Using The Chrome Browser With Inspect
If youre interested in exporting unsaved numbers from a WhatsApp group to an Excel file, this method is for you. Ill show you how to do it in the Google Chrome browser using the Inspect command.
Allow Whatsapp To Access Phone Address Book
In order to display Contact Names, WhatsApp needs to be provided with permission to access the Address book on your Android Phone.
Follow the steps below to make sure that WhatsApp has access to the Address book on your device.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Applications.
2. On the next screen, tap on Application Manager.
Note: This step is not required on Stock Android Phones
3. On the Application Manager screen, scroll down and tap on WhatsApp.
Arranging The Phone Numbers Into Separate Excel Cells
After copying your WhatsApp group phone numbers into Excel, you’ll notice that they’re not separated into individual cells. Separating them will make it easier to copy and paste individual numbers when needed.
To separate numbers into individual Excel cells, you’ll first need to select the column containing the phone numbers. From the Excel ribbon, click Data. Then, choose Text to Columns.
In the next window, tick the Delimited circle. After that, click on Next.
In the following Window, uncheck the Tab option. When you’ve done that, tick the Comma box.
Once you’ve completed the steps mentioned above, click Next. Then, choose Finish. The phone numbers are now in separate cells in a single row. Select that entire row and copy it by pressing Ctrl + C on your keyboard.
After doing the above, you can either open a new sheet or right-click on any cell within the one already opened. Whichever you choose, you’ll need to go to Paste Special… > Other Paste Options > Paste Special….
After clicking on the pasting option, click the Transpose checkbox. Then, tap on OK. You should now see the contact numbers in a single column. But where they were previously bundled together, each should now have their own separate cell instead.
Note: If a contact is in your phone book already, you’ll see the names you saved them withand not their phone numbers. However, you can still get their mobile numbers from your phone book once you know they’re grouped within Excel.
Read Also: How Many Characters Do You Get On Twitter
How To Export Whatsapp Contacts To Excel Wrapping Up
Howd you find this tutorial?
To be honest, not many people would think there are so many ways to export WhatsApp contacts, but luckily, there are. iTransor for WhatsApp is a premium option, and it works well to export WhatsApp contacts to your computer and to export contacts from WhatsApp to iPhone as well.
However, if youre looking for the opposite,heres how to transfer WhatsApp contacts from iCloud to Android.
The other methods, such as using the Export Contacts option on WhatsApp for Android and using WhatsApp Web with the Inspect Command in Chrome are free and great too, and once you follow the tutorials above, youll realize its not as daunting as you thought.
Let me know in the comments which method you used to export your WhatsApp contacts and feel free to share this article if you think it might help someone you know!
How To Add/sync Contacts In Whatsapp On Bluestacks 5
How will this help?
This article will help you synchronize the existing contacts from WhatsApp on your phone with WhatsApp on BlueStacks. All the contacts on your phone’s WhatsApp will also be available in WhatsApp on your BlueStacks.
The article will also help you with adding new contacts once you have synced the existing ones with Whatsapp in BlueStacks.
NOTE: To automatically sync your phone contacts with WhatsApp on BlueStacks, make sure:1. Contacts syncing is enabled on your phone.2. You are logged in to Play Store on BlueStacks with the same email account with which your phone contacts are synced.
How to sync your phone contacts in WhatsApp on BlueStacks?
1. Install the “Contacts” app by Google LLC on BlueStacks. To know how to install apps on BlueStacks 5, please refer to this article.
2. Open the “Contacts” app by clicking on its icon.
3. On the app’s home page, select the hamburger menu on the top left corner of the screen.
4. From the menu, select “Merge & fix”.
5. The “Merge & fix” page will give you the option to restore contacts from your mobile phone profile. Below the phone profile, the app also shows the number of contacts and the associated e-mail address. Click on this option.
6. The Restore contacts screen gives you the option to select the e-mail address and phone profiles associated with it. Click on the phone profile mentioned under Device backup.
7. On the next screen, click on “Restore”. Your contacts will start restoring in the background.
Read Also: How To Change Streak Emoji
Thats How You Import Contacts To Whatsapp
WhatsApp, like many other social media and messaging platforms, is becoming an increasingly important part of our lives. We use it to communicate with our loved ones, our co-workers, business associates, and friends. At times, we may even use it to send files and important documents.
Because of this, we need to be able to manage our data as effectively as we can, and that involves keeping our WhatsApp contacts up to date.
Although it might be somewhat annoying to find out that WhatsApp does not automatically sync contacts from your old phone into a new one, you dont need to worry.
If youve followed all the steps listed above, you should have your contacts all imported by now.
Did you like this article? Let me know what you think in the comments below and dont forget to share it if you think it could help someone you know.
Using The Itransor App
iTransor for WhatsApp is a data management app specifically for WhatsApp. You can use it to transfer WhatsApp between iPhone and Android phones. It also allows you to back up WhatsApp to your computer as well as restore your WhatsApp backup to your phone. For this tutorial, well be using iTransor to export WhatsApp contacts to Excel.
The iTransor app has a monthly and annual subscription plan for individuals. The monthly plan costs $29.95 and covers up to 5 devices, while the annual plan costs $39.95 with the same number of devices covered.
The Business plan costs $39.95 per month and covers 6 10 devices. If you need more than that, you can contact iTransors parent company, iMyFone, and request a custom plan.
Before you begin, be sure to back up your WhatsApp so that the backup used is accurate and up to date. Do not interrupt or stop your WhatsApp backup while its in progress to avoid damaging it.
Read Also: How To Add Pictures On Twitter
Fix : Grant Whatsapp Access To Contacts
When you install WhatsApp and set it up for the first time, the app requests access to your phonebook. If you deny the request at that point, then WhatsApp wont be able to import your contacts. Youll have to do it manually later on. Weve already discussed how to do this earlier in the article. However, theres another method you can try:
After youve followed the above steps, go back to WhatsApp. Your contacts will now be automatically synced. However, if they are not, then proceed to the solutions below.
Common Solution Work For Android/iphone
1. Check Network Settings
Most of the time, WhatsApp is not properly connected to any issue in the network resulting in WhatsApp and contacts not syncing. So, you have to check various network settings on your Android or Apple mobile by:
- Go to the phone’s Settings and tap on Network & internet. Then, turn Airplane mode on and off.
- Similarly, go to the phone’s Settings and open Network & internet. Now, tap on Data usage and turn Mobile data on.
- Go to phone’s Settings and open Apps & notifications. Scroll down to the WhatsApp icon and open it. Now, tap on Data usage and turn Background data on.
- Lastly, go to your phone’s Settings and tap on Network & Internet. Here, open the Wi-Fi icon and turn Wi-Fi off and on.
All these settings work for both iPhone and Android mobiles.
2. Reset WhatsApp Permission
For Android devices
- Go to the Settings and tap on Apps and notifications. Then, scroll down to WhatsApp and open it.
- Now, tap on Permissions and turn on the toggler of Contacts.
- Go to the Settings and open the WhatsApp icon. Then turn on the Contacts to solve the issue of WhatsApp and contacts not syncing
3. Restart Phone
Sometimes this issue is fixed by simply restart your iPhone. Often this issue is due to a random bug in the iOS software and this technique solves the problem successfully. So, if you are WhatsApp not syncing contacts you should:
4. Check for the Latest WhatsApp
Also Check: What Do Two Arrows Mean On Snapchat
Refresh Contacts List Manually
On Android, WhatsApp offers an option to refresh the contacts list in the app.
If the freshly added contacts dont showing up on the Android app, you can try this trick.
Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
Step 2: Tap on the compose message button at the bottom.
Step 3: Tap on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
Step 4: Select Refresh, and WhatsApp will try to fetch new contacts from the Contacts app on the phone.
Within a few seconds, you will notice new contacts appearing on WhatsApp. Either manually scroll the list or use the search option at the top to find a new contact.
Enable Background App Refresh
You dont have a similar Refresh option on the iPhone. Instead, WhatsApp on Android offers a Background App Refresh toggle that automatically refreshes data in the background and keeps things in sync.
Step 1: Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
Step 2: Scroll down to WhatsApp.
Step 3: Enable Background App Refresh from the WhatsApp menu.
Read Also: View Private Twitter Account 2020
Why Are Contacts Not Showing In Whatsapp
WhatsApp requires contacts that are saved on the smartphones Phonebook to text and call people. If the contacts are not visible, a person can’t text anyone from their WhatsApp app. However, there are many reasons for which the contacts are not showing on your smartphone. These problems can be fixed using a few simple methods:
- Check if your contacts are using WhatsApp
- Check if you have saved your contacts’ phone numbers in your phone’s address book. If you have recently formatted your phone and the phone’s address book is clear with no contacts in it, the contacts would not appear on the WhatsApp app as well. Try saving your contacts back again and they will start appearing in the app too.
- Check if your contacts are using a foreign phone number, use the full international format while saving the number.
- Check if you have allowed WhatsApp to access your phone’s contacts in your phone’s Settings app. If you have not given permission to the app, it would not be able to show contacts in the app.
How To Add Iphone Contacts To Whatsapp
The process is simple and we will take a look at the different steps and things that you need to do to make the process a simple affair. Remember, there are a variety of ways in which you can add contacts to WhatsApp. Here is a step-by-step guide of easy iPhone contacts transfer to WhatsApp:
1) Enabling access
– For this go to your iPhone settings. – From settings go to privacy. – Tap on Contacts. – Check to see that your WhatsApp is set to ON. If not, turn it on. – Now go to your WhatsApp app and open the contacts tab. Tap on the “+” button and choose the contact you want to add. – Enter detailed information about your contact, including location name postal code etc. – By clicking on “Done”, the process is complete.
2) Manual entering of contacts
This is for you if you wish to keep the privacy settings and get the contacts on WhatsApp at the same time. – Go to Contacts tab on you WhatsApp messenger. – Click on the + button. – Now manually enter the number of your desired contact. Include detailed information. If your contact is from a foreign country, be sure to include the STD code of that country as well. This is a slightly painstaking process because you have to manually enter each number into your WhatsApp.
Bonus: What if iPhone Contacts were Lost? How to Add?
– If you have an iTunes backup, click on “Recover from iTunes Backup files” and your pre-existing backup will be immediately scanned.)
Read Also: How To Screenshot On Snapchat 2020
Top 6 Ways To Fix Whatsapp Contacts Not Showing On Iphone And Android
WhatsApp continues to dethrone the competition with a huge user base. Over the years, the Facebook-owned company did introduce new features such as voice calls, video calls, WhatsApp Pay, and more. But at the same time, WhatsApp kept failing at basics, such as the absence of multi-device support, video limit, and sometimes contacts not showing on iPhone and Android.
It can be frustrating when WhatsApp fails to show newly added contacts or the already added contacts list on the device. You might be in the middle of introducing yourself on WhatsApp to someone, but the error might throw off the whole experience.
Lets troubleshoot the issue and put the thighs back as they should be in the first place.
Turn On Background App Refresh Or Refresh Contacts Manually
Another way to fix WhatsApp contacts not showing is to refresh your contacts manually on your android phone or turn on the background app refresh on an iPhone.
You need to do this when your contacts are not syncing automatically. Usually, this happens after an update and the app stops syncing contacts for a while.
- On your Android phone, launch WhatsApp. Tap New Chat, open More Options and tap Refresh.
- Go to your Setting on the iPhone, scroll, and select WhatsApp. Under Allow WhatsApp To Access, enable the Background App Refresh
WhatsApp will begin to sync and update your contact list.
You May Like: Add Picture To Tweet
Why You Might Want To Save Group Chat Contacts Elsewhere
When you save your WhatsApp group contacts somewhere other than on your phone, it enables you to reach out to them even when you’re offline.
Having the ability to contact group chat members while offline is useful for many reasons. If your WhatsApp gets hacked or your phone is stolen, for example, you can send a bulk SMS to group members and let them know that you’ve lost access to WhatsApp.
Seeing Numbers Instead Of Contacts’ Names
If your contacts’ numbers are shown instead of their names, you might need to reset the WhatsApp sync with your contacts. To do so:
If the steps above don’t work, it’s possible that your phone’s settings might be preventing WhatsApp from functioning properly. If so, please try the following:
Open your phone’s Settings, then tap Apps & notifications> WhatsApp> Permissions. Make sure all permissions are turned on.
If the issue still isn’t fixed, please contact your phone’s manufacturer for more information regarding security permissions on your phone.
Don’t Miss: Telegram Double Check Mark
How To Import Contacts From Excel To Whatsapp
- Read Time 5 minutes
Summary:- Whatsapp is a trendsetting messaging app recommended by many users and techies worldwide for safe communication. It works perfectly on Android, Windows, iOS, Symbian, and Blackberry OS. Most of the users globally must be using Whatsapp for exchanging texts, videos, documents, images, and other crucial data. But if you dont own a Smartphone and want to add your Excel files contacts into Whatsapp for better connectivity with your friends. This article will describe the step-by-step guide solution to import contacts from Excel to Whatsapp. Read this post and get the complete solution to import Excel file contacts to android phone.