How To Use Geofilters On Snapchat
Geofilters is another interesting technical feature on Snapchat that allows users to add specific location-based filters to their photos.
Snapchat Geofilters work similarly to standard Snapchat filters in that you capture a picture or record a video and then add a design to it.
This simply means that if you take a picture in a particular location, you can easily use the Geofilters feature to change the location of the snapshot to a cooler location you would love to be.
However, before you can utilize Geofilters, you must first enable the location feature on the Snapchat app. So, in case you are yet to activate the turn-on location on the Snapchat app, you can quickly scroll up this post to see how to do that in a few taps.
After turning on the location on your Snapchat app, follow these steps to activate the Geofilters feature:
- Launch the Snapchat app
- Tap on your profile picture or avatar
- Tap the settings gear icon located in the top right corner of your screen
- Select Manage in the list of option that appears.
- Scroll down to the filter option
- Toggle it on to enable the Geofilters feature
Change Your Snapchat Location On Android
Want to change your Snapchat location on an Android device? Check out the instructions below:
Alternatively, you can open your VPN app and select a server in your chosen location to change your IP address. Snapchat should now work as if you are based in that location.
Make Sure Snapchat Can Access Your Location Data
If this is your first time going through this process, you might be prompted by a screen that says: “Snapchat wants to use your location.” Alternatively, you might be prompted by a screen saying: “Using the Map requires location access” when you enter the Snap Map.
To find people’s location on Snapchat—even if you’re in Ghost Mode—you need to click Allow.
If you’ve been using Snapchat for some time now but haven’t enabled location services, you can do so easily using the iPhone Settings App:
Not only will enabling location services provide you with access to the Snap Map, but it will also offer you new curated stories and filters based on your locations. This is a great way to find and use some of the best Snapchat filters and lenses.
Once you’re done, you’ll see your updated status on who can view your location.
If you change your mind about sharing your location on Snapchat, here’s how to turn off your location on Snapchat.
Don’t Miss: How To Get More Reach On Instagram
Alternative Methods For Ios
The iMyFone AnyTo app is free to download and comes with a free trial period. Simply download the app to your computer and plug your phone into it. Click Get Started then click on the teleport icon in the upper right-hand corner of the app. After that, you can tap anywhere on the map that appears and set your location on your iPhone.
If youre using iOS 14 and you have a Mac handy, you can use the Xcode application if youre tech-savvy enough. This application allows you to build a project and change the location of your iPhone to a preset destination.
Snapchat Brings Live Location Sharing Feature To Its Android Ios Apps
Snapchat users will now be able to share their live location with friends with the latest feature introduced by the app on Friday. The Temporary Live Location Sharing feature, which is now available globally for both Android and iOS platforms, will let users share their real-time locations for their friends and family to track them while travelling. Lets take a closer look at the newly introduced live location sharing feature on Snapchat and find out what it has in store for the users.
How To Change Your Location On Snapchat Via Virtual Location Tool
It’s easy to spoof your location on Snapchat for Android or iPhone. And the key is to choose a good spoofing app/software. Virtual Location Tool, a great Snapchat location spoofer available for PC and Mac, can be your top pick. In addition to faking your GPS location, it can also help do something others as below.
Virtual Location Tool can help you:
- Change your location on Snapchat for Android/iPhone in every corner of the world.
- Select or delete the address saved on this software you’ve visited before.
- Customize routes, simulate routes, and create various routes.
- Work with any location-based apps containing AR games, social platforms, etc.
- Get on well with both Android and iOS devices, covering Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, Google, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola, OPPO, Vivo, iPhone 13/12/12 Pro /12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch, etc.
- It can well protect your privacy.
How to change your location on Snapchat map on Android/iPhone via Virtual Location Tool?
Step 1. Download and install the Virtual Location Tool on your computer. Launch it and click on “Get Started”.
Step 2. Connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable. Wait for a while until the tool recognizes your device.
Step 3. Click “Teleport Mode” from the right corner of the interface and enter the location you want in the search bar. You can also enter GPS coordinates to ascertain a specific location.
You May Also Need:
How To Create A Snapchat Geotag
Creating the image for a Snapchat geotag is probably the hardest part, mainly because you need basic graphic design skills and a design program. For best results, use a professional design program such as Adobe Illustrator or .
Create your geofilter using a photo editing program or Snapchat’s tools. See below for Snapchat’s submission guidelines.
Need help creating an image? Check out Lifewire’s guides.
Go to and choose the type of geofilter you want to submit. To create something for a public place, for example, choose Community Filters> Geofilter.
Community filters are free to submit, but others cost money.
Upload your custom filter. This example uses a simple text that reads, “Las Vegas Bound!”
Choose a location for your filter. Draw a box on the map around the area, which will fill in with green. Pick a location where people are likely to gather and take snaps. Make sure your fence covers only the relevant area.
Review your submission. You need to enter an email address, your name, and a description of the geotag. If there’s a problem with your image, you’ll see red text on the right-hand side explaining what needs to be fixed. Make the necessary changes.
When you’re ready, select Submit. After you successfully submit your geotag image, you’re sent a confirmation email telling you it will be reviewed in the order it was received. If Snapchat approves it, you’ll get a notification.
Recommended Reading: How To Sign Into My Gmail Account
How To Change Your Snapchat Location Using Xcode
If you want to change your location on Snapchat for your iPhone device on a Mac computer, You can also take Xcode into account. Yet, it could be quite complex for a layman to do the job without affecting the system.
How to change/spoof your bitmoji location on Snapchat for iPhone with Xcode?
- Open your Mac and find the Xcode app from the App Store.
- Install the app, launch it, and set up a new project on the interface.
- Choose “Single View Application” and hit “Next”.
- When the project is created, Xcode will open a popup window with a few GIT commands that you’ll have to execute.
- Connect your iPhone with Mac via a USB cable.
- Keep the phone unlocked when you build the profile, app IDs, and certificates.
- You can also let Xcode create sign-in details automatically.
- Finally, if everything goes well, Xcode will process some symbol files.
- Go to the Debug option from the menu and check if the Simulate Location feature is active.
- From that interface, you could manipulate the location of your device with ease.
How To Accept Location Requests On Snapchat
Open the chat box with the pending location request on Snap chat. You will see your location visibility status and the options to accept or reject the request. Tap if you wish to allow them access to view your live location.
A popup will inform you that exiting Ghost Mode will reveal your location to the contact who has requested to view your location on Snap Map. Tap if you agree.
Thats it. In two simple taps, you have accepted a request to share your live location. Now, live location sharing is indeed very helpful under many circumstances, especially for socializing in the 3-D world. Once you share your live location, it will remain visible for a few hours .
But, what about when you want to revoke others access to view your live location details? Is there a way to turn it off?
As we already discussed above, there is no absolute way to turn off location-sharing features on the app itself if you have given Snap Map permission to access your device location at all times. That doesnt mean your privacy has been compromised enter Ghost Mode to the rescue!
Ghost mode is a special setting in Snap Map to limit the location visibly only to yourself. When you want to immediately stop sharing your live location on Snapchat , all you have to do is switch to Ghost Mode and your presence on Snap Map will be immediately hidden to everyone else but you.
Don’t Miss: How To Delete Emails In Bulk On Gmail
What Can The Snapchat Snap Map Help Me To Achieve
There are different ways you can take advantage of the Snap Map. Some of them include:
- You can use it to see your friends location. When you see them, tap on their Bitmoji to immediately start a chat with them.
- Use it to see your friends location. If you are wondering where in the world your friend is, the Snap Map can help you find them. You only need to tap on the Search bar at the top of the screen and type in their name.
- Use it to see snaps other people have shared. The heat map on the map shows you where people are mostly snapping from, and you can also see what they are sharing. When there is a brightly colored area on the map, it shows a lot of people are snapping from there. Blue means only a few people are there. Now, you have the idea of where best to snap to be on the trend.
- You can use it to allow a friend or family member to keep track of your location thanks to the Live Location feature that comes with the feature. With that, you can give a friend real-time tracking access to your location for up to 8 hours. It can also come as a safety measure in some cases.
Being Sneaky On Snap Map
Here are a couple of techniques you can use to have your Snap Map location appear but not give away your actual location. This trick is great if you want to retain your privacy without looking like youre hiding something. Its easy to forget that Snapchat doesnt know where you are. It only knows where your phone is.
If you dont have a burner phone but have a computer, you can install one of the many Android emulators on your device and have that as your Snapchat home base. Itll show you safe and sound at home all night long as long as you leave the emulator running with Snapchat open. Check out this TechJunkie article on the best Android emulators for Windows 10 to get started.
Another way to fool Snap Map is to spoof your phones location using the software. Read our pieces on how to trick Snapchats location filters and spoof your location in Snapchat to get more information on that!
The options above are perfect for circumventing the Snap Map location feature without enabling Ghost Mode.
In closing, if privacy is a priority for you, there is no way to know if someone checks your location via the controversial Snap Map feature. If you want to protect your travels and commutes, your option is to enable Ghost Mode.
If you dont have insecure friends or dont mind people knowing where you are any time you use Snapchat, Snap Maps can be a fun feature that enhances Snapchats social sharing abilities.
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Contact From Whatsapp
Faqs About Location On Snapchat
Q1: Can the Snap Map Be Wrong?
Snapchat Map seems to be pretty accurate. The feature is even more precise than some mapping apps. The map can even identify the specific location of a person.
Q2: How to Hide/Freeze Your Snapchat Location?
- Open Snapchat and tap the profile icon on the top left of your phone.
- Tap on Settings on the top right corner.
- Scroll down until you see “Additional services” and go to see my location.
- Choose who you want to share location with or enable the Ghost Mode to disable sharing location to others.
- You can then see in contacts that the people whom you shared location with and the cross sign to the contacts you don’t have access.
- If you wish to completely turn off this mode, go to mobile permission settings for Snapchat and disable location permissions.
Q3: What if My Snapchat Location Doesn’t Update?
- Toggle on WiFi if it’s available try another app like Google Maps to see whether your location is correct and updated properly.
- If it isn’t, you should power cycle your device by going to your phone’s settings, disable your location services, and back on before updating your phone’s software.
- If other apps are working properly, check Google Play Store for any available updates.
- Suppose none of the fixes work, please contact Snapchat Support. To make it, fill in the form and submit a request for help.
Q4: How to Prevent Location Requests on Snapchat Altogether?
Q5: Does VPN Change Your Snapchat Location?
How To Turn On Location On Snapchat
Whether you are using an Android or iOS device, turning on location on Snapchat is the same process. To do that, here are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your device
- Once the Snapchat app opens, tap on your profile picture or avatar on the top left corner of your screen.
- Around the top-right corner of your screen, tap the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down and tap on See My Location under the section named Who Can
- Tap on My Friends, Except or Only These Friends to choose the names from your Snapchat contact list who can see your location at a given time.
Read Also: How To Video On Snapchat
Now You Know How To See Someones Snapchat Location
Now that you know how to find someone’s Snapchat location, you can use this feature to your heart’s content. It’s a big decision to constantly display your whereabouts to the public, so consider seriously whether you want to use this service.
Perhaps you don’t want to display your whereabouts and have turned off your location data. If you find someone harassing you despite this, there are ways to block someone on Snapchat.
Q: How Accurate Is The Snapchat Map
Very accurate! Snapchat uses your GPS coordinates to determine your actual location on the map. However, this map gives a location based on where you were last seen when you logged into the app. So, if you stay for long without opening the app, it won’t update your location. But if you log in and your location service is enabled, this app will auto-update it.
Don’t Miss: How To Put Password On Whatsapp
How To Update Your Location Settings On Snap Map
Snap Map is incredibly accurate showing your exact location on an interactive map. There are a few things to consider when using Snap Map:
- Choose your location setting: Consider using the Ghost Mode or selecting close friends, this will give you more control over who can see you.
- If you choose the Friends setting Ensure you review your friends list. Do not share your location with people you do not know in real life.
Location-sharing services can give other users a clear picture of the places you regularly visit . Consider whether this is information you want to share with others.
How To Stop Sharing Live Location On Snapchat
On Snapchat, go to Map.
Tap on Ghost Mode .
A popup will ask for your Ghost Mode settings preference. You can set the Ghost Mode to turn on for a short period of time or until you manually turn it off.
Tap Until Turned Off to limit your location visibility to yourself.
Thus you can become invisible ghosts on Snapchat your activities on the app will not be affected if you turn Ghost mode off or on, only your location visibility will be adjusted according to the setting.
Another option to consider is filtering the eligible friends list by managing the Who Can See My Location preference. There are three choices before you if you do not wish to be a ghost but only want to keep selected people out.
If you select Friends, all your mutual friends will be able to see your live location when you are on the app . However, you can selectively leave out those unwanted contacts by adding users as exemption in the option My Friends Exempt, or only add the privileged accounts to Only These Friends.
In the screenshot above, only the name mentioned under Only These Friends can view my location when I turn on location sharing as a part of location request, or even when I am not on Ghost mode.