How To Add Music To An Instagram Story With And Without Stickers
In 2018, Instagram introduced the option to share music on Stories, allowing users to add their favorite songs to their photos and videos. This move allowed Instagrammers to access thousands of songs and gave them the ability to share their Stories in a new, musical way.
In this guide, well go over exactly how to add music to an Instagram Story, and well share how to troubleshoot issues that may be preventing you from doing so.
How To Share A Spotify Song On Your Instagram Story
If youre more of a Spotify user, youll be happy to learn that sharing a song from that platform is just as straightforward. Heres how to do it:
Following these instructions will share your song choice to your Stories. Once again, its important to note that the song wont play directly on your Stories, but if a user taps on that Story, it will redirect them to the song on Spotify.
How To Play Music From Soundcloud On Your Story
Just like Apple Music and Spotify, the instructions for sharing SoundCloud songs on your Stories are easy to follow. And, like music shared from those platforms, songs from SoundCloud will not play on your Stories. Instead, followers who tap on the Story will be redirected to the song in SoundCloud.
Heres how to share a song on your Stories through SoundCloud:
Adding music to an Instagram Story is a great way to elevate your content and make it unique. Whether youre sharing your current favorite song or adding some background music to a video, we hope this guide helps you take your Stories to the next level. And if you want to make a video Story with your favorite track, check out the music video editors that help you do just that.
Don’t Miss: What Does The Grey Arrow Mean On Snapchat
Why Cant I Add Music To My Instagram Story
Trying to add music to your Instagram Story but having trouble? There could be a few reasons why youre experiencing that glitch:
- Your app isnt up to date. If you cant find the music sticker in your Stories, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app first. Sometimes a quick update is all thats needed to bring your music-adding capabilities back.
- The music feature is not available in your country. If you reinstall the app and theres still no sticker, it could be because your country isnt on the list of those that can access music for Stories. Right now, the feature is available in only 60 countries, including the United States, New Zealand, France, Australia, Great Britain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Japan, and Portugal. If your country is not on the list, you can use ClearVPN and its shortcut Unlock Instagram Music. Once you hit that shortcut, ClearVPN will connect your iPhone to the IP of a country where Instagram music stickers are available.
How To Add Music Lyrics To Your Story
If youre struggling to figure out how to add a songs lyrics to your Stories, dont worry. Below are instructions for how to find and use that editing feature:
Its important to note that the song wont play directly on your Stories, but if a user taps on that Story, it will take them to Apple Music, where they can play it.
Also Check: How To View Private Twitter Without Following
How To Add A Music Sticker To An Instagram Story
The process of adding a music sticker to your Instagram Story is straightforward:
When selecting a song for your Story, you have the option to listen to a preview before adding it. All you have to do is press the play button to the right of the song.
How To Edit The Music Sticker In Your Story
When adding a music sticker to your Story, youll probably notice that there are a few options to edit the song you chose. In addition to rewinding and fast-forwarding through the song to select the precise clip you want to use, you can also choose:
- The length of the clip
- The color of the music sticker
- The size and type of sticker
- Whether you want the lyrics displayed instead of the sticker
- The color and font of the lyrics
Heres how to edit your music sticker:
If you want to have music on your Instagram Story but dont want a sticker to be visible, you can drag the sticker off the screen. It will disappear from the Story preview display, but after it publishes, youll still hear the music and see the song title and artist at the top of the screen.
Don’t Miss: How To Unblock People On Twitter