Restore Whatsapp From Google Drive On Android Phone
Having a Backup of WhatsApp on Google Drive makes it really easy to Restore WhatsApp on a New Phone or on the same Phone.
1. Download WhatsApp from Google Play Store on your New Android Phone.
2. Open WhatsApp and tap on Agree & Continue.
3. On the next screen, select Country, enter your Phone Number and tap on Next.
4. If prompted, verify your Phone Number by entering the 6-digit code sent by WhatsApp to your Phone number.
5. Once your Phone number is verified, WhatsApp will look for backups and prompt you to Restore from Backup.
6. Tap on the Restore button to start the process of Restoring WhatsApp Messages and Photos on your new Android Phone.
Option #1 Backup Android Whatsapp Messages To Google Drive
Using Google Drive to backup Android WhatsApp messages is one of the most popular solutions because it allows you to set a backup schedule that runs automatically. To be able to backup WhatsApp messages to Google Drive however, you must have a Google Account activated on your phone, Installed Google Play services and have adequate storage space on the device.
If you have met these requirements, follow these simple steps to create a Google Drive backup of your Android WhatsApp messages
- Step 1: On your Android device, open WhatsApp and tap on menu
- Step 2: Choose Settings > Chats > Chat Backup
- Step 3: Tap on Back up to Google Drive, and then select the backup frequency you would like to use.
- Step 4: Choose the Google Account to back up the messages to. If you don’t have a Google account associated with WhatsApp, tap Add Account and then sign in.
- Step 5: Tap Back up over to choose if you want to use the Wi-Fi network or Cellular data and the backup will begin. Your messages will also be automatically backed up to Google Drive based on the frequency you have selected.
- WhatsApp backups that haven’t been updated in more than one year will be automatically removed from Google Drive.
- Google Drive will only have the most recent backup. Every time you create a new backup using the same Google account, the previous one will be overwritten.
Transfer Whatsapp Android To Iphone Using Mobiletrans
We have mentioned above how you can use a specialised application made by Wondershare Dr.Fone to transfer your WhatsApp messages from an Android device to your iOS device.
We have another tried and tested method which you can implement to transfer your WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS. This tool, MobileTrans, is also from Wondershare specifically for transferring WhatsApp data.
- First, download and install the MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer app on your PC from here.
- Now, launch the MobileTrans app on your PC and select WhatsApp Transfer. Now, connect both your Android and iOS device to your PC.
- Now, the application will automatically detect both your connected devices, Android and iOS. You can choose which device is the source and which is the destination. You can click on the flip button to swap these positions.
- Make sure that iOS is selected as destination device and click start. If you already have WhatsApp on your iOS device, its data will be erased.
- The transfer of WhatsApp chats will soon be finished. You will be notified to safely remove your devices. Now, when you launch the WhatsApp on your iPhone, all the chats will be available to you.
Don’t Miss: How To Allow Snapchat Camera Access
Tutorial On Transferring Android Whatsapp To Mac Via Google Drive:
Step 1. Open WhatsApp on Android
Run the WhatsApp app, and tap the “More“> “Settings“> “Chats“> “Chat backup“> “BACK UP“> “Back up to Google Drive” feature.
Step 2. Enter Your Google Account
You are required to select a backup frequency, and click the “Google Account” option to enter your Google account. Then click the “BACK UP” button to begin transferring WhatsApp data to Google Drive.
Step 3. Browse Google Drive on Mac
Please browse the Google Drive web and sign in with your account on Mac. Then you can see the backup WhatsApp data. If needed, you can download it to the computer for backup.
Further reading: Want to back up and restore the Android device? Here are 5 powerful ways for your reference.
Keep Whatsapp Open During Backup Process
Although the app background process has improved with the latest iPhones, you still face occasional errors when the app is not actively running.
You can manually backup WhatsApp data to iCloud and keep the app open the entire time to make sure glitch-free process.
Step 1: Open WhatsApp on iPhone and go to Settings.
Step 2: Select Chat and open the Chat backup menu.
Step 3: Tap on the Back Up Now option and keep the app open during the backup process.
If you go back home and lock your iPhone, the process might get stopped in the background.
Make sure you have a high-speed internet connection, as it might take a while before completing the backup process.
Also on Guiding Tech
Read Also: How To See Archived Mail In Gmail App Iphone
Recommended: Import Whatsapp Backup Option That Works With Both Ios And Android
If youâre frustrated about the limitations of importing data between different operating systems, such as from iPhone to Android , then this is the solution for you. We recommend this option because it works with any phone type, doesnât require you to uninstall WhatsApp, and you donât even have to have the same phone number to complete the process. The best part? You donât even have to worry about backups with Mobitrix – you can import data from one phone, directly to another!
Manually Backup Whatsapp To Google Drive On Android Phone
You can also make a Manual Backup of WhatsApp Messages and Photos to Google Drive at any time on your Android Phone.
1. Open WhatsApp> tap on the 3-dot menu icon and select Settings option in the drop-down menu.
2. From the Settings screen, go to Chats > Chat backup
3. On the next screen, tap on the Backup button to begin the process of WhatsApp Backup to Google Drive.
Note: Check Include Videos, in case you want to backup WhatsApp videos attached to your Messages.
Don’t Miss: Where To Post Gofundme Link
How To Import A Whatsapp Backup
If youâre looking for ways to import a WhatApp backup, youâve come to the right place. This guide will explain in simple terms how to import a WhatsApp backup, even between different systems. That means if you want to import a backup from an Android device to iOS , we have the answer for you!
How To Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Android To Iphone Free Using Email Chat
Using Email Chat, you can also share a backup version of your WhatsApp chat history, but since Google and Apple use different cloud storage for WhatsApp, it is difficult for most users to import the backups into their new iOS apps.
However, they can try uploading the backup files to Google Drive, transferring the file to their iCloud storage, and finally, importing the backup files to their iOS WhatsApp application.
Follow these steps to transfer your chat history using email from Android to iOS:
Whatsapp Chat Backup: How To Backup Whatsapp Messages On Android Mobile And Iphone
WhatsApp is one of the most-used applications when it comes to communicating with friends, family, office colleagues, and more. The messaging application is also widely used to convey formal messages to your clients, boss, and more. So, it is important of utter importance that you keep all the chats, photos, videos, and more backed up just in case of an emergency. Thankfully, WhatsApp allows you to easily back up all your messages, photos, documents, and more on cloud storage. One can easily backup WhatsApp chats on Google Drive and iCloud storage. In this article, we are going to tell you how to backup your WhatsApp chat on Android and iPhone by following some simple steps. So, without wasting your time, lets begin.
Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Android To Android
WhatsApp have kindly provided all the tools you need to be able to do this. First, create a backup of your WhatsApp messages, then restore the backup to your new device. Easy, right? Let’s see how:
Great! You now have a backup of your WhatsApp conversations stored in your Google Drive. Next, you’ll need to restore this backup on your new phone.
How to restore WhatsApp chats to new phone:
Hungry for more?
Discover the best way to transfer your contacts to a new phone.
Recommended Reading: Streak Emojis
How Can I See Whatsapp Storage On Google Drive
Well, there is no direct way to see all the data that is backed up on Google Drive from WhatsApp. This is primarily because the data is end-to-end encrypted, meaning that you will not be able to read it on your PC or using any other third-party application. The only way to access the WhatsApp backup is by restoring the same on your WhatsApp account. That said, you can see how much space WhatsApp backup has taken on your Google Drive. Heres how:
With this, you will be able to see all the storage WhatsApp has taken on Google Drive.
Restore From A Google Drive Backup
To maintain a copy of your chat history on Google Drive, you can enable the automatic backup feature for your chats and select its frequency as daily, weekly, or monthly. In order to successfully restore a Google Drive backup, you need to use the same phone number and Google Account used to create the backup.
To restore your backup:
If you install WhatsApp without any prior backups from Google Drive, WhatsApp will automatically restore from your local backup file.
Don’t Miss: App To See Who Searches You On Instagram
How To Restore Your Backup:
You need to ensure that your new Android device is linked to the Google Account where your backup is saved. Install and open WhatsApp, then verify your number. Tap RESTORE when prompted to restore your chats and media from Google Drive. After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. Your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
It can be noted that WhatsApp will continue to restore your media files after your chats are restored. If you install WhatsApp without any prior backups from Google Drive, WhatsApp will automatically restore from your local backup file.
How to restore WhatsApp chat history from local backup
If you want to use a local backup, you will need to transfer the files to the phone using a computer, file explorer or SD Card.
Restore A Less Recent Local Backup
If you want to restore a local backup that isn’t the most recent one, you’ll need to do the following:
You May Like: Linkedin Formatting Bullets
How To Backup Whatsapp Messages To New Android
Step 1Turn on new phone and log into the Google Account you used to backup WhatsApp messages.
Step 2Open WhatsApp and wait for verifying. Make sure you use the same phone number on the new phone. You will be prompted to restore data from Google Drive Backup.
Step 3When the WhatsApp restoring is finished, tap “Next” and you can see all WhatsApp chats display in the interface.
This way also works when you want to sync WhatsApp data from Android to new iPhone.
Two methods are mentioned to help you backup WhatsApp Android. You can pick either one when you need to make WhatsApp backup on Android. Android Data Recovery enables you to back up and restore any frequently-used Android data, you can free download it and give a try.
What do you think of this post?
Restore A Backup From Google Drive
Once the backup has been activated in Google Drive, whenever you install a new WhatsApp for Android, you will see an option to restore the messages and files from your Google Drive account, so you will see the app the same way you did with the previous device. Therefore, I recommend you back up your WhatsApp every single day since I am sure that you dont go a day without messaging someone. That way you will be able to sleep at night knowing that if you ever need to re-install WhatsApp on another device, you will be able to recover everything you had.
Recommended Reading: Gmail Promotions Top Picks
How To Backup Whatsapp Messages
The chat history of your WhatsApp is backed up daily at 2:00 AM to your phones memory automatically. You can also set to back up your chats to Google Drive in the cloud. If you want to uninstall the App from your smartphone while keeping your messages, you should manually back up them before the uninstallation.
The Easiest Way To Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Android To Iphone
Tenorshare iCareFone is an app that makes it easier to transfer WhatsApp chat history from Android to iOS devices. You can install this app on Mac or PC to manage your iOS devices. Besides enabling WhatsApp chat transfer, the application includes the following features:
- Export photos to PC/Mac with one click.
- Free iOS data backup on your computer, selective and free.
- Add, delete, edit, and export files, including contacts, audios, photos, videos, apps, books, bookmarks, and other files.
- Creating a virtual USB drive folder in your device for better file management .
- Compatible with the latest iOS and iPadOS devices including, iPhone 13 , iPhone 13 pro , and other.
Don’t Miss: How To Edit Instagram Pictures After Posting
Way : Use Google Driv
We have already discussed a method to save backup in internal storage of Android Device but that method only works if you don’t format your internal storage. Fortunately, WhatsApp has also provided an alternative in which you can use Google Drive cloud service for chat backup Whatsapp android. Good thing about this method is that backup goes into account so you can restore it anytime anywhere simply by logging into your Google drive account. One thing must be noted here WhatsApp end-to-end encryption doesn’t work while backup is in Google Drive. This is how you do it:
Step 1: Launch WhatsApp on your Android device from Homescreen or App Drawer.
Step 2: Now, tap “Menu Icon” on top right. Its the icon with three dots.
Step 3: Tap “Settings” from the menu.
Step 4: Now, tap “Chats” from the interface.
Step 5: A new interface will appear, select “Chat backup”.
Step 6: Now select frequency under “Google Drive Settings” for your backup.
Step 7: Tap “Account” and select an existing account from list or add a new one.
Step 8: Allow permissions by tapping “Allow” after account selection.
Step 9: You can select “Back up Over” and decide to use Wi-Fi or data for backup.
Step 10: Tap “Include Videos” if you want and then finally tap “Back Up” button in green to start backing up.
Option : How To Back Up Whatsapp Messages From Android To Pc Via Whatsapp Backup Manager
It is a brilliant move to make a backup for WhatsApp messages to computer in case of unforeseen data loss. In an attempt to make a permanent preservation, you just need an all-around software like WhatsApp Backup Manager. While running it, you’ll find the existing or deleted WhatsApp messages by the deep scan. Then you can simply preview the results of the scan, and select the messages you want to recover or back up to computer. Of course, you are also allowed to select the deleted WhatsApp messages and retrieve them within one touch.
What Can WhatsApp Backup Manager Do for You:
– One-tap to trigger the backup task for WhatsApp messages, contacts, call logs, documents, etc.
– Do great management on Android media files on computer briskly.
– Breezily recover deleted data from Android internal memory or SD card to computer.
– Work well on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP and Mac OS X 10.7 or above.
– Run smoothly on various Android phones and tablets , including the latest Samsung, Huawei, HTC, Sony, Motorola, LG, Xiaomi, Meizu, OPPO, Vivo, and so on.
Now, read the following guideline to learn how to back up WhatsApp to PC with WhatsApp Backup Manager:
Step 1. Run WhatsApp Backup Manager and get Android phone connected
Step 2. Scan all WhatsApp messages on your Android phone
Tap on “WhatsApp”> “Next” to move ahead. Here, in order to fully detect your WhatsApp messages from your Android for backup, you may need to have your Android phone rooted now.
Also Check: How To Post Music On Facebook Story