What Can Be Included In An Instagram Story
While videos make perfect sense for Instagram Stories, non-moving images can also be featured in them.
You can also decorate Instagram Stories with a bunch of stickersâmost of them are animated.
Some examples of stickers you can use are:
- Music. Embed an audio clip from a popular song to make Instagram Stories extra impactful. If you want, the sticker can also show the songâs lyrics.
- Mention. Tag another Instagram account, like an influencer or a partner brand, in your clients Story. Tagged accounts can also share the content in their own Instagram Stories feed.
- GIF. Insert animated GIFs from popular sources, from movies to original artworks, into your clientâs Instagram Story. GIFs make Stories relatable and more entertaining overall.
- Link. Yesâyou can also embed links in Instagram Stories to show users how to move forward with the information you presented. Adding links is a great way to make your clientâs social media marketing efforts directly result in conversions.
- Questions. Include the to spur user engagement and extract valuable insights. Alternatively, you can run polls or quizzes for more unique experiences.
If you need more than one photo for the Instagram Story experience youâre planning, thereâs nothing stopping you from using two or more.
Post Multiple Pictures On Instagram
Why Should You Add Multiple Photos To An Instagram Story
Understanding how to add multiple photos to the Instagram story will not only save you time but allow you to post more images or content for your audience and, as a result, generate more Instagram story engagement.
After youve posted many photos to an Instagram story, you should start tracking them so you can see which ones are operating and which arent.
You May Like: How To Log Out Of Pinterest On All Devices
How To Add More Than One Photo To Instagram Story
This method is slightly different from the previous three methods. Youll be directly posting from your photos app in this case. Follow the instructions to know more. Do note that this method is only valid for Android users.
- Step 1: Open the photos app on your phone.
- Step 2: Select multiple photos if you want them to add as separate slides to your story. Select a single image if you wish to add multiple images on a single slide.
- Step 3: Click on the share button and select Instagram stories.
- Step 4: The selected picture will appear on the Storyboard
- Step 5: Click on the picture to adjust the image.
- Step 6: To add more images to the slide, click on the sticker icon on the top bar and go to photo stickers.
- Step 7: Select the second image and adjust it to fit with the previous image
- Step 8: Click on the Next button once you have added everything to the slide.
- Step 9: Click on Send to post the image as your story
How To Add Multiple Photos To An Instagram Story Using The Layout Feature
Layout is a feature within the Instagram app that helps you organize multiple photos in your Instagram Stories. With this option, you can create a grid-like structure or collages and add multiple photos to your Story.
If youve never used the option, here’s how to access it to post many photos at once in your Story:
Read Also: What Does The Gray Box Mean On Snapchat
Reasons That You Cannot Add Several Photos To Your Story
The introduction of multiple photo features in Instagram stories is still under process throughout the world. This is one of the main reasons that it is not available to you where you live. For instance, if you dont see the multiple photo icon whenever you are uploading your stories then try updating your Instagram app to the latest version. If the feature still doesnt appear then it means that the feature is still being introduced in your area and you have to wait in order to use this feature. But, you can use other options that are mentioned above which are also very easy to implement and can help you achieve your goal without wasting time. You should keep one thing in mind that you can only upload 10 pictures at a time, not more than that. Unfortunately, you can not add more photos to an Instagram post that has already been created and posted. If you wish to add more photos, you are only left with the option of deleting the original post and creating a new one with additional photos. Follow the above-mentioned simple steps and enjoy!
Select Your Photos / Videos
You can choose to take new photos for your Instagram image if you wish. If so, frame your intended photo image and take your picture.
Alternatively, you can go into your photo library/photo roll to find existing photos on your device. You will find the icon for your photo roll as the leftmost of the bottom icons. Tap on this and your photo roll will open, with your latest pictures showing first. You should also see a button at the top right of this screen with the label, SELECT MULTIPLE.
You can now work your way through your images, clicking the ones that you want to include in this Story. Each time you click on an image, a number will appear in the top right corner of it. This indicates the order in which your photos will upload.
Once you have selected all the photos you want to include, tap on the NEXT button in the bottom right. You can then cycle through each picture you have chosen. If you are unhappy with the order of your images, you can go back in. Deselect the pictures you wish to alter, and then reselect your chosen photos in your preferred sequence.
Read Also: What Does A Gray Snapchat Mean
How To Post Multiple Photos On Instagram In 2021
Sharing multiple images on your Instagram Stories or posts is a time-saving process that will help you increase engagement and create a cohesive theme within your content. There are several ways how to add multiple photos to your Instagram Stories or your posts. Well give you step-by-step instructions for each of them so you can choose the method that works best for you.
Bonus Tip: Free Download Multiple Instagram Photos & Videos
As is mentioned above, you can download some funny Instagram Stories from others accounts and enjoy them offline. Similarly, you are able to and videos from regular posts for offline watching.
Here I introduce you an easy tool IOTransfer, which allows you to download videos from many popular sites like YouTube, Facebook, and much more. Follow the guide on how to download multiple Instagram photos and videos all at once.
Step 1. Download and launch IOTransfer
Free download and install IOTransfer on your computer running Windows 7/8/8.1/10, and launch the program.
Step 2. Choose Instagram photos or videos you want to download
Click the “TOOLS” icon at the top of the home page and tap on “Start” under “Instagram Downloader”. Then paste the Instagram post URL into the blank bar and click the “Fetch” icon.
Read Also: How To Merge 2 Instagram Accounts
How To Post Multiple Pictures Without Cropping
Once upon a time, you could only add multiple photos if they fit the square format that Instagram is famous for. Instagram no longer requires you to use square photos for multiple photos. The caveat is that all the photos will be created in the same aspect ratio as the first photo that you choose:
How To Add Multiple Pictures Using The Upload Multiple Pictures Feature
This is probably the easiest way you can upload multiple pictures to your Instagram story. Follow these steps below to know-how!
- Step 1: Click on the Instagram app on your Android or IOS mobile device and log into your Instagram account.
- Step 2: Swipe right to open Instagram stories
- Step 3: Click on the Add Image icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Step 4: Click on the Upload Multiple Pictures button.
- Step 5: Select the pictures you want to add to your story
- Step 6: Click on the Next button
- Step 7: Once you have selected all the images and added all the text and stickers you wish to add, click on send to post the pictures as your Instagram Story
Note: Using this method you can post multiple pictures at once but all the pictures will be posted as separate story slides.
Also Check: Can You Mute Someone On Instagram
Creating Layers With Stickers
How To Add Multiple Photos To One Instagram Story
Instagram Stories are a great source for reach and engagement. In this article, we’ll teach you how to maximize that engagement by adding multiple photos to a single Instagram Story using the native editing in the app as well as online tools.
Instagram Stories are a great way to engage with your audience and extend your reach, especially when you use the interactive native features, like polls, questions, and quizzes. Sometimes though, the native Instagram Stories format just doesn’t cut it if you want to do more than share a single photo at a time.
This is especially true now that .
Whether you’re using Stories as a place to photo dump all the pics you didn’t add to your feed or you’re announcing a new product launch, you’ll want to get the most out of the new three Stories limited view. One solution is to add multiple photos to one Story, either as a collage or as a slideshow.
In this article, we’ll cover two different ways to add multiple photos to your Instagram Stories, using both the Instagram app and free online tools:
Let’s get into it.
Recommended Reading: Snapchat Symbols And What They Mean
Multiple Photos Instagram Faqs
Why is Instagram not letting me post multiple photos?
Many possibilities can cause this, but they all have a fix as the feature is available for all users and devices. Try updating your app or search for advice on forums about troubleshooting with your specific phone.
Is it better to post one picture or multiple pictures on Instagram?
It all depends on what you want to show and how you want to tell that story there isnt a better way. Its a style choice in the case of a personal account or a marketing strategy in the case of a business account.
How do you post multiple images of different sizes to Instagram?
If your images have different sizes, Instagram will crop them when you upload your post. If you dont want this to happen, you should use a photo editor to resize your images before uploading them to Instagram.
How do you not crop photos on Instagram multiple?
If you dont want Instagram to crop your photos when youre uploading them on Instagram multiple, you need to format them as a square image beforehand. Youll be able to do that with any photo editing app or software.
How To Lay Out Your Instagram Stories
Instagram is changing the functionality of its app so frequently that its sometimes difficult to catch up. One of the newer Instagram features that you might not have tried yet is called Instagram Layout.
Basically, you can use the Instagram Layout tool to create custom collages of your favorite photos and post them as Stories.
Heres how to use it:
Alternatively, you can use the sticker functionality instead:
This process works in the official Instagram iPhone app, but what if you want to share on Mac instead? Here, once again, the Instagram Mac client, Grids, will help you.
Grids integrates the whole posting process, from choosing high-quality photos and videos to editing how they look and adding captions. You can post multiple photos and videos too, as well as add emojis and hashtags. Whats more, Grids is the only app that allows you to post Stories from Mac.
Also Check: What Is Ft On Snapchat
How To Use The Photo Sticker On Your Instagram Stories
You can upload multiple pictures as one story.
To add multiple pictures to a single Instagram story, youll need to use the sticker feature.
When using the sticker, youll need to modify the multiple photos individually.
Heres how you can add additional photos to a single Instagram story:
- Step 1: On the left-hand side, tap the + sign on your profile picture .
- Step 2: Tap on the gallery icon to add a single image.
- Step 3: Tap on the photo that will serve as the starting point .
- Step 4: With two fingers, tap on the first photo to adjust the side.
- Step 5: Tap the sticker icon and search for the photo sticker.
- Step 6: With this sticker feature, you can add more pictures to a single story.
- Step 7: Use the sticker again to add more pictures.
- Step 8: Share them!
Thats how you layer pictures on the same screen of an Instagram story.
You can modify and play with different stickers to add additional elements to a post.
How Many Pictures Can You Add To An Instagram Story
You can only add ten photos to a story post.
The app will notify you when you reach the limit after selecting the last photo.
However, at any given time, you can change your selection or discard the entire story.
Before you add multiple photos to a story, make sure you have pictured what you want to do.
You could end up with a messy collage if you just stick random photos to one slide.
Recommended Reading: How To Sort Pinterest Boards Alphabetically 2016