Instagram App Penetration Rates Vs Smartphone Users
Below, we see Instagrams estimated penetration rates in the top countries by the number of Instagram users.
Some developing countries have HUGE populations but low smartphone adoption rates. Like parent company Facebook, these territories are where Instagram will see the most growth in years to come:
% Of Online Canadian Adults Have A Twitter Account
Like their American counterparts, Canadian Twitter users are likely to have a high annual income and a college degree.
Bonus:Download the free 30-day plan to grow your Twitter following fast, a daily workbook that will help you establish a Twitter marketing routine and track your growth, so you can show your boss real results after one month.
How Much Time Do People Spend On Tiktok
Globally, the average time spent on TikTok per day is 52 minutes, with 90% of users accessing it on a daily basis. Its average session time of 10.85 minutes makes it the most engaging social media app available today. In the US, on average TikTok users spend 46 minutes per day using the app, opening the service 8 times a day on average.
You May Like: How Do You See Who You Blocked On Facebook
Twitters Monthly Active Users
Monthly active users is a figure that shows many unique users Twitter receives in a given month. Information in this section provides an overview of Twitters overall user base.
- Twitter has 353.1 million monthly active users
- 8% of internet users access Twitter at least once per month
- In the US, 96% of Twitter users access the platform at least monthly
Us Adult Twitter Users Are Younger And More Likely To Be Democrats Than The General Public Most Users Rarely Tweet But The Most Prolific 10% Create 80% Of Tweets From Adult Us Users
Twitter is a modern public square where many voices discuss, debate and share their views. Media personalities, politicians and the public turn to social networks for real-time information and reactions to the days events. But compared with the U.S. public overall, which voices are represented on Twitter?
To examine this question, Pew Research Center conducted a nationally representative survey of 2,791 U.S. adult Twitter users who were willing to share their Twitter handles.1 The design of this survey provides a unique opportunity to measure the characteristics and attitudes of Twitter users in the United States and link those observations to actual Twitter behaviors, such as how often users tweet or how many accounts they follow.
The analysis indicates that the are representative of the broader population in certain ways, but not others. Twitter users are younger, more likely to identify as Democrats, more highly educated and have higher incomes than U.S. adults overall. Twitter users also differ from the broader population on some key social issues. For instance, Twitter users are somewhat more likely to say that immigrants strengthen rather than weaken the country and to see evidence of racial and gender-based inequalities in society. But on other subjects, the views of Twitter users are not dramatically different from those expressed by all U.S. adults.
How Pew Research Center linked survey data with social media accounts
You May Like: How Do I Know If Im Blocked On Whatsapp
Top Tiktok Downloads By Country
- TikTok & Douyin is now in 141 of 155 countries available and comes in 39 languages.
- India is the most significant contributor to TikTok installs, with 611 million downloads to date, one-third of all smartphone users in India have downloaded TikTok.
- In 2019, 323 million TikTok downloads came from India, 43.76% of the 738 million global installs that year.
- China is the second-largest country for downloads for Douyin at 196.6 million to date; figures exclude third-party installs.
- The United States is the third-largest country for downloads, accumulating 165 million installs since launch, followed by Canada and the UK in the 4th and 5th place.
#covid19 Was The Most
#COVID19 was used nearly 400 million times.
Pew Research found that #BlackLivesMatter was used an average of 3.7 million times per day from May 26 to June 7.
#StayHome was number 3.
With critical topics dominating the discussion, brands need to tread lightly and think carefully about how they use social platforms. As we explain in our 2021 Social Trends Report, silence can be golden.
Read Also: How To Create Another Instagram Account
How Many People In China Use Douyin
- Chinas version of TikTok, Douyin, has 600 million daily active users as of August 2020. The number of users is up from 300 million in June 2018 and 250 million in January 2019.
- 64.73% of Chinas 926.84 million social media users will log into TikTok at least once a day, says Bytedance.
- Douyins 22 million creators have earned a total of 41.7 billion yuan over the past year.
Twitter Has An Advertising Audience Of 353 Million
That number is up 8% since Q3 2020, an increase of 27 million users.
This number is an extrapolation by Hootsuite and We Are Social based on Twitters self-serve advertising tools.
The number Twitter itself publishes to describe its audience is monetizable daily active users . That number is 187 million as of , a 29% increase year-over-year.
You May Like: How To Get My Twitter Url
Us Instagram Monthly Active User Growth Rate
- 2023s estimated growth is +1.8% in US Instagram users
- 2022s estimated growth is +2.2% in US Instagram users
- 2021s growth is +3.7% in US Instagram users
- 2020s growth is +6.2% in US Instagram users
*Estimated growth data from eMarketer
As the platform has become more accessible to the world with new features like instant translation, Instagram has seen some impressive growth outside of the US.
What you have to consider with Instagrams growth is that there are only 3.5 billion smartphone users worldwide, and so far, a whopping 28.57% of them have the app.
Twitters Daily Active Users
Daily active users indicate the number of unique visitors Twitter receives on a 24-hour basis. Twitter discloses the monetizable daily active usage , which defines as a number of logged accounts that were identified by Twitter and were able to show ads.
- Twitter has 192 million daily active users
- Twitter has 187 million monetizable daily active users worldwide
- In the US, Twitter has 36 million monetizable daily active users
- Internationally , Twitter has 152 million monetizable daily active users
- In the US, 52% of Twitter users report using Twitter daily.
You May Like: How To Make An Organization Page On Linkedin
Douyin Monthly Active User Growth
According to a spokesperson from Bytedance, Douyins figures highlight its 500% growth since 2016 for TikToks Chinese version of the app.
- Douyin launches in China.
- monthly users.
- 150% increase.
- 60% increase.
- 50% increase.
Its no doubt that Bytedances app has crushed it, but its impressive how much. Since launching in 2016, TikTok has surpassed these social network startups in monthly active users, and these guys had a HUGE head start:
- Launched in 2006 340 million active users
- Linkedin Launched in 2003 310 million active users
- Reddit Launched in 2005 430 million active users
- Launched in 2010 322 million active users
- Snapchat Launched in 2011 382 million active users
According to the data website Alexa, TikTok is now the 165th most visited website in the world too.
Demographics: Tiktok Users By Age
Even though more adults adopt the app, only 15% of their user base is aged 35 and over. In fact, 69% of TikTok users are aged 13-24, with over 30% of its user base being Gen Z .
Heres a full breakdown:
- 27% of people aged 13-17 have active accounts.
- 42% of people aged 18-24 have active accounts.
- 16% of people aged 25-34 have active accounts.
- 8% of people aged 35-44 have active accounts.
- 3% of people aged 45-54 have active accounts.
- 4% of people aged 55+ have active accounts.
In the U.S., TikTok is still dominant with generation Z. 60% of Americas monthly active users are aged between 16 and 24, according to parent company Bytedance.
Other U.S. specific figures suggest that 63.5% of the monthly active users are aged 10-24 years old with a staggering 52% being iPhone owners.
Between 2018-2020, the number of American adults using TikTok grew 5.5 times.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect With Someone On Linkedin
% Of Americans Get Their News From Twitter
And worldwide, 12% of people use Twitter as a news source. That puts Twitter behind Facebook , YouTube , and WhatsApp .
Its interesting to note that Instagram is gaining on Twitter as a news source, with the two networks almost tied for news use since 2019.
Heres a different but related stat: regularly get news from the platform. Thats the highest among social networks.
So, Twitter is not the social network Americans use. But getting news is a key feature of the platform for existing Twitter users.
% Of Twitters Audience Is 25
Thats the largest age segment, closely followed by the 35- to 49-year-olds at 28.2%.
Men outnumber women in all age categories, but especially in these two largest cohorts.
In the United States, Twitter users are much more likely to lean to the left of the political spectrum. Of U.S. adult Twitter users, 65% are Democrats or lean Democratic, and 33% are Republicans or lean Republican.
The Democrats on Twitter also lean further left than their non-Twitter peers.
Also Check: How To Link Instagram To Facebook Page
How Many Americans Use Tiktok
- 37.36% of Americas 267.6 million mobile internet users access TikTok at least once a month.
- TikTok has 50 million daily active users in the U.S., meaning 18.68% of Americans with mobile internet users log in every day.
- TikToks Gen Z penetration is high in America, with 49% of teenagers stating they have used the app.
- Americans 18 and over will spend 1.43 billion hours on TikTok in March 2020.
Douyin, Chinas name for the app, became the most popular short video app in just 500 days. Launching into China 2016, lets have a look at the official number of Douyin active users:
Twitter Products Consist Of:
- Promoted Tweets: These appear within a users timeline, search results, or profile pages just like an ordinary Tweet regardless of device. Twitter has added product features to Promoted Tweets based on advertiser objectives, which include Tweet engagements retweets, replies and likes, website clicks or conversions, mobile application installs or engagements, obtaining new followers, or video views.
- Promoted Accounts: These appear in the same format and place as accounts suggested by the Who to Follow recommendation engine, or in some cases, in Tweets in a users timeline. Promoted Accounts offer a way for advertisers on the platform to grow a community of users who are interested in their business, products, or services.
- Promoted Trends: These appear at the top of the list of trending topics or timeline for an entire day in a particular country or on a global basis. When a user clicks on a Promoted Trends, search results for that trend are shown in a timeline and a Promoted Tweet created by advertisers is displayed to the user at the top of those search results.
In Q2 2020, Twitter launched a set of features to help people discover Lists of a curated group of Twitter accounts related to their interests.
, in Q2 2019, the US advertising revenue totaled $283 Mn, whereas the international ad revenue was $279 Mn.
, the video ads format declined year-over-year but was the major part of the ad revenue of the Q2 2020.
Social Media Users In The United States Of America
There were 230.0;million social media users in the United States of America in January 2020.
The number of social media users in the United States of America increased by 6.9;million between April 2019 and January 2020.
Social media penetration in the United States of America stood at 70% in January 2020.
How Many People Use Twitter In 2021
The first tweet was sent by Jack Dorsey on March 21, 2006.
It took 3 years, 2 months and 1 day to reach the milestone of having one billion total tweets on the platform.
Twitter went public in November 2013. At that time, Twitter had around 200 million users.
Fast forward to today, and Twitter is among the top 3 social networking apps in the United States. And boasts over 350 million active users.
Youll find out the latest information on Twitter demographics and usage data on this page. After reading some of these stats, it should be clear why Twitters market cap is over $40 billion.
Heres a breakdown of what youll learn below:
- Twitter currently has 353 million monthly active users. Up from 54 million in 2010.
- Twitter brought in $3.72 billion in revenue last year .
- 187 million users access Twitter daily. 80% of them are not based in the US
- Twitter is most popular among users aged 25-34
- 10% of the worldwide social media users access Twitter
- Worldwide, men use Twitter more than women
- Quarterly Twitter revenue is nearly $1 billion
- In the US, 80% of tweets come from the top 10% of users
- On average, Twitter US users spend 158.2 minutes per month on the app
- In the US, Twitter app was downloaded over 6 million times in Q4 2020. The vast majority of app downloads were from the App Store
Recommended Reading: How Do I Know My Whatsapp Number
Number Of Twitter Users
There are currently 199 million monetizable daily active users on Twitter .;Twitters numbers have been on a gradual rise ever since its launch back in 2006, apart from a few drops from 2015. This trend would continue until the platform hit its peak in Q1 2018 when it clocked in 336 million monthly active users.;;
The platform hit a downward trend, and by the end of 2018, the numbers fell to 321 million monthly active users. Twitter reported that the decline in the number of monthly active users was mainly related to its;crackdown on spam and bot accounts.;;
What followed was a slight recovery to 330 million monthly active users inQ1 2019, after which Twitter changed its reporting method to Monetizable Daily Active Users. The numbers thereafter would be reported as 145 million in;mDAUs;in Q3 2019.;
The latest figures indicate that the average monetizable DAU reached 199 million, up 20% year-over-year from 192 million;mDAUs;in Q4 2020 .;
Twitter Users Are Younger More Educated And More Likely To Be Democrats Than General Public
U.S. adult Twitter users differ in significant ways from the overall U.S. adult population. Most notably, Twitter users are much younger than the average U.S adult and are also more likely than the general public to have a college degree. The median age of adult U.S. Twitter users is 40, while the median U.S. adult is 47 years old. Put differently, the U.S. adult population is nearly equally divided between those ages 18 to 49 and those ages 50 and older. But Twitter users are nearly three times as likely to be younger than 50 as to be 50 or older .
Although less pronounced than these differences in age, Twitter users also tend to have higher levels of household income and educational attainment relative to the general adult population. Some 42% of adult Twitter users have at least a bachelors degree 11 percentage points higher than the overall share of the public with this level of education . Similarly, the number of adult Twitter users reporting a household income above $75,000 is 9 points greater than the same figure in the general population: 41% vs. 32%. But the gender and racial or ethnic makeup of Twitter users is largely similar to the adult population as a whole.
Twitter users more likely to be Democrats
Twitter users have somewhat different attitudes than the general population
Also Check: How Do I Use Instagram
Tiktok Demographics Statistics: How Many People Use Tiktok In 2021
Something SUPER special happened in 2016.
It was a tale of how one app under two names became the fastest growing social media application of all time, TikTok , and Douyin .
In fact, TikTok / Douyin amassed over 2 billion downloads and penetrated one-third of all social media users on this planet in less than four short years.
It took Facebook and Instagram almost a decade to get a user base that size; it seems TikTok really knew how to work the social media growth playbook.
In this statistic roundup, youll learn:
So, without further ado, heres a roundup of the most newsworthy and jaw-dropping stats about this social media sensation.
Lets dive right in:
Twitters Growth And Revenue Statistics
Twitter has experienced large growth from the beginning of its operations, though it seems that recently the growth rate has slowed down as more social networks are becoming popular online.;
- 4 years after Twitters launch in 2006, Twitter began to focus on monetizing the platform more seriously with promotions of trends, accounts, and Tweets.
- In November 2013, Twitter priced its single IPO share at $26 USD.
- In December 2018, the price had risen to $35.87 USD.;
- The revenue for the first quarter of 2019 was $786.9 million USD.
- Compared with the previous quarter, this is a 13% decrease in revenue.
- User growth predictions for the future are small, with less than just 1% of increase people using the platform in the United States.;
- It was only in 2017 that Twitter became profitable. Its first profit was $91 million USD, and since then, it has been profitable each financial quarter.
- The majority of the revenue made by Twitter is from advertising, as with most other social media platforms.
Also Check: How To Join Group Boards On Pinterest