If You Have A Twitter Account Change These Privacy Settings Now
Learn what settings you need to change to keep your data private.
Your Twitter account will tell advertisers what you search for, unless you change certain settings.
After the, you may have been spurred to action to by enabling two-factor authorization and use a strong and unique password. Such security measures will make it harder for hackers to get into your Twitter account, but there’s also a privacy side to Twitter’s settings — separate from security — that lets you control what information Twitter itself is allowed to share about you.
Twitter isn’t shy about sharing information with its business partners about you and your browsing habits. It passes on your data to help serve targeted ads on your feed, and it also collection information about you when you visit a site that has an embedded tweet or Twitter share button.
Get the CNET How To newsletter
If you care more about keeping your data private than you do about seeing ads in your feed that target your online habits and whereabouts, it’s easy to stop Twitter from sharing your information.
Why Do Twitter Accounts Get Locked
There are so many different ways that a person can get locked out of their Twitter account in fact, sometimes even the smallest infraction to their Terms of Service can be grounds for being locked out of your account.
There are, of course, varying degrees of severity, with the three most common being:
- Locked Account: Twitter will actively log your account off all devices, and is usually the most common. This is usually done when Twitter notices suspicious behavior around your account, like repeated logins with an incorrect password, or higher-than-normal account activity.
- Restricted/Limited Account: A slightly less severe restriction, limited accounts can still be accessed, but you wont be able to tweet, like, or reshare other tweets. This usually happens when Twitter suspects your account of sending out spam.
- Suspended Account: this pretty much means that youve been banned off Twitter. A suspension, however, can be appealed and is usually a punishment for accounts suspected of sharing fake news, spam, or harassment.
Again, there are so many ways for your account to be restricted, so its best to review , as well as their rules and regulations, to make sure that you violate nothing.
How To Make Twitter Account Private
Doesnt know- how to make your Twitter private or how to lock Twitter account. It is a simple thing. We have created a visual graphics to show all steps. and follow these steps:
What Are Protected Tweets
Anyone and everyone may read your tweets, retweet them, react to them, tag pictures, and do all of the other fun things.
However, if your account is locked, your tweets and other activity are also secured.
No one else will be able to see your tweets unless you approve them.
This privacy settings however prevents any followers from copy-pasting your tweet elsewhere.
Protected Tweets allow Twitter users to control their sensitive information, just like a private account on Facebook can keep your social media posts updates hidden from everyone except your friends.
The private Twitter account also protects them from an ongoing violent situation.
Tips For Staying Safe And Secure On Twitter
Twitter is great for interacting with niche audiences and specific fandoms, but it’s also full of abuse and harassment. Here’s how to protect yourself while tweeting.
Twitter allows users to connect with anyone in the world, but it has also become a dangerous place filled with harassment and abuse. People have been targeted by coordinated harassment campaigns that can involve anything from threats and spamming to account hacks and worse. Twitter has been criticized for not acting fast enough to remove harassers from its platform, and in many cases, allowing abuse to flourish.
In recent months, Twitter has started testing many new features to change the way people interact on the platform. Some, like stopping people from sharing an article they have not read, may be helpful. Others, like the ability to or send voice tweets, promise to introduce new issues instead of solving the current ones.
When it comes to staying safe on Twitter, it’s important to note that social media companies thrive on conflict. While there are ways to secure your account, you can’t completely protect yourself from all forms of abuse. This week’s hack of , however, came from inside the house, according to reports, and there was nothing anyone could do to prevent it.
Read Also: How Much Was Whatsapp Sold For
How To Reactivate Your Account
If you have deactivated your account, and itâs been less than 30 days, follow the steps below to reactivate your account.
How To Make Your Twitter Account Private
This article was co-authored by A.J. Aldana. A.J. Aldana is a social media specialist who has been using platforms such as Tik Tok, Instagram, and YouTube for over 5 years. A.J. has worked with brands to curate content that has garnered thousands of interactions for various social media campaigns and is passionate about contributing to innovative and trending articles on wikiHow. He holds a BS in Product Design from Stanford University.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 1,401,889 times.
Your Twitter account is set to public by default, but you can make it private so that only approved users can subscribe to and view your tweets. Read this wikiHow to learn how.
Don’t Miss: How To Find Recently Archived Gmail
How To Install Neatspy And Use It To Hack Twitter Account
Let us study the process you need to follow if you want to know how to hack a Twitter account. Simply follow the steps we have outlined for you below.
Step-1: Sign up for a new account on the Neatspy website. The process is very straightforward and takes seconds. Enter your email address and chosen password and you should be good to go.
Step-2: Set up the Neatspy app on the target system. If the target uses an iOS device, you do not need physical access to the device at all! Yes, all you need are the iCloud username and password.
Just enter the iCloud credentials and let the validation complete. There is no need to install anything on the device if you use Neatspy. Isnt that easy?
If the target device is Android, you can download the Neatspy Android app and follow all prompts. Give the app all permissions it needs to send you all the information.
Step-3: Now, proceed to the Control Panel on your computer. At this point, you do not need access to the target device at all. You will see your dashboard interface.
Step-4: Click on the Keylogger section on the navigation pane on your left. You will now see detailed logs of everything the target user has been typing on his/her phone. This will also include their Twitter account username and password.
We recommend that you see the Neatspy live demo yourself to see everything in action.
Dont Miss: How to Hack Snapchat
What Is Twitter Lock Icon
Before we answer that question, lets consider the nature of the platform. Twitter feeds on what is called asynchronous relationships. What does that mean? Simple: Olivia can follow Nathan and interact with his posts. But because of the nature of Twitter, Nathan can also see and interact with Olivias posts . In other words, when you post something on Twitter, it can be viewed by anyone, no matter if they follow you or not.
You may have come across a user account with a padlock next to the username, but what does the lock mean on twitter? It means a private Twitter account. Click on that account, and youll immediately notice the difference. If you already follow that account, you can read the posted tweets. However, you cant reply or retweet them. In fact, the only reason youre able to see a protected post is that you are following that account.
In other words, private Twitter account means only followers can see posts from said account, and even those that can see it, cant act on it as they can with an unprotected account. Once a user has set their account to protected those already following will automatically be able to see the account posts. But what about new followers?
Read Also: Who Viewed My Pinterest Profile
Turn On The Quality Filter
Twitter’s quality filter prevents you from seeing low-quality content, like duplicate and automated tweets to cut down on spamming. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of muting and blocking words and accounts, this filter might help. Turn it on via Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety > Notifications and make sure that the quality filter is turned on.
Under Advanced filters, you can opt to mute notifications from people: you don’t follow who don’t follow you with a new account who have a default profile photo who haven’t confirmed their email and who haven’t confirmed their phone number. These options are meant to protect you from accounts used infrequently or anonymously to harass users.
Follow The Steps Below To Make Your Twitter Account Private On Mobile:
Step 1: First, open your Twitter app on your android.
Step 2: Then, click on the cog to open the settings. You will find it on the right side of the address bar.
Step 3: Once you are there, click on the Privacy and safety.
Step 4: Click on the slider next to Protect your Tweets and your tweets will be protected.
Step 5: Finally, click on Done to activate Twitter updates.
We Found More Than One Account With That Phone Number
When you try to recover your Twitter account using the phone number, you may get this message:
We found more than one account with that phone number
Unfortunately, if you have used the same phone number for more than 1 Twitter accounts, you will not be able to recover Twitter account using the Phone number. In such cases, you will have to try the last option mentioned below.
Open The Settings Option
Visit your settings page by .
Alternatively You can access the Settings & Privacy option by clicking on your profile picture which is located on the top bar of the webpage in the right corner.
A drop down menu will open up where you will be able to find the menu option of Settings. It may also be seen as Settings & Privacy in the menu.
Also Check: How To Tell If Someone Blocked Me On Snapchat
Disadvantages Of Protecting Tweets
If the aim of your Twitter account is to promote your business and its services, protecting tweets severely limits this. Each follow request must be specifically approved and interesting updates you share cannot be retweeted. Any potential customer or interested client visiting your Twitter profile will not be able to view your updates if the account is protected. In most cases, Twitter accounts are best left public — just be aware that anything posted to them can be seen by anyone.
Neatspy Features For Twitter Hack
Let us look at the advanced features found in the Neatspy app which make it the best twitter hack tool.
- Android Keylogger: Neatspy features an Android keylogger which will keep capturing all taps and key presses on the target phone. It will capture Twitter usernames and passwords too. You can then use these later to hack into their account with ease.
- Stealth Mode: One of the most important aspects when spying on someones Twitter is to be undercover! You need an app that works silently in the background, just like Neatspy. The app will hide its icon after installation and works discreetly.
- Battery Saver: You do not want to use a phone monitoring app that drains the target battery often. This can make the target user suspicious. Neatspy minimizes battery usage on the target device and works silently in the background.
Read Also: Google Turn On Less Secure Apps
Twitter Can Lock An Account If It Finds Suspicious Activity Or If The Account Has Been Compromised
Twitter accounts could be temporarily locked or suspended if they are compromised or in violation of Twitter rules or terms of service. If you login and see that your account is locked or some of the features have been limited, here are some of the steps that you could follow to unlock your Twitter account.
How to get your Twitter account back if it is locked
Twitter can lock an account if it finds suspicious activity or if the account has been compromised. The micro-blogging website also locked or suspends Twitter accounts if there is a violation of Twitter rules or terms. You need to follow the steps below in order to get your Twitter account unlocked.
To unlock your account:
Step 1: Step 2: Step 3: Step 4: Step 5: Step 6:
What Is The Difference Between Public And Protected Tweets
- When you sign up for Twitter, your Tweets are public by default anyone can view and interact with your Tweets. Should you choose to protect your Tweets, you can do so through your account settings. Learn more protecting your Tweets.
- If you protect your Tweets, youâll receive a request when new people want to follow you, which you can approve or deny. Accounts that began following you before you protected your Tweets will still be able to view and interact with your protected Tweets unless you block them. Learn more about blocking.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Rid Of Promotions In Gmail
How To Delete Twitter Account When You Forgot The Password
If you have forgotten your password, you need to first reset the password. Here are the steps by which you can do so.
- If you are logged in to the Twitter account, you should log out.
- In the sign in page of Twitter, you will find a forgot password option. Click on it.
- You will be asked to enter the email address of the account or the phone number. Alternatively, you can enter your username.
- Once you have entered the details, you will be sent a link via your email.
- Open the email and click on the password reset link.
- You can now choose a new password.
- If you have chosen to enter your phone number, Twitter will send an SMS to that number. The SMS will contain a unique 6-digit code. Remember that the code is valid only for 15 minutes.
- Enter the code in the website.
- You will be given the option to choose a new password.
Once you have reset the password, you can follow the process given above to delete your Twitter account permanently.
Here Is How To Unprotect Your Tweets:
- To unprotect your Tweets, follow the above instructions: For web, uncheck the box next to Protect my Tweets. For Twitter for iOS and Twitter for Android apps, uncheck the slider or box next to Protect your Tweets.
- Be sure to review your pending follower requests before making your Tweets public. Any requests left pending will not be accepted automatically. If left pending, those accounts will need to follow you again.
- Please note that unprotecting your Tweets will cause any previously protected Tweets to be made public.
How To Protect And Unprotect Your Tweets
When you sign up for Twitter, you can choose to keep your Tweets public or protect your Tweets. Read more about the difference between public and protected Tweets.
In the top menu, tap your profile photo, then tap Settings and privacy.
Tap Privacy and safety.
Under Audience and tagging, and next to Protect your Tweets, drag the slider to turn on.
In the top menu, you will either see a navigation menu icon or your profile icon. Tap whichever icon you have and select Settings and privacy.
Under Audience and tagging, and next to Protect your Tweets, check the box.
Click or tap on the more icon.
Go to your Settings and privacy.
Go to Audience and tagging, and next to Protect your Tweets, check the box.
How Do You Unlock A Twitter Account
Regardless of the reason why you got locked or , the simplest way to file an appeal through the platform is this:
In case you were suspended without the option to appeal or verify your data to speed up the suspension processing, you can also delete the suspended account and create a new one.
You May Like: How Do You Log Out Of Pinterest