How To Show All Archived Messages In Gmail
Short answer. Try -in:inbox for archived messages. Try in:anywhere -in:inbox for messages archived, in Spam and in Trash. Explanation. In the Gmail Help lingo context, archive a message means removing it from Inbox, without asigning any label, but in a broadsense archived messages could means messages that moved from the Inbox to some place where it could be found later.
Recover Deleted Emails Via The Bin
If you also need to restore a few deleted emails, they might still be in Gmails bin. However, as previously mentioned, deleted emails only remain there for one month. You can open a list of erased emails by clicking More and Bin on the left of the Gmail page. That will open a list of deleted messages as shown in the snapshot directly below.
Now you can restore erased emails listed there by selecting their check boxes. Then right-click an email there and select Move to Inbox. The messages will then be in your inbox once more.
You can also restore deleted emails by entering in:trash in Gmails search bar. That search operator will list erased emails when you press the magnifying glass button. Then you can select deleted emails and restore them in your inbox.
How Do I Unarchive Gmail
How to unarchive Gmail messages on a mobile device
Don’t Miss: How Do You Know If Your Blocked On Whatsapp
Use The All Mail Label
Step 1. Go to the menu on the left and click More.
Step 2. Select the All Mail label.
Youll now see a list of all your emails, including archived emails. If you archived something a while ago, it may be difficult to spot in this long list. You could end up scrolling for an eternity. Thus, you may find the next method more useful
Move Archived Emails To Gmail Inbox Using Web Browser Or Mobile App
- Open your Gmail account in a web browser/mobile app.
- From the navigation menu at the left, select More to get a list of additional options.
- Select All Mail.
- Select emails you want to unarchive or move to Inbox and then click Move to Inbox from the toolbar above your emails.
- On the bottom-left of the screen, a confirmation notification appears saying that emails have been moved to the Inbox.
Also Check: How Do I Set My Default Gmail Account
Using The ‘all Mail’ Folder
1. Hover your cursor over the left edge of the Gmail window. A sidebar will expand.
2. Click All mail from within that sidebar. If you don’t see that, click More and then scroll down to All mail.
3. Any archived messages, as well as other non-deleted emails, will appear there.
Quick tip: If you aren’t seeing the sidebar expand, click the three-line icon, located in the top-left corner of the screen.
Manual Approach To Retrieve Archived Emails In Gmail
The steps below will tell you how to retrieve archived emails in Gmail using a manual approach.
- Open a web browser in your system and type gmail.com in the address bar
- Enter your credentials and then press Login
- As soon as the Gmail is opened, go to the navigation panel on the left
- In the navigation panel, click on the More button to show an additional label
- Now, click on the All Mail button
- Locate the archived messages from all the mails given. The archived messages are the one that doesnt have a label mentioned Inbox
- Click on the archived mail and then open it. Now on the toolbar, click on the Move to Inbox button to move the archived emails back to the Inbox
- A confirmation comes up on the lower right side showing that the conversation has been moved back to Inbox. You can also Undo it at the moment
Also Check: New Snapchat Symbols
How Do I Delete Archived Gmail Messages On Android
Choose your archive or delete settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings General settings Gmail default action.
- Tap Archive or Delete.
- Scroll down to the Action confirmations section and choose if you want confirmation before archiving or deleting messages.
How Do I Find And Retrieve Archived Emails In The Gmail App
Just like on the desktop Gmail website, there is no Archived label in the app where you can find all your archived messages. Instead, to search for an archived email in your Gmail app:
1. Enter recipient name, keywords or subject lines into the Gmail search bar.
2. Click on the hamburger menu to scroll through labels to find the All Mail label.
To retrieve the archived message, open the email and tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen. Tap Move to inbox, and your message will be instantly sent back to your inbox and the Archive label removed.
INSTALLS IN 30 SECONDS WORKS WITH CHROME, SAFARI AND FIREFOX
Also Check: What Does The Red Square Mean On Snapchat
How Do I Retrieve A Message I Accidentally Archived In Gmail
I was trying to mark an email as “Important” in Gmail and accidentally archived it.
Now I cannot locate it, since there is no “archive” label anywhere.
How do I get it back?
- 5Checking mail on my phone I have archived mails that I didn’t even notice. I have no idea how to search for them. The Archived mail should be labeled with an Archive label so I could always go look at those specific emails and deal with them which could include restoring them or deleting them. Otherwise the Archive label is just a “loose” label and should not exist. Ridiculous that you can store something in a database “somewhere” and have no way to find it. I do know that one of the 2-3 emails I archived by accident was important but I have no idea what it was. user31856Jan 13 ’13 at 18:58
- 7Over 120k views of this question! Seems like Gmail could use a “recent changes” feature . That would allow one to locate messages in such cases. Archiving an “old” message leads to trouble since it won’t appear at the top of the All Mail list. However, it would appear at the top of a “recent changes” list.Mar 1 ’13 at 16:00
- For me searching for “in:archived” or just visiting:
Click on All Mail on the left. When you see the message, open it, and choose the Move to Inbox option to “un-archive” it.
Alternatively, you can use the search feature to locate the message .
has:nouserlabels -in:Sent -in:Chat -in:Draft -in:Inbox
How To Move Archived Messages Back To Your Inbox In Gmail Through Android
Step 1: Open the Gmail app on your Android device.
Step 2: Then tap on the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
Step 3: Scroll down until you find the “All email” tab. Tap to open.
Step 4: Now scroll or search for the message you wish to move back to your inbox. Tap to open once you’ve located it.
Step 5: Tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
Step 6: Finally, tap on Move to Inbox.
Read Also: How To Share Tiktoks On Instagram
Using The All Mail Folder
If you are just looking through your inbox, youll quickly notice that no archived emails appear there. Thats because, by default, they are hidden by Google. What you need to do to see archived emails is go into the All Mail folder.
To do this:
- Bring your cursor to the icons in the top left of the Gmail application screen.
- When your cursor hovers over this area, the side menu will expand.
- With the side menu expanded, scroll down until you find the All Mail folder.
If you are archiving dozens to hundreds of emails a day, this method wont be ideal for you. Having to manually archive every important email will be both tedious and time-intensive. To avoid having to sift through hundreds of messages, use the following method instead.
If Youre Using The Gmail Iphone App
Although not many people use Gmail on their iPhone, the Google email app is available for download in the Apple App Store. To find archived emails in the Gmail app on your iPhone, proceed as follows:
Step 1: Open the Gmail app as usual.
As on other devices, the All Mail label is essentially an archive folder on the iPhone.
Google Workspace with IONOS
Working together just got easier! Configure Gmail for your domain and benefit from the familiar Google tools all in one place.
Also Check: How To Extend Song On Instagram Story
What Are Archived Emails
Older email software, most notably Microsoft Outlook, organize messages into folders. The problem with this approach is that one message can belong only to one folder. Lets say you want to place all work-related emails into a folder called Work, but you also want to organize your emails based on their importance.
With a folder-based email organization system, you can either place a message into a folder called Work or into a folder called Important, but the message cant be in both folders at the same time. To overcome the limitations of folder-based email organization systems, Gmail uses a label-based system.
Essentially, Gmail lets you attach as many labels to messages as you want. You can easily tell Gmail to display all emails with a certain label or labels, which is how labels make inbox management much easier.
How To Find Archived Emails In Gmail On Android
The Android version of the Gmail app gives you two options for finding and viewing archived Gmail emails.
Keep in mind that the Gmail app on Android lists emails by date, with the newest emails displayed first. If you’re looking for a Gmail archived mail from a long time ago, you might have to do quite a lot of scrolling down to find it.
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to display only archived emails and nothing else.
Read Also: See A Private Twitter
Navigate The Gmail Dashboard
To get to your archived messages, first locate the “All Mail” folder. On a desktop computer, the “All Mail” folder is on the left side of the dashboard. If the “All Mail” icon isn’t immediately visible, click on the “More” tab near the bottom of the menu to reveal more options. When you see the “All Mail” label, click on it to view all your Gmail messages, including the archived ones and those in the trash. Archived emails are not in your inbox but still stored within your Gmail account.
If you’re using the Gmail app, scroll down the main menu until you find the “All Mail” tab, and click on it.
Find Your Archived Emails Easily
When it comes to finding your archived emails, there are definitely easy ways to find them. Aside from permanent deletion, archiving allows you a convenient middle ground. Knowing this, you shouldnt have to worry about losing emails that you would generally prefer to keep out of sight for a while.
Besides archiving, there are plenty of other features on Gmail that you can use to organize your email experience. From using labels, categories, and auto-filters, you can make your Gmail do the hard work of keeping the right emails easier to find or out of your sight.
You May Like: Twitter Adding Photos
Archive Your Gmail Emails With Ease
You can archive the emails that you do not want to see in your inbox for now by simply selecting them and then clicking on archive button as shown in below screenshot.
You can also use search bar to archive specific emails (for e.g if I want to archive all emails which I got from AppSheet, I can use a filter like following and then select to archive these emails.
However, there might be scenarios where you do not want some specific emails to appear in your Inbox, rather should be archived straight away.
1. I can put my criteria in Gmail filter to search for emails that I want to be automatically archived .
As shown in the screenshot below, you should :1. Select the Inbox .2. Also select Also apply filter to xx matching conversations to archive existing emails that match my criteria.3. Create a filter Now all my future emails that match this criteria would be archived automatically without a need for me to manually select and archive them.
Gmail Email Archiving Functionality
Email archiving functionality in Gmail is indeed very thoughtful work by Google, it would be helpful to understand how does gmail archive folder work so you can easily use it for your advantage.
I am sure you would like to keep your Gmail inbox as clean as possible, but we all get hundreds of email now a days, you can of course delete the emails that are of no value to you, but what about emails that are not relevant today, but might be in the future?
Thats where you can use Gmails email archiving functionality, as soon as you archive an email, it disappears from your Inbox and goes to All Mail label. It helps keeping our Inbox clean without losing or deleting the email that we might need in the future.
Recommended Reading: Recruiter Lite Cost
Auto Archive Emails In Gmail
Gmail doesnt have a direct way to auto archive emails however you can use filters to do the trick. The setup will take a few moments but once it is done, you will feel so much lighter at the end of the day and never miss that important email. After all, you dont need to deal with all those emails and some of them like receipts and notifications can be left unread even.
How To Find Archived Mail In Gmail
Archiving messages in your Gmail email client enables you to keep important business emails without them showing up in your Inbox. Once you archive an email however, it’s not very obvious where the message moves to, which can be problematic when you need to find an archived message. Google does not store archived messages in their own separate folder, but rather moves them to a label that is normally used for displaying all messages in your email account.
Locate the archived message among all the emails displayed. Google displays all the messages in the order received, and your archived message will not have the “Inbox” label applied to it.
You May Like: Retrieving Archived Emails In Gmail
How Do I Get Archived Emails In Gmail Back To My Inbox Folder
Follow the step-by-step process for recovering all archived emails in the Gmail app.
Now, lets find out how can you archive the entire Gmail mailbox with attachments with the automated solution.
Please Pay Attention Use BitRecover Software to Save Your Time & EffortsIf you think your data is safe in the Cloud, then my friend you are wrong. Everyday cases of a data breach, hacking makes headlines in the newspaper. So, if you dont want to land in any of such situations use Gmail Backup Tool. It is the easiest solution for taking the complete backup of Gmail mailboxes in other file formats. The tool is direct and easy-to-use to archive Gmail account emails with attachments. It maintains all the attributes, properties, and data integrity during the archive process.
How To Recover Archived Email With Gmail Website
By the way, you can also learn how to recover Gmail password here.
Also Check: How To See Protected Tweets Without Following