Add Email Attachments On Iphone
In the Mail app , you can attach photos, videos, and documents to an email. You can also scan a paper document and send it as a PDF attachment, or draw directly in an email and send the drawing as an attachment. Depending on the file size, the attachment might appear inline with the text in the email or as at the end of the email.
How Do I Attach A Photo In The Iphone Gmail App
Im baffled. How do I attach a photo or document to an email I send from the Gmail app on my iPhone or other iOS device?
Im not surprised that you are finding it a bit, um, nuanced, to figure out how to attach something to an email message from the Gmail app on your iPhone: the process is surprisingly different from how it works in the Mail app on iOS8 . The difference stems from the fact that the Mail app is written by Apple and the Gmail app is from a third party. You know, those insider programming tricks.
In Mail you simply tap and hold on the spot in your email where you want the photo or attachment, then a menu pops up with copy, paste and, an arrow tap away, Insert Photo or Video. The Gmail process is quite different
To start, heres an email in Gmail
While I could respond to this query with the information, its more fun to actually send a photo of the ticket itself, right?
To do that, the logical step would be to tap and hold on the spot where the photo should be included:
Hey! Theres no tiny arrow on the end of that vertical menu, so no way to get to Insert Photo or Video.
Thats correct. In fact, you cant add a photo that way. Instead, tap Done
Now tap Cancel because you dont want to discard or save the draft, you want to keep typing!
At this point youll be back in the compose window:
Heres where you need an eagle eye.
Ahhh. theres that Attach a photo option!
Tap on it.
And mission accomplished!
Why Hyperlink An Image In Gmail
- If youve designed a call-to-action to drive traffic to your online shop
- You want your brand logo to link to your homepage
- You want to insert social media icons to link through to your social profiles
- Youve included article teasers and want to direct people to Read more on your blog
- You want your recipients to subscribe to your blog, with a Subscribe button linking to a pop-up form
Adding clickable images will give your email campaigns a much greater chance of achieving your sales and marketing goals. It can drive traffic to your website, readers to your blog, buyers to your online shop, and audiences to your social media, meaning that your emails stand a chance of converting passive recipients into active consumers of your brand.
Much more approachable than old-fashioned hyperlinks, clickable images will encourage your recipients to engage in your email campaigns, ultimately benefiting both you and your audience.
INSTALLS IN 30 SECONDS WORKS WITH CHROME, SAFARI AND FIREFOX
Read Also: Snapchat Best Friend Symbols
How To Send Pictures From Android Photo Gallery Via Gmail
Mobile phones have become smarter. The photos or the video that you take on to your Android mobile phone using camera can be easily shared, emailed or make it available to public easily within few clicks. Here in this guide we go through on how send the pictures from your Android mobile phone or the tablet via Gmail.
- Go to Gallery app from your Android mobile phone.
- Once you are onto the Gallery which contains all the photos, video and pictures that you have, you need to browse to the folder which contains the photos you wish to send.
- Now tap on the photos among the various photos to bring that particular photo in the front.
- Once you open that picture, you have various options on the top which are Set as, & Delete.
- Since you are sharing the photo via email you need to click on the option.
- Once you have clicked that it will ask for option to share your picture via the listed media. The sharing options available are via Bluetooth, Facebook, Gmail, eBook, Messaging, Picasa, Twitter and email.
- Click on Gmail and this will open the Gmail message body with from address automatically added as you have connected your Google Account with your phone. You just have to mention the receivers email, subject and description and once you are done click on Send from the Menu option.
- With sending one picture, you can attach others photos in the same email to send more photos. You can add CC or BCC too when you are in the composer mode.
Why Is My Email Not Allowing Me To Attach Files
The most typical cause for an attachment not being sent is that it is too large. These restrictions are imposed by whoever manages your email account, whether its through your ISP or through an internet service like Yahoo or GMail. You should check with your email service provider to find out how many attachments are allowed in each email.
Don’t Miss: Where To Share Gofundme
Use Google Drive To Send A Folder Via Gmail
Gmail may not support direct uploads of folders, but Google Drive does. As Google Drive, seamlessly integrates with Gmail, you can directly email a folder in Gmail using Google Drive. Below are the pros and cons of this method:
- You can send large folders up to 10GB using this method.
- All types of files inside the folder are acceptable, including executable files.
- The receiver can view and download the folder contents without decompressing them.
- The process requires an additional online service and some extra steps, making it a rather slow process.
- The receiver can only download the folder if it is saved in the Google Drive of the sender.
- Uploading and sending multiple folders is inconvenient.
One Image Can Change Us
A picture, a moment can change the way we feel. Change how we see ourselves. Change our understanding and change the rules. Provoke and change history.
MPB puts photo and video kit into more hands, more sustainably. Every month, visual storytellers sell more than 20,000 cameras and lenses to MPB. Choose used and get affordable access to kit that doesnt cost the earth.
Sell the kit youre not using to MPB. Trade in for the kit you need to create. Buy used, spend less and get more.
Don’t Miss: How To Delete All Promotions In Gmail On Ipad
Use Gmail To Send Photo Or Picture Via Email To Friends And Family
Written primarily for the beginner, this tip details how to use Gmail to send a photo or picture via email. Only images that are in digital form can be sent through email pictures taken from your digital camera are already so and the ones lying in your photo album need to be scanned.
Once in digital form, copy them to a directory on your computers hard disk. If you dont have a scanner, take the services of the nearest desktop publishing center.
Put All The Images Into A Single File
If you have more than 5 or 6 photos to send, its going to be much easier to send them as a single archived file .
To create file archives, were using 7-Zip as its free and high performance, however there are many options available here.
After installing, simply select all of the files you want to add, right-click on the group and Add to archive.. . It will create a single .zip file with all of your photos in it.
On Macs, selected the files then Control-click and select Create Archive. For Chromebooks, see here.
If you have previously resized the images, you may have two copies of each photo , so check that youre only selecting the smaller versions when creating the archives.
Read Also: How To Save Contacts To Gmail On Iphone
How Do I Put A Picture Into The Body Of An Email
As you can see, each is just a little different, and other mail programs may well be even more different.
Another approach that works in many email programs is to copy/paste the image into your email. The process works like this:
- Open the image you want to use in an image editor or viewer like Microsoft Paint.
- Use that editors Select All function to select the entire image. In many programs, typing CTRL+A will do this.
- Use that editors Edit, Copy command to copy the image to the clipboard or type CTRL+C.
- Switch to your email program, where you are composing a new email. Click in the body of the email and type CTRL+V or use the programs Edit, Paste function.
- If your email program supports it, the picture should appear in the body of the email.
- Put your image on a photo sharing website
- Pull in that image with some simple HTML in your email.
How To Send A Zip File In Gmail
2. Find the files or folder you want to zip together to send and select them.
3. You can do this on a PC by right-clicking on the file or folder and select “Send to” and then “Compressed folder” from the dropdown menu. Rename the file if you wish.
4. On a Mac, right-click on the folder or file and select “Compress” from the dropdown menu.
5. Open Gmail and log into your account.
6. Type the email you want to attach your zip file to. At the bottom of the email, click the paperclip button to attach a file.
7. Locate the zip file you just made and select it, then click “Open” to attach the file.
8. Click “Send” to send the email.
Don’t Miss: What Happens If You Clear Data On Snapchat
How To Email Pictures Using Google Drive
If you want to use Google drive, you need to set up Google drive and you need to know some details about Google Drive. For that,
After reading the above articles, you will get a good idea about Google drive. You can share photos directly from Google drive. You can also copy the photo URL from Google drive and paste in the Gmail message field. Or you can also use the Insert from Google drive option given in Gmail compose box shows that in below screenshot.
Now you will see your Google drive window shows that in the below screenshot.
Select the image. Just click on the Insert button. If you had selected Drive link option in the bottom right, your image will be inserted as a link. If you had selected the Attachment option, your image will be inserted as an attachment file.
Why Cant I Upload A File To Google Drive
It is possible that you will need to restart the upload, and the best way to do so is to restart the Google Drive application. On an Android device, navigate to Settings -> Applications & notifications -> See all apps to accomplish this. Locate Drive in the list and press Force Stop before attempting to upload again.
Also Check: How To Change Your Twitter Name On Iphone
Compose A New Email In Gmail To Attach The Photo Or Picture
Log in to your Gmail account and make sure you are using the Newer Gmail version. By the way, you can also use the older version of Gmail for photos and pictures sending, but the instructions and snapshots on this page have been work off the standard new version. To know learn how to switch from one version to another, please refer the article on the two Gmail versions.
Click on the Compose Mail link located under the logo refer the image.
You will now be displayed a screen similar to one below start creating the email message by first typing the recipients email address in the To: field and then the email subject. And while you are at it, you can type in your email message too. The photo can be attached at a later stage there is no problem.
The Easy Way To Hyperlink An Image
Heres how you can easily make an image a link:
1. Place the image into your Gmail email as you normally would.
2. Then select the image. You can do this by clicking and holding to the right of it, then dragging the cursor left until the image turns blue. When the image is blue, this indicates it has been selected. Do not merely click on the image to select it.That wont work. You have to drag your mouse across it to select it.
Dragging the cursor left to highlight the image.
3. Click the link icon at the bottom of the Compose window. A small window will appear under the image showing you the option to change or remove the link.
Selecting the web link you want for this image.
4. Enter the web address to which you want the image to link.
Entering the web address.
5. Then click the OK button.
Its a must to confirm that you have linked the image to where you intended it to link. This is important because its easy to create a new link rather than link the image, because sometimes the image looks like its selected when its not. To confirm that youve linked the image correctly, just click on the image, and then the URL will show with the change option. You should see the web address to which you want the image to link displayed under the image after the words Go to link. If it is incorrect, simply repeat the steps above, making sure you have definitely selected the image this time.
Checking that the link is correct by clicking on the image.
How To Send A Picture From The Web Or Google Photos In Gmail
Alternatively, you can use an image you found on the web or upload one from your computer:
Position the text cursor where you want the image to appear.
Select the Insert Photo icon in the formatting toolbar.
Select Inline next to Insert images to have the pictures appear inside the email.
Choose As attachment to send the photo as an attachment.
To upload an image from your computer, select Upload > Choose photos to upload and open the desired graphic.
Images you upload from your computer remain available in the Insert image dialog box while you compose the message .
To insert a picture from Google Photos, go to the tab and select the image you want to include.
In the Albums tab, photos are organized the same way as in your Google Photos albums.
To use an image found on the web, go to the Web Address tab and enter the image’s URL next to Paste an image URL here.
Images from the web appear inline with the message. These images are never sent as attachments. Any recipient who has remote images blocked won’t see the image.
If You Want To Add A Particular File
1. The first thing you need to do is search for the location where you file exist.
2. Once you got the file, a long press on it and you will get the option something like to share files .
3. Choose Gmail and other email mode within which you want to attach files and click OK.
4. Now you will get the compose form with the file attached just fill the rest of details and click on send attachments.
You May Like: What Do The Signs Mean On Snapchat
How To Insert Hyperlinks In Images In Gmail
Marshall is a writer with experience in the data storage industry. He worked at Synology, and most recently as CMO and technical staff writer at StorageReview. He’s currently an API/Software Technical Writer based in Tokyo, Japan, runs VGKAMI and ITEnterpriser, and spends what little free time he has learning Japanese. Read more…
Adding hyperlinks is an efficient way of getting your reader to the intended web page. Though its no secret that you can add hyperlinks to text, Gmail also lets you add hyperlinks to images in the body of the email. Heres how to make it happen.
Android Apps To Attach File In Gmail
With the help of this app youll be able to send your friends and family anything, be it a music file , an official document or an Android application, youll be able to select any file from an inbuilt file manager and attach it to your email. You can even attach multiple files to a single email.
Another cool application that can help you attach any kinds of file on Gmail from SD Card. This app empower you to save any kinds of GMail attachments to SD Card.
With Gmail Attachment Manager, it is possible to upload any file as an attachment to your mail . This app will act as a plugin in your e-mail application in order to make it possible to upload any file as an attachment.
Also Check: Gray Box On Snapchat