Try Different Pin Formats
For example, Nike uses video to promote its products:
And carousels to show a variety of products in one Pin:
But even though 80% of Pinners discover a new brand or product on Pinterest, think beyond shopping and explicitly promoting your brand.
For example, Nespresso pins step-by-step content to engage Pinners with its brand:
How To Add Contributors
There are two ways to make someone a contributor:
- You can type their email address into the Who can pin? field. Pinterest will email them an invitation and prompt them to join Pinterest if they havent done so already.
- The easier way is to simply add the username of a pinner you would like to invite. The only condition is that you must be following them first.
Tip:Jeff uses Infusionsoft to capture leads, grow, and organize his mailing list.
Just select the names you want to add as contributors, click invite and then save your settings using the Create Board button.
You can of course make any of your current boards into a group board. Just follow the steps above from How To Add Contributors.
A word of caution.
Just select the group board in question, click the Edit Board button and turn off the notifications tab.
Dont Get Clever With Your Board Names
Use your best keyword phrases! That way, interested people can find your boards via search engines .
Here you can see that my social media marketing tips board is 4th on the 2nd page of Google results.
The maximum allowed characters is 50, but they might not all show on your profile.
While its nice to have neat, tidy names that fit in the display area, its not required.;Go with what best describes the board.
For example, Social Media Scheduling Tools & Tips doesnt all fit on the profile view of the board. But that tips keyword is still there for SEO purposes!
If someone should search Social Media Scheduling Tips this board would be more likely to surface due to that.
Dont concoct a name thats cute and unique. Use phrases Pinners are actually searching for!
From the top right bar, click the magnifying glass icon.
A search panel will pop up. Start typing! Take note of the phrases that appear.
Also Check: How Do I Know If Someone Blocked Me On Snapchat
Assess Group Board Effectiveness
Group boards should only be one part of your strategy, not all of it. If you are exclusively pinning your content to group boards I would strongly suggest you dial that back to 30/70 ratio . Not utilizing your personal boards and relying so heavily on group boards puts you at the mercy of a group board owner. A group board owner could remove you at any time or delete the board altogether.
Heres a quick guide for evaluating group boards:
- Does the topic still fit within your niche or do you write content that will fit on the board?
- Is there activity on the board or does it seem to be a dead space with little to no repins?
- How many contributors? Less is more. Having 5-10 contributors who are active is going to be vastly more productive than having your content buried in a board with 50, 75 or even 100s of contributors.;
Group boards come and go all the time. Its okay to leave if the board is no longer helpful to your business. Consider joining up with just a few friends who have a similar niche.
Other Ways To Add Pins
As we mentioned above, there are a few other ways to add pins to your boards. To get started, select the desired board, then choose Add a Pin.
Using a website’s URL
If you want to pin something from a specific webpage, go to the board you’d like to add the pin to and click Save Pin. A Save from dialog box will appear. Click The web.
Then you’ll need to copy and paste the website’s URL and select Next.
Finally, select the photo you’d like to use for the pin and click Save. Your pin will be created and added to your board.
Uploading an image
If you want to pin a picture from your computer, click the Save Pin button, then select Your device.
You can then locate and select the file to upload it to Pinterest.
Keep in mind that an uploaded pin won’t automatically include a link to another website, although you can choose to add one manually.
You May Like: How To Delete Snapchat Messages Someone Else Saved
Create A Profile That Captures Your Business
The focus of Pinterest as a site for content curationwhere people are constantly looking to find content they love and want to sharemakes it a place where a lot of new people are going to be exposed to your business.
Heres how it works:
- Youre a bakery;and you pin a picture of a fresh batch of muffins.
- My friend, whos already a customer and follows your Muffins board, sees the picture LOVES IT! and repins it to;her;Muffin Madness board.
- I, a lover of muffins, but not currently a customer of yours, see the picture LOVE IT!, repin it to my MMMuffin board and click on your name to find out who you are
So who are you? Tell me, or any customer: who you are, what you do, and why I should want to follow you or your boards.
How To Organize The Pins Inside Your Board
Once inside your board, click on the organise button and you will be taken to a screen that will allow you to drag and drop your pins.
Simply click on the pins and drag them to wherever you would like them to be placed within your board.
You might want to do this if you have some pins that perform particularly well and you want to keep them at the top of your board.
You can also move pins out of one board and into another board by clicking on the pins and then selecting the move button.
Saving Pins To A Board
How To Create A Contributor Board
Go to the Pinterest home page and click on the Add + tab at the top of the page.
Then select the option to Create a Board.
Next choose a name for your new board, select a category and whether you want to make it a private board or a public one.
The final step is to decide who you want to add as a contributor.
Recommended Reading: How To Delete Snapchat Messages Without Them Knowing
Carefully Plan Your Boards
As , your brands boards can help reach new Pinners interested in specific topics or learning specific things.
For example, Oreos boards include Pins with inspiration for upcoming seasonal holidays like its Spooky Sweet Halloween board and Holidays with Oreo board as well as recipe ideas, like its Oreo Cupcakes and Oreo Cookie Balls board.
In other words, the brand skillfully mixes useful, engaging and inspiring content boards with boards that are more promotional:
And Aveeno has boards for their own products, like Aveeno Body and Sun Care boards:
But the brand also has other boards, like the Earth Day board that includes Pins indirectly showcasing the brand while showing an understanding of what their audience values and supports.
Keep An Eye On Your Contributors And Group Boards
Remember that you dont have to accept every invitation you get to join a group board. Be selective.
Check to make sure that the board is on-brand for your business and a good fit for your audience before agreeing to join. The number of followers on a group board is another metric to take note of; the more followers a group board has, the greater the exposure you can expect for your business.
There is currently no way to filter which pins you can see.
This means that you might see pins from people you are not directly following which could include inappropriate content and spam.
Make a point of regularly monitoring your feed and respond quickly if you spot something undesirable by taking one of the following actions:
Read Also: What Does A Blue Arrow Mean On Snapchat
How Can Businesses Use Group Boards
- Collaboration are you working with other people, employees or co-workers on a specific project? Use group boards to share industry-specific tips, training materials and resources. Make the board secret if you want to keep the information under wraps.
- Planning are you a wedding planner, interior designer or in charge of an event that requires input from others? Invite the stakeholders to join you on a group board where you can collect and share design ideas, compare menus, color schemes, flower arrangements, room layouts, fabric samples and so on.
- Promotion thinking of running a contest, raising funding for your big idea or promoting a worthy cause? Group boards are perfect for engaging your audience, getting customers to interact with your brand as well as sharing data, statistics, success stories etc to raise awareness about your brand or a particular issue.
- Networking why not invite other pinners to pin about a common topic and expand your network at the same time? Bloggers especially can benefit from group boards by using them to connect with other bloggers and actively repinning each others content as part of a blogging network.
- are you knowledgeable about a particular subject area? Create a themed group board and contribute regularly to build credibility and establish yourself as a thought leader to the boards followers.
Make An Existing Board Secret
When you save Pins to a secret board, the person you saved from will not get a notification and the Pins count will not;increase.;When you save Pins from a secret board, we will not show the name of the person you saved it from on your new Pin.
If you want to share a secret board, you can invite friends to collaborate;or make the board public.; To make a board public, toggle off Keep this board secret;in the board settings.
Note:;Secret boards and Pins can not be promoted through .
Also Check: Gmail Empty Promotions
Share Images That Perform
When scrolling through Pinterest, users are looking for beautiful images that represent the things they like or want to learn about. Catch their eye with great visuals from your own pictures or images you create with free online tools, like Canva or Adobe Spark.
When youre creating and sharing pins that you want to get noticed on Pinterest, its important to pay attention to Pinterests best practices. For example, images on Pinterest should be high-quality, vertical images with a 2:3 aspect ratio that will stand out in a users feed. Remember, if youre ever unsure of what size to use for your social media images, check out our social media image sizes cheat sheet.
You should always make your brand the focal point of your pin image. For example, use an image that features your product or service front and center rather than in the background. You should also include your logo, if you have one. If you dont have a logo, you should create a business logo in order to showcase your brand and build awareness.
If youre sharing a video pin, make sure to start strong. Like most social media platforms, you have only a few seconds to make a good impression and grab the users attention. Start your video with a clear hook and your logo. Keep it to only 5-30 seconds and remember that a lot of people will be watching with their sound off, so keep it visual and dont rely too heavily on audio or dialogue.
Following Boards And People
You May Like: How To Close My Twitter Account
Pin Engaging Captivating Content
So, what makes a captivating Pin?
- Consider your image and video quality. You want to avoid pixelation,
- Descriptive copy. Good descriptions can help you improve SEO, add context to your images, and encourage users to click on links.
- Text overlay. Consider including a headline that reinforces your visual message.
- Tasteful branding. If it makes sense for your brand and corresponds to your Pinterest marketing strategy, incorporate your logo in your Pins so your brand doesnt get lost in the Repin shuffle.
- Make sure your links work. Broken links wont help your brand! Make sure the link with your Pin wont go to a 404 and that it loads quickly to give Pinners the best user experience.
Finally, be consistent! Consistent, daily Pinning is more effective than creating a board and filling it up at once. And Pinning regularly ensures your content will reach a wider audience.
Using Hootsuite to schedule Pins will help your brand stay on top of your content calendar.
Peek At Competitors And Influencers
What works for your competitors and influencers in your niche could work for you.
to see what group boards theyre a member of .
Next, click Saved in their profile. Scroll down and look for boards with multiple profile icons. That tells you the group boards theyve joined.
See a group board you like? Include it in the spreadsheet.
Create A Pin From An Image You Found On The Web
Start by downloading the Pinterest browser button. This Pinterest browser button helps you easily create Pins from the images you find on the web.
When you find an image youd like to save as a Pin, click the browser button on your browsers toolbar. Or you can press the Pin button that pops up over the images when you hover over it.
Once you select the Pin button, a list of images from the website will appear. From this list, select the image you would like to create a Pin of from the image list and click Save. Add or edit the description and then pick the board you want to save to.
Connect Your Touch Points
Pinners are shoppers. In fact, . So let them know that your business is there by linking to your Pinterest account on your website. Not connecting your website to your social networks is a bad practice for all social networks, but especially for Pinterest. Adding a Pinterest logo to your website will not only help drive traffic to your page, but will act as a reminder to people who visit your website to pin your content. Youll also want to make sure youre inserting a link in your email newsletter with a strong call to action.;
Read Also: What Does The Grey Box Mean On Snapchat
Should You Have Personal Boards On Your Business Account
Theres some controversy about this. Some people say yes. They even recommend going into your Pinterest analytics and making boards on other interests of your audience even if theyre not your interests.
Please, dont do that. Do you really want to keep pinning to a board of things youre not interested in?
Feel free to use Audience Insights to create more boards that are relevant to your business though particularly if you have your own content to save there. Even Pinterest now tells us to focus on saving your own content.
There is a slight chance youll attract some members of your target market this way but much more likely, if you attract anyone, theyll be people who arent.
As a Pinner whos had a somewhat-business-related Pin go viral , I can tell you it caused me a huge waste of time and money.
Even though that Pin was vaguely related to my business , I probably got fewer than 5 people on my business email list from that viral Pin.
I spent a ton of time making a content upgrade for that blog post, set up an email list for it, tried to figure out a way to monetize
I did get thousands of people to sign up to that list . So that cost me plenty.
I eventually closed that list because I was wasting too much time on it, and making no money.
Now imagine if Id made a board about knitting? Which was recommended to me.
If you make baby clothes, and you suddenly came out with a line of adult hair care products, thats diluting your brand.