How To Log Out Of Messenger On Iphone Or Ipad
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 329,176 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to sign out of your Facebook account on the Messenger app, using an iPhone or iPad.
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger On Iphone Through The Messenger App
You can also log out through the Messenger app itself.
1. Open the Messenger app.
2. Tap your icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. In the menu that opens, scroll down and tap “Account Settings.”
4. This will open a Settings menu. Tap “Security and Login.”
5. Under the “Where you’re logged in” section, look for the device which is logged into Messenger . Tap the three horizontally stacked dots to the right of it and a pop-up will appear asking you to either secure your account or log out.
6. Select “Log Out.”
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger On Iphone On Desktop
1. In your internet browser, go to Facebook.com and sign into your account.
2. In the upper right-hand corner of your screen, click on the downward facing arrow to reveal a list of menu options. Look for “Settings” at the bottom and click on it.
3. On the “Settings” screen, click on “Security and Login” on the menu on the left side of your screen. It should be the second option down from the top, just under “General.”
4. In the “Security and Login” section, look for the “Where You’re Logged In” heading. This area will tell you on which devices you’re currently logged into Facebook and via which app, i.e. Messenger.
5. Locate the active login on Messenger and, clicking the three horizontally stacked lines to the right of it, go to “Log out” and select it.
6. You will notice that the login then disappears from the list, which is how you’ll know you’ve successfully logged out.
You May Like: Change Main Gmail Account
Using The Facebook App
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger On Iphone Through The Facebook Mobile App
1. Open the Facebook app and after locating the three horizontally stacked lines in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, tap it to open a list of menu options.
2. Scroll down until you reach the “Settings & Privacy” section. Tap that, then select “Settings” again to be taken to a new screen of account and security settings.
3. Under the “Security” section, tap the first option titled “Security and login.”
4. Under the “Where you’re logged in” section, look for the device which is logged into Messenger . Tap the three horizontally stacked dots to the right of it and a pop-up will appear asking you to either secure your account or log out. Select “Log Out.”
Note that when you re-launch the Messenger app, you will be informed that your session is expired and that you’re required to sign in again in order to resume using Messenger.
Also Check: How To Turn Off Active Now On Facebook