Australian Linkedin Advertising Statistics
- Total audience: 60.7% of the population in January 2021
- LinkedIn is one of only three major global social network where Australia ranks in the top 20 countries for advertising reach.
- Australia is the 12 largest LinkedIn advertising reach market in the world.
LinkedIn Australian Advertising Audience By Seniority
|High level individuals||1.4 million|
Note that numbers will not add to 11 million as data not available on all users.
LinkedIn Advertising Costs and Conversion Rates Q2 2021
- Average Cost per Click: USD5.58
- Senior decision-makers: $6.40
Social Media Statistics You Must Know In 2021
We are well into 2021, and so far, it has not been much different from 2020.
The year of the pandemic saw huge shifts in society and businesses. Online activity also surged to record highs due to stay-at-home advisories across the world.
This was reflected in online engagement numbers for various social media platforms. People were spending more time and sharing more content online than ever before. Nowhere is this more evident than in the social media statistics of last year.
This posed an interesting challenge for brands and businesses. With more people spending time online, brands shifted their social media strategies to maximize business growth in uncertain times.
To help you make the most of this transformed landscape, Ive compiled a detailed list of social media statistics based on last years usage. The insights drawn from these can help you better understand your target market and audience and create a winning social media strategy.
These social media statistics can help you answer important questions such as:
- Which platform is best suited for marketing your brand?
- How much engagement can you expect from different social media platforms?
- Which social media platform is most frequented by your ideal audience?
And many more!
To help you easily navigate and process insights generated from these social media statistics, Ive divided them into different sections:
Where To Find Updated Overall Social Media Statistics
Quarterly reports: , , , Snap
Nov. 4, 2021: Pinterests monthly active user count , down 10 million from the previous reporting period.
Oct. 26, 2021: Twitter reports 211 million monetizable daily active users, up 13 percent from a year ago.
Oct. 25, 2021: Snapchat reports 306 million daily active users, up 23 percent from a year ago. This marked Snapchats fourth consecutive quarter of at least 20% year-over-year user growth.
Sept. 15, 2021: Chat app Discord is valued at $15 billion and has more than 150 million monthly active users.
Feb. 4, 2021: Snap says its TikTok competitor, Spotlight, had 100 million users in January 2021, just two months after it launched.
Feb. 3, 2021: Spotify has 155 million premium subscribers and 345 million monthly active users.
Dec. 1, 2020: Reddit has 52 million daily active users.
Oct. 28, 2020: Pinterest added 26 million active users in Q3, taking it to a new high of 442 million monthly active users.
Oct. 28, 2020: LinkedIn reports 722 million members and record levels of engagement.
Oct. 20, 2020: Snapchat daily active users climbed by 18 percent year-over-year to 249 million.
August 24, 2020: TikTok has 100 million monthly active users in the U.S. and 50 million daily active users in the U.S. Globally, TikTok has 689 million monthly active users. More details here.
April 30, 2020: Twitter reports 166 million daily users.
Feb. 26, 2020: TikToks US user base will grow 21.9% this year to 45.4 million people.
Also Check: How Do I Know If Someone Blocked Me On Snapchat
Key Australian Twitter Advertising Statistics
- Australia is not in the top 20 Twitter advertising audience reach markets in the world.
- Total Australian Twitter advertising audience reach is 2.9 million or 13.6% of the population aged 13+
- From January 2020 to July 2020 Twitter fell out of the top 50 most trafficked sites in Australia. Twitter does not have the same influence in Australia as it does in other geographies.
- Twitter has an estimated 5% market share of the Australian Social Media Advertising market.
Key Australian Snapchat Advertising Statistics
- Total Australian snapchat advertising audience reach is: 6.80 million, up 50,000 in the last 12 months
- Australia has the 17th largest Snapchat advertising audience reach market in the world. Down two spots in the last 12 months.
- Snapchat is one of only three major global social networks where Australia ranks in the top 20 countries for advertising reach.
- Snapchat has an estimated 5% market share of the Australian Social Media Advertising market.
Read Also: How To See Someones Private Twitter
Key Australian Facebook Facts
- Facebook is Australias most popular social network with 66%, or 16 million, Australians using Facebook on a monthly basis. This is steady on the previous period
- Facebook is Australias 3rd highest trafficked site after Google and YouTube.
- Australia Facebook users are the fourth most active Likers in the world an average of 15 likes per month vs the global average of 12.
- Australia Facebook users are equal 6th most active commenters in the world an average of 8 comments per month vs the global average of just 5. This has declined in the last 12 months by 1 comment per month
- Visitors spend an average of 18 min 49 secs and view 8.29 pages per day on Facebook
Social Media Statistics For Australia
No business can afford to ignore social media as part of its marketing mix. But, unless you are a global multinational, it is also impossible to effectively manage all of the social media networks that are on offer.
To be most effective, companies and their should look to be active in two or, at most, three networks and distribute their content marketing assets in a focused way. This allows you to become proficient in the nuances of the those platforms and maximise results.
The difficulty for Australian organisations is understanding the nuances of which social media channels are most effective and active locally. Typically the published social media statistics focus on a United States or global centric view of the data.
This post collates Australian social media statistics from across a wide variety of sources. We have then analysed those statistics to provide recommendations to for businesses on which platform are most effective in different use cases.
Read Also: Whatsapp What Does One Check Mean
The Rise Of Social Media
Facebook, the largest social media platform in the world, has 2.4 billion users. Other social media platforms including Youtube and Whatsapp also have more than one billion users each.
These numbers are huge there are 7.7 billion people in the world, with at least 3.5 billion of us online. This means social media platforms are used by one-in-three people in the world, and more than two-thirds of all internet users.
Social media has changed the world. The rapid and vast adoption of these technologies is changing how we find partners, how we access information from the news, and how we organize to demand political change.
Who uses social media? When did the rise of social media start and what are the largest sites today? Here we answer these and other key questions to understand social media use around the world.
We begin with an outline of key trends and conclude with a perspective on the rate of adoption of social media relative to other modern communication technologies.
Social media started in the early 2000s
The first social media site to reach a million monthly active users was MySpace it achieved this milestone around 2004. This is arguably the beginning of social media as we know it.1
In the interactive chart below we plot monthly active users, by platform, since 2004. You can use the slider to focus on particular years, and you can click the + Add option to change series and track the evolution of other social media platforms.
Australian Facebook Advertising Statistics
- Total audience : 18 million
- Australia Facebook users are some of the most active advert clickers in the world an average of 22 adverts clicked per month vs the global average of 12. This is in the top 8% of countries globally.
- Facebook has an estimated 80% market share of the Australian Social Media Advertising market.
Facebook Australian Advertising Audience By Education
- University Graduate: 5.1 million
Facebook Advertising Costs and Conversion Rates Q3 2020
- Average Cost per Click: USD0.39
- Lead gen cost per complete:USD0.67
Also Check: How To Delete Twitter Notifications
Australian Social Media Usage By Age
Australians are avid users of Social Media. As might be expected younger people are more likely to use social media.
However, when overall population dynamics are included the over representation of younger users in social media usage is much more muted. Its really only at age 65+ that usage drops off dramatically as a proportion of overall population.
Australian Social Media Account Statistics
- In January 2021, 20.5 million Australians, were active users of social media. Thats 79.9% of the overall Australian population with with social media accounts.
- In demographic terms, 96.4% of Australian internet users between 16 and 64 accessed a social media network or messaging service in December 2020. .
- 33% of Australians state they use Social Media when looking for information about a brand.
- 98% of Australian users access social media via a mobile device.
- There are ~1.26 mobile connections for every man, woman and child in Australia .
- Australians spend an average of 1 hour 48 minutes per day on social media, and is flat over the last 12 months .
- Australians have one of the lowest number of social media accounts per person in the world and India
- 52% of Australians use Social Media as a source of news. This is just below the worldwide average of 55%
- 30% more Australians trust their social media news sources than those in the USA but only 73% as many Australians trust their social media news sources than those in The Netherlands.
- Australians are concerned about real or fake online news at about the same rate as those in the United States.
Read Also: Bullet Points In Linked In
Key Australian Linkedin Facts
- LinkedIn is Australias premier B2B Social Media platform.
- Visitors spend an average of 10 min 42 secs and view 8.52 pages per day on LinkedIn
- 59% of LinkedIn Users return fewer than 3 times a week.
- LinkedIn has an estimated 5% market share of the Australian Social Media Advertising market.
The implication for B2B business using LinkedIn is that they need to post new content several times a week to ensure that it gets in front of the majority of uses in the infrequent number of times they visit the site.
Average number of LinkedIn contacts in Australia as of April 2018, by age group
Australian Social Media Average Time On Site And Traffic Ranks
Its not surprising that social media sites are some of the most commonly accessed in Australia. Below is an analysis of traffic rank Vs the average daily site visit time.
Of course, higher trafficked sites with longer visit times are of most interest to companies wishing to leverage marketing opportunities.
There are several items of particular note in this analysis:
- Youtube, not normally considered a social media site has a long dwell time and offers good opportunities for B2B marketers.
- Reddit, also has a very high traffic and dwell time and may present good opportunities for marketers.
- , while not being the highest traffic site, has a respectable dwell time of high value B2B users.
- Between January 2020 to July 2020, Twitter fell out of the top 50 most trafficked sites in Australia. Twitter does not have the same influence in Australia as it does in other geographies.
- In Australia in July 2021 the daily average time on site for the top 5 social media networks is:
- Youtube: 19 minutes 10 seconds per day
- Facebook: 18 minutes 40 seconds per day
- Reddit: 5 minutes 54 seconds per day
- Instagram: 8 minutes 51 seconds per day
- LinkedIn: 11 minutes 07 seconds per day
. Analysis by Genroe
Recommended Reading: What Does The Double Check On Whatsapp Mean