Pin Engaging Captivating Content
So, what makes a captivating Pin?
- Consider your image and video quality. You want to avoid pixelation,
- Descriptive copy. Good descriptions can help you improve SEO, add context to your images, and encourage users to click on links.
- Text overlay. Consider including a headline that reinforces your visual message.
- Tasteful branding. If it makes sense for your brand and corresponds to your Pinterest marketing strategy, incorporate your logo in your Pins so your brand doesnt get lost in the Repin shuffle.
- Make sure your links work. Broken links wont help your brand! Make sure the link with your Pin wont go to a 404 and that it loads quickly to give Pinners the best user experience.
Finally, be consistent! Consistent, daily Pinning is more effective than creating a board and filling it up at once. And Pinning regularly ensures your content will reach a wider audience.
Using Hootsuite to schedule Pins will help your brand stay on top of your content calendar.
Add Relevant Keywords And Hashtags
How to find the right keywords and hashtags:
- Note the key word bubbles that appear in the search results header.
- Look at the hashtag suggestions and usage stats as you add hashtags to your Pin descriptions.
- Search a relevant hashtag, and look at the tags and keywords being used by Pinners using that hashtag.
- Look at the trending hashtags in your category .
- Try these 8 SEO tools for social media marketers.
You can apply this logic to your profile too. For instance, consider adding a description to your name, like Hootsuite . Your profile is more apt to show up in keyword searches that way. This is especially useful if youre an entrepreneur and you want to emphasize your areas of expertise.
Connect Offline With Pincodes
Much like QR codes, Pincodes are designed to help people find your company on Pinterest while offline. Pincodes can be added to business cards, brochures, print ads, packaging or any other merchandise. A quick scan with the Pinterest camera will bring them directly to your Pinterest profile, board, or pin.
Also Check: How To Remove Email From Twitter Account
Follow Someone From The Board
- Tap the persons name. Make sure you dont click on the pin itself, as this will take you back to the original pin.
- Tap the persons profile picture. You will discover it at the very top of the screen, just to the right of the center. You can choose to follow a specific board from that person. To do this, select the Subscribe button on the board in question.
- Select Subscribe. New Pins for that person will now appear on your board.
Follow Your Competitors Followers
If youre sitting around waiting for followers to flock to you, youll be waiting a long time.
A powerful tactic to generate followers is strategically following your competitors followers.
Since you both have the same target audiences, chances are, if they followed your competitor theyll follow you, too.
A quick way to find competitors:
Anyone who has blog, blogging, or a related term in their profile will show up under People:
Begin looking through your competitors profiles, one by one. From there you can start following their followers, and youll begin to see many of them will happily follow you back. Easy-peasy!
Also Check: Search Facebook Friends On Twitter
How To Become Eligible For Shoppable Pins
Use a Supported E-Commerce Platform: If you already use an e-commerce platform such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Demandware, and Salesforce, then youre in luck. Only a few choice merchants support Shoppable Pins, so if you already use a different e-commerce platform to sell your products, youll want to sign up to one of those listed above too. Once thats sorted, youll then need to apply for Shoppable Pins with that specific e-commerce platform.
: Next, youll need to make sure you have a Pinterest Business Page set up, as opposed to a Personal Page. If youve been using a Personal Page for your business, just convert it to a Business Page instead. There are a number of special features you can optimize on your Business Page, which you can learn all about here.
: Once youve optimized your Pinterest Business Page, the final step is to apply for approval from Pinterest. Once youve been approved, you can start using Shoppable Pins for your products right away. Hooray!
Get Discovered With Idea Pins
Idea Pins are the best way to bring your ideas to lifewith video, music, stickers, tagging and more. Anytime you make an Idea Pin, you can encourage people to create their own take and build community around your shared passions. Idea Pins are discoverable all across Pinterest, so your creative ideas get maximum visibility. Get inspired by these Idea Pins from other creators, and make sure to follow our creative best practices.
You May Like: Merge Instagram Accounts
Write Relevant And Helpful Content
Now that youve started a blog, write 5-10 blog posts related to your niche that will solve your readers problems.
Before you start writing, take a step back and figure out who your target audience is.
I always recommend choosing something you enjoy talking about.
Dont choose a topic just because you think it will make money. Sure, it may work out, but can you really keep writing about something you dont have a genuine interest in?
The last thing you want is your blog to feel like a chore.
This diagram will help you determine what you can write about while solving your readers problems.
- Passion: Im not going to tell you to quit your job and chase your passions without any financial support. But what would you do with your life if you were financially independent? I know this is tough to answer, so this free personality test is amazing and can help you figure it out as long as you answer truthfully!
- Skills: What are you good at? What do you usually get compliments on?
- : What are people searching A LOT for on Google and Pinterest? I recommend using SEMrush for some guidance. Billions of people out there want answers and solutions to their problems!
Remember that readers need your help with something. Most of them arent here to read about your problems. When they land on your page, they will subconsciously ask:
Whats in it for me?
Your ideal spot is to hit all these 3 elements !
Test Evaluate Adjust Repeat
Any good social media marketer knows that trial and error is a fundamental part of the job. offers several tools and actionable insights that help you see how your audience is engaging with your content.
Whether something is working or not, its always good practice to take a step back and evaluate why. After youve learned why something works, it will be easier to apply in the future.
Recommended Reading: How To Allow Camera Access To Snapchat
Create A Pin Using An Image Saved On Your Computer
To create a Pin from images on your computer, follow these steps:
Select Choose Image and find the file on your computer
Pick a board for your Pin and add a description
Heres how to schedule your Pins with Later:
Drag and drop an image from your Media Library onto your content calendar to schedule it at the date and time of your choice.
Important: Your board settings must be set to Public in order to schedule your Pin to that board. When scheduling your Pin, you can search your boards by name, or simply scroll through a list of your boards
Crop your photo, enter your caption, and add a link.
Finally, adjust the scheduled time if needed, and hit Save to schedule your Pin!
Not signed up to Later yet? What are you waiting for! Start managing and scheduling your Pinsnow:
Create A Profile That Captures Your Business
The focus of Pinterest as a site for content curationwhere people are constantly looking to find content they love and want to sharemakes it a place where a lot of new people are going to be exposed to your business.
Heres how it works:
- Youre a bakery and you pin a picture of a fresh batch of muffins.
- My friend, whos already a customer and follows your Muffins board, sees the picture LOVES IT! and repins it to her Muffin Madness board.
- I, a lover of muffins, but not currently a customer of yours, see the picture LOVE IT!, repin it to my MMMuffin board and click on your name to find out who you are
So who are you? Tell me, or any customer: who you are, what you do, and why I should want to follow you or your boards.
Recommended Reading: How To Allow Access To Camera On Snapchat
How To Follow Pinners You Love
If you see a pin you love and want to follow the account, go to the pins description. The accounts name will be right before the description and there will be a Follow button next to the name you can quickly tap or click. The button will turn gray and will say Following to let you know the follow was successful.
Add Context To Your Content
Your should help tell the story of your article, recipe, or craft that youre sharing. The image is a breadcrumb leading to the main meal, and people dont want a surprise when they get there.
Adding a text overlay to your image can help add context. Make sure that your font is easy to read and that theres enough contrast for the text to be read easily. When adding text, think about how it will educate and inspire people this isnt the place for a pushy call to action.
Don’t Miss: Can Twitter Users See Who Viewed Their Profile
How To Create Pins That Are Not Only Going Viral On The Platform Itself But Also Can Generate A Ton Of Organic Traffic To Your Website
In other words, how should you design your pins to increase the click-through rate to your site?
But how can you convince and intrigue users to click-through?
1. The first thing you need to know is that text overlays significantly increase click-through rates. Even if you are posting a recipe pin, you still should add a text overlay to make it clear what kind of food is on the image is it a healthy meal? Is it suitable for any popular diet? Does it have a short preparation time? The text overlay can explain better what is on your image and can promise users solutions to their problems.
2. But text overlay can be done completely wrong and decrease the click-through. This happens when you are trying to give it all away in the pin image. Infographics often get a lot of shares and saves but not click-throughs specifically for this reason. If people get all they needed on the pin image, why would they click to your website? You have to give them a reason for this click give them 5 out of 10 tips and make it clear that theyll find the rest on your site.
3. Now, if you are driving traffic to a product, I recommend creating pins which show your products in a lifestyle image, not just a product on a white background. People will engage better with lifestyle pins, they will share them and click through better as well. On a product pin with a white background, the commercial side of the pin is too obvious and this may decrease your click-through rates.
Tips For Your Pin Design:
1. Use a big, bold font thats easy to see on mobile devices.
2. Make sure you use a vertical image size. 1000 x 1500 seems to be the sweet spot.
3. Include your website address somewhere on the pin. It helps with branding and also creates a watermark to help protect your work for theft.
If you dont want to create your own pins, you can hire someone to design them for you or purchase ready-made templates like these.
You May Like: How To Add Long Video To Facebook Story
Kick Your Copyright Fears
Many artists have steered clear of Pinterest after hearing rumors about artwork getting ripped off and spread over the internet without the artists getting credit. The Abundant Artists Cory Huff has acknowledged this issue, saying, If its a big deal for you, watermark your images. Simply use Canva to add in your website or art business name.
Art Biz Coach Alyson Stanfields advice? Be aware of whats happening on Pinterest! If you find that your work is being pinned on Pinterest without a proper link back to you, you have the right to ask that user to either remove the pin or provide correct attribution, advises Alyson.
Connect Your Touch Points
Pinners are shoppers. In fact, . So let them know that your business is there by linking to your Pinterest account on your website. Not connecting your website to your social networks is a bad practice for all social networks, but especially for Pinterest. Adding a Pinterest logo to your website will not only help drive traffic to your page, but will act as a reminder to people who visit your website to pin your content. Youll also want to make sure youre inserting a link in your email newsletter with a strong call to action.
You May Like: Music Story Facebook
What Size Are Board Covers
When it comes to creating your board cover, the best size to use is the same size as a standard pin. The maximum pin size you can use is a 2:3 aspect ratio or around 1000 x 1500 pixels.
If you make your board cover any bigger than that, or put it in a different aspect ratio, part of it will get cut off when viewed in peoples feeds.
Take Advantage Of Promoted Pins
If youre already using Pinterest for marketing purposes, you probably already have a business account. Its the first piece of advice Pinterest pros give, for good reason.
One of the perks of having a business account is being able to promote your pins.
Ready to start spreading your content far and wide?
From there, you can create your first promoted pin, and watch your number of followers start to accelerate.
Don’t Miss: How Can I See Who Searched Me On Instagram
Keep Up With The Community
Need a few ideas? Besides pinning articles from your own artist blog, make an Art Marketing board and save blogs from art business experts like Felicity OConnor or tips youve found useful on Artwork Archives blog. Make an inspirational board dedicated to art quotes and new piece ideas or your favorite Edgar Degas paintingsanything that illustrates who you are as an artist will bolster your brand.
Artwork Archive artist Kelly OBrien has featuring not only her own art, but inspiration.
Dont forget this last rule about pinning! It is always good manners when someone pins your art to leave a comment saying thank you and maybe even give them more information about the piece. Follow anyone in the artist communitylike interior designers and collectorsor any art-related board you find inspiring, because you never know what will lead someone to you or what will give you the next burst of inspiration.
Use The Follow Button
Make following your company easy with the Follow button. Install the button on your website, in newsletters, in email signatures, or really anywhere online that you think you might attract followers.
In other situations, you can also use the to promote your brands profile. Make sure to also link to Pinterest in the bios of your other social accounts.
Recommended Reading: How To Disable My Twitter Account
Jump On The Hashtag Bandwagon
Pinterest recently changed its tune on hashtags, and hashtags are now popping up on feeds everywhere. Theyre a way to see what pins are the newest and most relevant now that we cant see re-pin counts.
If you want to be found by followers who fall into your target audience, nows the time to dive onto the hashtag bandwagon.
You can use relevant hashtags in your pin descriptions like these pinners have:
To use hashtags type # and then the keyword you want to use. Youll notice itll provide popular suggestions. Those will be the types of hashtags people will be plugging into the search bar so select them strategically.
Want to learn more? Check out our guide to .
Start Your Own Group Board
Group boards are all the rage and can be marketing power-houses if used correctly. And theyre known for increasing website traffic like nobodys business.
But are you aware of their potential to amplify your followers?
To start a group board, you can do it one of two ways:
- Start a new board
- Use a board you already own
Once you have a board created, click on the plus sign to start adding contributors:
The key to using your group board to gaining new followers?
State clearly in your board guidelines that to join they must follow the board and you. This is standard among group board creators, and its one of the quickest ways to accumulate followers quickly.
Recommended Reading: If You Block Someone On Snapchat Can They See Your Messages
Display Ads With Mediavine:
I switched from Google Adsense to Mediavine after hitting 25,000 monthly sessions back in July. It takes 3-4 weeks to make the switch.
Mediavine requires your blog to be at least 3-4 months old with a minimum of 25,000 monthly sessions .
As I increased my Pinterest traffic to my blog a few months after July, I started earning a passive income online of at least $1,000+ USD per month by displaying ads like the one you see here
I definitely saw a HUGE improvement in ad earnings once I made the switch from Google Adsense to Mediavine!
See below for my results