Filtering Through It All
While overwhelming at first, Snapchats options for filter customization and creation can be both fun and useful. From simple tweaks to existing filters, to 100% custom designs for promotion, the possibilities are nearly endless.
Have any tips, tricks or questions related to customizing and creating Snapchat filters? Let us know in the comment section below!
How To Create A Filter In The App
When Snapchat initially came out with geofilters, the only option to create was through a desktop computer. Now it’s easier than ever to design your personal wedding geofilter straight from your phone through the Snapchat app. Here’s how.
Make Your Own Snapchat Geofilter
The introduction of On-demand Geofilters by Snapchat gives you the freedom to create your own filter and set it to a time, date and location that suits you. You can create a filter as an individual to celebrate a wedding, christening, birthday or whatever. You can also create a filter as a business to promote an opening, special event or anything you like.
There is an option for On-Demand Geofilters within the Snapchat settings menu, but once selected the app prompts you to open Snapchat.com in your browser, rendering the in-app option basically useless Nevertheless, the steps to creating your own Snapchat Geofilter are as follows:
Don’t Miss: How To See Inactive Instagram Followers
How To Make A Custom Snapchat Filter
If youre interested in creating a filter, you have a few options:
For the purposes of this guide, we’re going to explain option No. 2: How to design and purchase a Snapchat filter for an event.
How Snapchat Geofilters Work
Image via Flickr by AdamPrzezdziek
If youre a regular on Snapchat, you know that filters add fun design features and plenty of personality to your snaps. Think of Geofilters as next-level filters, since their cool graphic elements are only available during specific timeframes and in certain geographic areas.
While Snapchat Geofilters give event attendees with myriad opportunities for fun, they also give event planners a chance to boost visibility. Not only will promoting your festival or conference on Snapchat help get the word out, but using a Geofilter can also attract more attendees during the event itself.
Read Also: Linkedin Recruiter Lite Price 2021
Choose A Theme Design And Customize It
Select a theme from the What’s the Occasion? tab followed by a theme design. The theme design will load as a preview. You can tap the X in the top left to go back and preview other designs.
Try tapping on different elements of the design in the previewer, such as the text, to pull up some editing options. You can also tap and hold your finger down on elements to drag and drop them to different areas, or pinch your index and thumb finger on them to expand and contract their size.
Tap on the T icon in the top right to add your own text or the sticker icon to add emojis.
When you’re happy with your filter design, tap the green checkmark button in the bottom right.
How Much Is A Snapchat Business Filter
Snapchat Geofilters are fairly inexpensive yet provide a lot of value. The average cost of a geofilter over 22,000 square feet can run from $5 to $20.
Snapchat charges per geofilter. For $5, you get about 8 hours for an event in a major city. For $30, you get up to 25 hours for an event and about 81,000 square feet.
There are a few factors that influence pricing. First, where you want to establish your geofilter will affect the price some cities and areas cost more than other geolocations. Second, how big of an area you want to target and how long you want the geofilter to be available will bump the price up.
Don’t Miss: How Do You Add A Promotion On Linkedin
What Is A Snapchat Event Filter
Snapchat enables you to add overlays to the photos you send. These filters can also be tied to a geographical location, making them geofilters. You can create your own geofilters to promote your event, but the cost can vary.
Here are some of the different geofilters youll come across:
- Community geofilters are free, cover local areas, and are used by regular users.
- On-demand geofilters are cheap, cover a small area, and are used by small businesses.
- Sponsored geofilters are expensive, cover large areas, and are used by big businesses.
Customize Your Design To Reflect Your Taste Or A Brands Identity
Canva allows you to customize your designs in hundreds of ways and this makes it easy for you to add your own personal style. Youll be amazed at how many design possibilities are literally at your fingertips thanks to an amazing library of free graphics, stickers and shapes.
With Canva you also have over a hundred free fonts to choose from. Use our text tools to make amazing typography easily. Use any of our pre-made font pairings or why not create own? Need some help figuring out the dark wizardry of font combination? Check out our font pairing tool.
Read Also: Can I Merge My Instagram Accounts
How To Make A Snapchat Filter:
- Step #1: Go to Snapchats Create page and choose what type you want to create. Aside from filters, you can also make your own custom lenses and bitmoji to accompany all of your online creations.
- Step #2: Once youve chosen a product , its time for the fun part: designing! There are filter designs available that you can build from, or you can create from scratch! You can also add text and change the font style, size, and color.
- Step #3: Upload elements to add to your filter. If youve got a logo or a photo you want to add to your filter, just upload it to Snapchats Create Filter interface. You can add photos youve created from editing apps like Instasize.
- Step #4: After youve finalized your filter design, go to Dates and select the date and time you want your filter to be available. You can even have it available for the long-term.
- Step #5: Click Next or Location. You can custom draw a fence around the area where you want your filter to be available for use. Location will determine how much your Snapchat filter will be.
- Step #6: If your design, date, time, and location is final, its time to hit Checkout.
Want to make a custom geofilter for a public place like parks and neighborhoods? Its just as easy, plus its free to create and submit!
How To Use Your Custom Snapchat Filter
Once you receive the email from Snapchat confirming your filter is live, you can start adding it to your snaps.
Youll find it among your filters when you open the app by swiping left and right. Make sure your Snapchat privacy settings are set to allow the app to access your location. Then youll be able to use yours and other peoples geofilters specific to your area.
Read Also: What Is Conversation View In Gmail
Submit A Custom Geofilter:
- Step #1: Visit the Snapchat home page and scroll down until you see the option Community Filters from there the website will ask you to upload a design you would have needed to create outside of the site. Some important things to note:
- Tip: You need to create a PNG file that is 1,080px wide by 1,920px tall with a transparent background that is under 300KB in file size.
- Step #2: Once youre done, draw a fence around where you want your filter to be applied then hit ‘Next’.
- Step #3: Type in your email, name, and the description of your filter then hit Submit.
You can even create and submit filters for moments, and if Snapchat approves, it could be available to Snapchat users around the world!
Snapchat is constantly thinking of new ways to keep us all hooked, even with very tough competition *cough* Instagram Stories *cough*. Do you have a big birthday or event coming up? How about a community center that you love? Get everyone back on the snap by creating a custom filter and make your location or event all the more creative, fun, and interesting.
Adobe Illustrator Or Photoshop
If you are seasoned in the Adobe suite or similar, you can always and save that to your computer.
Once saved to the computer, open one of them in Photoshop or Illustrator and make your changes. Again, just make sure it adds value to the photo you put it on and make sure it is less than 300kb. If it is over, try and resize it using this PNG optimizer and see if you can get it under 300kb.
Recommended Reading: Snapchat Can’t Access Camera
Are You Looking For Ways To Create Your Own Snapchat Filters Check Out These Easy Steps
Snapchat is one of the most happening multimedia messaging apps that we use. Users simply love clicking pictures and recording videos through Snapchat because of its interesting filters.
These filters can transform a normal image into something completely creative. These filters range from Normal Filters to Geofilters that are tied to a specific location.
Option #: Upload Your Own Filter Design
Before you do, make sure that your file:
- is saved as a PNG file format
- has a transparent background
- has dimensions of 2340px by 1080px and
- is under 300KB in size.
Don’t Miss: How Do You Mute Someone On Instagram
How To Make A Snapchat Filter For Your Wedding
Ready to learn how to make a wedding Snapchat filter? It doesn’t take a degree in graphic design to create your own wedding filterwe promise.
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Open your Snapchat app to the camera screen
2. Head to your profile by hitting the icon in the upper left corner of your screen
3. Once you’re in your profile, tap the settings icon in the upper right corner, then scroll down to tap “Filters & Lenses”
4. Tap “Get Started!” then “Filter”
5. Choose the type of event you want to customizeeither create a custom design from scratch or select one of Snapchat’s available templates
6. From there, your screen is your canvas: Deck out your filter with text, images, stickers, borders and more
7. Satisfied with your filter? Hit the checkmark icon and select the timeframe during which you want it to be active
8. Then, select where you want the filter to be available
9. You’re almost doneamazing. Now it’s time to name your wedding Snapchat filter, confirm the details and submit it for approval
10. Once submitted, Snapchat will let you know when it’s been approved and ask you to confirm payment
If you’d rather use your desktop to create your Snapchat filter, you can do that through the app’s website. That’s also the easiest place to upload a design if you’ve purchased one from an outside sourcemore on that next.
How To Make A Wedding Snapchat Filter Reflect Your Style
You’re taking the time to design this unique wedding Snapchat filter, so make sure it reflects both the style of your wedding and your personality as a couple. Incorporate your wedding colors and little touches that match your wedding decor or location. But our most important piece of advice, is to have fun with your wedding geofilter. This is your opportunity to flaunt your style and let your friends be a part of it, so get your filter ready to really match what you’re all about as a couple.
Are you always cracking jokes and making people laugh? Then maybe you want a funny reception design of your Bitmojis popping out of a wedding cake.? We say do it. Maybe you’re both a bit more reserved and like classic styling, instead. That might lead you toward an elegant floral motif for an engagement party or bridal shower filter. We think that sounds perfect for you. Whatever mood you’re going for and whatever you’re drawn to, don’t be shy. You’re paying to make this detail truly yoursso make sure your wedding Snapchat filter is everything you wanted.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Set My Default Gmail Account
Can I Collaborate On Projects With Others
Absolutely! VistaCreate offers thousands of design templates, including all major social media and advertising formats, printable materials, and event-related themes to advertise your business. With VistaCreate Pro, you can collaborate with colleagues to edit ready-made designs or seamlessly work on your unique creative projects.
How To Create Your Own Snapchat Geofilter
Director of Marketing – Author, Social Media & Digital Marketing Consultant
Did you snap it?, hold on, let me snap this, Snapchat that to me these are all common phrases youll hear today from savvy millennials who love to share photos of their every day lives. And we love them for it! Snapchat is a fun, quick way to share photos with your friends. The best part? Photos disappear after 24 hours unless you save them to your camera roll! This real time mentality allows for users to post more frequently and more enthusiastically. Its all about capturing the moment. But as retailers, where do we come in? After all, were hard at work behind the counters!
Well, dont worry, theres many things retailers can do to jump on the snapwagon one of them is to create your own Snapchat geofilter! Imagine a couple is shopping and taking snaps of all your gorgeous rings, what if there was a filter with your stores name on it that they could use!? Or perhaps, they have just purchased something, how about a selfie using YOUR branded filter!? Heres how to make it happen:
Step 1 Visit the Snapchat Geofilter Website and click on Create Your Own Geofilter
Step 2 Click on Business filters for events, restaurants and businesses. This will take you to the page where you will upload your artwork.
Step 6 SUBMIT and PAY! Once youve submitted your filter you will receive an e-mail letting you know that your filter is under review.
You May Like: Meaning Of Icons On Snapchat
Use This Unique Method Of Advertising On The Popular Social Media Platform
- Snapchat geofilters support business marketing efforts by identifying local users and potential customers.
- Local marketing is extremely important to brick and mortar businesses that can benefit from improved foot traffic.
- Follow the steps below to create your own Snapchat geofilter that can help support your local .
- This article is for entrepreneurs who want to leverage Snapchat geofilters to improve their local reach and drive new customers to their business.
Snapchat is known for its fun, creative and sometimes goofy filters that users can add to spice up their selfies and make shareable videos. Most of the filters you typically see are made by Snapchat and are universal to all users, but you may have noticed some that are specific to your location, whether it’s a city or other public space.
Businesses can also have their own filters, making Snapchat a great marketing tool to not only impress customers but also get them sharing your brand and place of business with their Snapchat followers. Fortunately, setting up a Snapchat Geofilter is easy and affordable.
What Is A Snapchat Filter
A Snapchat filter is an overlay for photographs that you can create and purchase to advertise your brand. Also called a Snapchat Geofilter, is essentially the tool in the app that allows businesses to create your very own custom Snapchat filters promoting your brand or message.
You can make filters available for lengths of time, as well as in specific locations. A Snapchat filter that targets a particular location is a Geofilter.
A Geofilter is a location-based overlay you can find by swiping right on your Snapchat photo, says HubSpot. Its a particularly useful tool for promoting your business A Geofilter can help you alert foot traffic to your businesss nearby proximity, and spread awareness to users both in and outside your chosen location.
Don’t Miss: How To Change Streak Emoji On Snapchat