twitter is blocked, connecting to a European or North American server will be your best bet for unrestricted access.
- Android and iOS compatibility apps for your mobile devices mean you can take your Twitter account, and your VPN encryption, with you wherever you go.
- Number of simultaneous connections connect your laptop, PC, phone, hell, even connect your Smart TV if you like!
- Money-back guarantee or trial period youll want to make sure youre committing to the right provider before you take the plunge with a subscription, and a money-back guarantee allows you to test out the criteria on this list without ending up stuck in an unwanted contract.
How To Unblock Someone On Twitter On Your Computer
1. On your computer or desktop, log in to Twitter.;
2. Once you’ve logged in, tap the icon of your profile photo in the top right-hand corner and scroll down to find “Settings and privacy.”
3. On the left, find “Blocked Accounts” in the menu, and click on it.;
4. The list of blocked users will appear under “Accounts you’ve blocked” to unblock, hover your mouse over “Blocked” to unblock.;
Recommended Reading: How Do I Mute Someone On Instagram
How To Unblock Twitter
Although some companies have relaxed their policies on social media and allow employees to communicate with one another in the workplace, many businesses are still reluctant to allow access to websites such as Twitter and Facebook because of the potential for abuse. If Twitter is blocked on your network, you may be able to use certain techniques to work around firewall restrictions. For example, many organizations only restrict access to a website via its domain name, or host name but not its IP address. Alternatively, if the IP address is blocked, you can connect to a virtual private network and then log in to Twitter.
How To Unblock Someone On Twitter Spaces And What Happens When You Do That
Twitter Spaces is the latest exciting thing on the internet and for good reason. As more and more real-life human interactions are being effectively replicated on social media, it should not have come as a surprise that this live, audio-only format is gaining rapid popularity.
The social media element of this interaction brings in the blocking and unblocking feature that is important to manage your followers whenever they flout Twitter norms or even personal guidelines that may have been set by you. Weve already covered how to block someone on and you can read the article here. If you want to unblock someone on Twitter spaces, heres everything you need to know.;
Also Check: How To See Deleted Emails On Gmail
Is It Safe To Use A Vpn To Unblock Twitter
A reliable VPN is designed to encrypt your traffic, so that nobody knows what you are doing. As a result, you’ll be able to use Twitter without your ISP or the Nigerian government finding out.
The VPNs we recommend for Nigeria have a proven track record of providing privacy for their users. That said, it is important that you use certain VPN features to ensure you are 100% safe:
How To Enable Dns Over Https In Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Type chrome://flags/#dns-over-https in the address bar.
3. Press Enter.
4. Click on the selection button located next to the Secure DNS flag and then click on Enabled.
5. Click on the restart button located in the bottom right corner of the browser.
DNS over HTTPS is now enabled.
Don’t Miss: How To Check Gmail Storage In App
How To Unblock A Blocked Website Using Tails
Tails is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a USB stick or a DVD.
It allows you to use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship.
Tails forces all Internet connections to go through the Tor network.
You can download Tails here.
You can install Tails on a USB flash drive, then boot a computer from the USB flash drive, open the web browser and visit the blocked website.
What Is Sensitive Content On Twitter
According to Twitter, its potentially sensitive content that other users might not wish to ascertain , like violence or nudity.
Similarly, once you visit a profile that posts such content regularly, youll see a warning. It says, This profile may include potentially sensitive content. Youre seeing this warning because they Tweet potentially sensitive images or language. does one still want to look at it?
Now that we are clear with the fundamentals, you would like to ascertain sensitive content on Twitter.
Read Also: What Does The Gray Box Mean On Snapchat
How To Block Or Unblock Someone By Going To Their Twitter Profile
1. First, log in to Twitter.;
2. Once you’ve logged in, go to the profile page of the user you wish to block by either typing in their handle into search, or by clicking their profile photo from the newsfeed.;
3. Next to the “Follow” button on the right side, you will see 3 vertical dots, click on them.;
Should I Use Twitter On A Vpn
If your government is trying to restrict access to Twitter to clamp down on essential speech and the right to protest then your best recourse is to use a VPN. Its becoming an essential communication tool and a way for people to find out whats really going on.
Even in emergency situations, many people resort to Twitter to provide updates and seek help for those affected. By using a VPN, youre escaping restrictions placed on you by your ISP or workplace and not necessarily engaging in any illegal activity.
Read Also: How To Join Group Boards On Pinterest
Change Dns Settings In Windows 10
1. Open settings.
2. Click on Network & Internet.
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center located at the bottom.
4. Click on your network.
5. Click on Properties.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 .
7. Click on the Properties button.
8. Select the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
9. Enter the IP addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
For Google, you enter 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. For Cloudflare, you enter 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
10. Click on the OK button.
11. Click on the Close button.
Your DNS settings are now changed.
How To Block Accounts On Twitter
Block is a feature that helps you control how you interact with other accounts on Twitter. This feature helps people in restricting specific accounts from contacting them, seeing their Tweets, and following them.
Note: Learn about our advanced block options for more detailed information on this feature.
Some important things to know about block:
- Accounts you have blocked cannot follow you, and you cannot follow an account you have blocked.
- Blocking an account you are currently following will cause you to unfollow that account . If you decide to unblock that account, you will have to follow that account again.
- Blocked accounts do not receive a notification alerting them that their account has been blocked. However, if a blocked account visits the profile of an account that has blocked them, they will see they have been blocked .
- If you block an account and they choose to report your account, any of your Tweets that directly mention them will be available for them to view and attach during the reporting process.
- You will not receive notifications from accounts you block, or accounts that you do not follow who mention you in conversations started by accounts that you block. You will, however, see notifications from accounts you follow when they mention you in a conversation started by an account you block. If youâd like to view all of your mentions, you can do so by searching your username.
Blocked accounts cannot:
Also Check: How To Clear Promotions In Gmail
The Vpns Best Suited For Twitter
These VPNs have been ranked based on the following criteria:
- Speed and stability of service
- Large number of server locations in Europe and North America
- Strong encryption parameters so your location remains hidden
- Apps for Android and iOS
- Number of simultaneous connections so you can share with friends and family
- Ease of use
Whether you want a Twitter VPN on Android, iPhone or PC, you can choose from any of the VPNs on this list.
How To Unblock Twitter At School
Here are the steps you need to follow that unblocks Twitter:
- Subscribe to either ExpressVPN or Surfshark
- Login with your Username and Password
- Connect to US server available on the app
- Now open the Twitter website and enjoy tweeting!
There are several ways to unblock Twitter using a VPN that works in a school. Other ways to unblock Twitter is by:
You May Like: How To Upload Video On Pinterest
What Blocked Accounts Cannot Do
How Do I Report A Twitter Account
If the offense goes beyond a simple nuisance and into a dangerous or threatening territory, you can report the account to Twitters support staff.
Following the same instructions weve shown above, choose the option to Report the user rather than the Block option. Fill out the forms to submit the report. You will receive a confirmation message that the report was received, but you wont necessarily know the outcome.
Its also a good idea to take screenshots of any harmful messages or Tweets on the users profile. If the other user decides to delete messages or their account to avoid retribution, you can file a report with screenshots on the .
Don’t Miss: How To See Deleted Emails On Gmail