How To Send A Direct Message From The Twitter Mobile App
On a handheld device like an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone, use the Twitter app to send and receive Direct Messages.
To start, launch the Twitter app on your phone. In the app, from the bar at the bottom, tap the Messages option.
On the messages screen, from the bottom-right corner, select New Message .
A New Message page will open. Here, tap the Search for People and Groups field and type the name or Twitter username of the user who you want to DM. Then, tap that user in the list.
You can add up to 50 people in a group DM.
Once youve selected people in the list, then, from the top-right corner of the New Message page, select Next.
A message page with the selected user will open. At the bottom of this page, tap Start a Message and type your message. Then, next to this message field, tap the paper airplane icon to send your message.
To attach a photo or video to your message, tap the Media icon beside the message field. To add a GIF, tap the GIF option.
And Twitter will send your finely crafted Direct Message to the selected user. Enjoy messaging!
Twitter comes with several features, many of which you might not have explored yet, like pinning tweets to your profile page.
Twitter Rolled Out The Ability To Send Voice Messages In Twitter Dms A Few Months Ago
Twitter allows users to send a voice message up to 140 seconds
- Users in India can use the feature on their mobile app
- The feature is not available for desktop users
- Twitter rolled it out to users in Brazil and Japan as well
witter is a popular social media platform for important conversations and announcements. Most businesses and people use Twitter to make announcements and share life updates, using its microblogging format. While Twitter lets you have open conversation threads through tweets, it also offers a direct message feature to connect with people more privately. Twitter DMs are often used to connect with business colleagues, share sly memes with friends, or just have private chats. Recently, Twitter introduced the ability to send voice messages in DMs as well.
Announced over a month ago, Twitter rolled out the ability to send and receive voice messages in DMs. This feature was initially introduced in few markets, India being one of them.
Learn Steps For How To Send A Direct Message On Twitter Iphone
- Step 1: Launch Twitter app on iPhone
- Step 2: Then tap on Messages tab from beneath screens. Next, from the top right corner Tap on the New message icon.
Send a New Message under Envalop icon from the bottom tab
- Step 4: Then, Select recipients name by tap on the name, . You can choose any number of recipients at once. Finally, Tap on Done.
Select Twitter Profile and Sent Direct Message to Group on iPhone Twitter app
- Step 5: Now, Type the text message in a text box that you want to be Sent to All Recipients.
Direct Message sent to Twitter iPhone app
- Thats it.
Recommended Reading: How To Link 2 Instagram Accounts
Twitter Mass Direct Message Sender
Tweek social allows you to automate the process of sending direct messages to your followers. You can send welcome DM, DM to a twitter list and DM to all your Followers.
You can schedule twitter auto direct message that will be sent to all your twitter followers within some time frame. Send Dm to all twitter followers.
Twitter Dms For Customer Support
The Sprout Social Index, Edition XVII: Accelerate found that social media is consumers preferred channel of choice for customer service inquiries and sharing feedback about a product or service. So its important that your brand or business knows how to handle customer service requests on all social media platforms.
Often, a Twitter user might tag or mention your account with an issue or message you directly. When they mention your brand in a public tweet, we recommend acknowledging that tweet publicly with a quick message asking the user to send you a DM. Along with prompting a follow-up message from that customer, this makes it clear to other followers that youre addressing this issue privately and not ignoring the Tweet. Once in the DM, you can ask them for more information that will help resolve their issue.
Hey, Marji! We’re happy to help. Can you shoot us a DM with the email associated with your account so we can escalate this with our team?
In some cases, a follower might be asking a question that you think could be beneficial to your entire timeline, and responding to that Tweet publicly can also potentially answer that question for other followers.
Hello, please use this link for steps to troubleshoot a blank screen appearing while using your Xbox One console.
After the customer service interaction is over, you can send a follow-up DM to gather feedback on the customers experience.
Don’t Miss: Can You Mute Someone On Instagram
How To Create Your Own Auto Direct Message Twitter Bot For Free
Creating a welcome message for your new followers in Twitter is the first step to getting more people to engage with your tweets and links. As you might know, there are many online services that help you send auto direct messages to your new followers. But I think its crazy how online services charge between $5 to $15 for a simple tool that creates bots, when you can build your own for free.
In this article, I will introduce my own Twitter bot that I built to send a welcome message to my new followers on Twitter. Ill also show you how it has worked very well for me for six months.
This article consists of two sections. In the first section, I describe step-by-step how the script works and how you can easily contribute with other Twitter bot services. The second section is the step-by-step tutorial that tells you how to deploy and use the bot without even needing to know Node.js.
How To Check If Your Direct Message Has Been Read On Twitter
Yes, now you can also know if someone has seen your messages, Twitter got a feature for that too.
Lets see how we are going to use this feature, there are two ways to enable it:
- From Settings and Privacy
- From Message Settings
Now, just go to one of your conversations. Tap your message bubble. If the person has seen your message, it will say Seen with a checkmark.
If you enable the feature but still cant see it, maybe the other person hasnt seen your message yet or didnt enable the Show read receipts feature.
You May Like: Gmail App Archive
Schedule It In Socialbu
SocialBu offers scheduling tweets as well as Twitter threads. You can also schedule this Send us a private message button as well using it. To do so, sign up at Socialbu.com for free, and follow the steps to schedule tweets with or without a private message button.
1. To do this, go to the Publish tab and select the Schedule option.
2. Select your Twitter account and type your tweet as you normally do.
3. At the end of your tweet, add the link mentioned above with your numeric id.
4. Then schedule the tweet for your desired date and time or post it immediately.
Thats it. Dont stop here. Use SocialBu for scheduling your social media posts across different platforms at once.
Why You Need A Dm Button
Being a trendsetter and a trend changer, Twitter can be effectively used as a business marketing platform. Customers can also interact with you using it.
So, when a customer read your tweets regarding your business, they might want to contact you. But some people find it an extra chore to visit your profile and reach you in the DMs. To facilitate customers, Twitter allows adding a direct message button in tweets. This makes communication easier for customers, and they can contact you directly from your tweets.
Considering its importance, you may want to add it in your tweet as well. Its quite simple and easy. Just follow the steps given below.
Don’t Miss: Blolook Alternative
How To Mute From A Direct Message Conversation
Step 1Navigate to the Direct Message you’d like to mute.
Step 2Click or tap into the message settings. Find the more icon or overflow icon via Twitter.com or on iPhone/Android.
Step 3From the pop-up menu, select the mute time interval you’d like: 1 hour, 8 hours, 1 week, or Forever.
Step 4To unmute, click or tap the more icon or overflow icon, then click or tap Unmute notifications.
To Send A Direct Message From Twitter For Ios
To delete a Direct Message or conversation:
- To delete a Direct Message, tap and hold the message and select Delete message from the menu that pops up.
- To delete an entire conversation from your inbox, swipe left on the conversation and tap the trash can icon You can also delete an entire conversation by tapping the information icon and selecting Delete conversation from the Conversation info page.
- When you delete a Direct Message or conversation , it is deleted from your account only. Others in the conversation will still be able to see Direct Messages or conversations that you have deleted.
To manage a group conversation:
Also Check: How To Turn On Less Secure Apps In Gmail
Where Does A Dm Show Up
A Twitter DM isn’t the same thing as a tweet therefore, it doesn’t appear in any public timeline that everyone can see. It only appears on the private Messages pages of the DM sender and receiver. In other words, DMs are analogous to the private messages that users exchange. DMs are threaded, so you can see the back-and-forth dialogue you had with someone using Twitter’s DM system.
How To Send Twitter Voice Messages
You can send Twitter voice messages to the contacts in your Twitter DM. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Your Twitter voice DM can be up to 140 seconds long and if youre on the iOS app hold the voice icon and swipe up, you can send it to other contacts too. Overall, the Twitter voice messaging feature works similarly to the voice messages on other apps like WhatsApp and Instagram.
Users in India are now receiving the feature. If you didnt get the voice messaging feature on Twitter yet, dont worry. The company is rolling it out in phases, and it is coming to both Android and iOS. Just keep your Twitter app updated, and youll eventually get voice DM on your Twitter app.
Back in June 2020, Twitter announced voice tweets, which meant you could record a tweet instead of typing one. Voice DM is an extension of that feature, and it basically lets you send voice tweets directly to your contacts.
Read Also: How Many Characters Is Twitter
Send Direct Message From Twitter Profile: One To One Message
This is the Quick Method to send direct message from your Friends Conversation than Eighter following you or not following you. That depends on the Account settings. You can send DM because you will not see Envalop icon if set restrictions from account settings.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
- Step 1: Open the Twitter app on the iPhone.
- Step 2: Next, Tap on Twitter Profile to Open Twitter account.
Open the Twitter app and Find Twitter Profile for you want send DM
- Step 3: Now, Tap on the Envalop icon next to the Twitter profile name.
Tap on Envalop icon next to a Twitter profile name
- Step 4: Then, Type Message and Sent.
Direct Message sent to none-Follower on iPhone Twitter app
- Step 5: Thats it.
In addition to text, you can send animated GIF pictures, emoji and Picture from camera roll.
Send direct message on Twitter iPhone, iPad app is really awesome for business ethics. That will meet or communicate with unknown business profiles from the whole world.
How To Direct Message On Twitter
Tip: If youd wish to start a new line of text, hold down the Shift key and hit on the Enter key. If you just hit on the Enter key alone, your message will get sent when still incomplete.
- Delete a direct message: If you are sure to delete a direct message, click on the message, and then click on the Delete.
- Opt-out of a conversation: Locate the conversation that you want to leave and then click to open it. After that, click on the Information icon and click on the Leave a conversation. And thats it.
Note: Deleting a chat or message will only delete the messages on your account without interfering with the messages in other participants chats. Also, other participants in the group will still be able to see the conversation.
- Deleted a message: To remove your Direct Message, tap and hold for a while for a pop-up menu to appear. From the menu, tap on the Delete the message.
- Delete a conversation: If youd wish to delete the entire conversation, tap and hold on the screen until a pop-up menu appears. From the menu, tap on the Delete conversation option. By doing that, the entire conversation will get deleted from your device, but other participants will still be able to view it.
Don’t Miss: Can You Mute Someone On Instagram
Some Important Things To Know About Direct Messages
- When you delete a Direct Message or conversation , it is deleted from your account only. Others in the conversation will still be able to see Direct Messages or conversations that you have deleted. When you delete a group conversation, you will leave that group and will no longer be able to participate.
- When you share a link in a Direct Message, it is automatically processed and shortened to a t.co link. Learn more about link shortening. Please note that anyone with a t.co shortened link will be able to navigate to the destination URL.
- When you share media in a Direct Message, it will be viewable by everyone in the conversation. Please note that recipients may download or re-share links to media that you share in a Direct Message. Anyone with the link to media shared in a Direct Message will be able to view the content.
How Do You Know If Your Direct Message Has Been Received
Twitter has a great little feature called Read receipts that works the same way as it does in Facebook messenger or iMessage. This feature allows you to see when the person youve sent a DM to has read your message.
Just go to your Twitter Messages Inbox and tap once on the message bubble in the conversation. The word “Seen” will appear just below and to the left of the checkmark , if the recipient has indeed seen the message.
Also Check: How To Retrieve Archived Gmail
Moving From A Public Tweet To A Private Conversation
When interacting with a customer on Twitter, you might want to take the conversation from the public timeline to a private Direct Message.
To make this transition easier, you can include a specially-formatted link in a Tweet, and we will automatically transform that link into a simple call-to-action that guides users straight into composing a new Direct Message to you, with the public Tweet visible for context.
How does it work?
Using this feature is easy, but requires that your account settings are set to âReceive Direct Messages from Anyoneâ . You also need to include a link in your Tweet using the following format:
Locate your User ID here.
Thatâs it! When you post the Tweet with that URL, the “Send a private message” call-to-action will appear in supported clients. Other clients will just see a deep link that is fully-functional.
Are there other parameters that I can use in these deep links besides specifying recipient?
You can add a parameter & text= to the end of the URL, and replace with the URL encoded text youâd like to pre-populate in the userâs compose box.
For example, if you need a specific piece of information from the user, you could have that label appear in the userâs compose box for additional context .
Are there other ways to use this feature without pasting a link each time?
How does this feature impact the character count in my Tweets?
Does the deep link for a Direct Message work outside of Twitter?