Select Who You Want To See Your Stories
Your Snapchat stories give your friends short but sweet glimpses of what you did over the past 24 hours. Unlike sending snaps to specific friends, stories are posted to your My Story section, which show up in other users’ feeds depending on your settings.
For celebrities, and public figures, and brands on Snapchat with large followings, enabling everyone to view their stories helps them stay connected with their followers. You, however, may just want to your friends to see your stories. You also have the option to build a custom list of users who can view them. Like the previous tips, you can access this option under Settings. Scroll down to the Who Can section and tap View My Story. Then, you can select Everyone, My Friends or Custom to build a custom list.
How To Access Friendship Profile
If youre not sure how to enter your friendship profile, heres what you have to do:
Since youre there already, take the time to explore and let Snapchat remind you of all the happy memories youve made together.
How To Make Your Story Viewable By Everyone
It’s just a few taps to make your Snapchat story available to everyone. Here’s how it’s done.
Tap your Bitmoji located at the top left of your screen to open your Profile. Once there, tap the gear in the top right to get to your Account Settings.
Once in Settings, scroll to Privacy Control and tap View My Story. Choose “everyone” to let your Story posts be seen by anyone.
Don’t Miss: How To Change Your Birthday On Twitter
Tap The Option Below Spotlight And Snap Map
After you tap the screen icon, the following screen will appear:
//location of snap map tap notifications
As you can see, the new Public Profile option appears below Spotlight and Snap Map.
Again, be sure to scroll down so you dont tap on the wrong choice.
A couple of Snapchat pop-up screens will appear to explain to you what Public Profiles are about.
We highly recommend reading them.
Bonus: Tip Your Favorite Snapchat Creator With Snap Tokens
Snapchat recently introduced the feature of Snap tokens which can be used to gift or tip your favorite creators on Snapchat and in-game purchases. You can buy these tokens inside the Snapchat app and use them to gift or upgrade your gameplay experience.
1. Open the Snapchat app and tap on your profile icon in the top-left corner.
2. Scroll down to locate the Snap Tokens section and tap on it to purchase them.
3. On the next page, you can view the options to buy Snap tokens with their respective charges. You can also spend tokens on playing games to improve your gameplay experience.
4. Once you purchase the Snap tokens, you will be able to unlock the gift feature to show love to your favorite creators by pressing the Gift option on their public stories.
Also Check: Can I Reopen My Closed Linkedin Account
Is It Possible For Everyone To Create A Public Profile
When the company announced Public Profiles back in a Vidcon Presentation, all loyal Snapchat users were instantly excited.
At first, only verified creators could use Public Profiles, since Snapchat previously limited the persons who could or couldnt have access to this service.
Thats different now – everyone can make Public Profile, even though there are some minor limitations, such as being over 18 years old and an account older than 24 hours.
Snapchat Public Profile Requirements
In order to create your Public Profile, you need to meet few simple criteria:
- you need to be at least 18 years old
- your Snapchat account needs to be few days old
If you just made a new Snapchat account, you wont see the option to create public profile – just be patient and wait a few days.
Read Also: Developing a loving community in Snapchat is challenging, but you should never forget about other social media, such as Twitter. Be sure to check our Guide to get powerful insights about this matter!
//snap a chat or a story with a friend tap to create a public profile and use Twitter
How To Create Snapchat Public Profile
1. Open the Snapchat app and tap the Bitmoji icon at the top-left corner of the screen. When your profile opens, tap the horizontal three dots menu next to Add to Spotlightunder the Spotlight & Snap Map section.
2. From the pop-up that appears, select Create Public Profile and tap Continue on the onboarding screen.
3. Now, tap on Get Started and hit Create from the confirmation banner. The banner highlights that your name will be shown on all your Snaps you post to Spotlight or Snap Map. Your Lenses will also appear on your public profile.
4. You are now all set. You can access your public profile under the Public Profiles section. Opening the My Public Profile section shows you the Stories and Spotlight tabs, as seen in the screenshot below.
You May Like: How To Delete Linkedin Messages
How To Make A Private Story On Snapchat
Adding to your story is the highlight of Snapchat, since doing so allows followers to get a glimpse of what youâve been up to over the past 24 hours. But maybe youâd like to share something thatâs too personal for your entire list of friends. Itâs possible using Snapchatâs Private Story feature. Whatâs more, itâs simple to do. Below youll find step-by-step instructions for how to do a private snap, but first you need to know these three types of stories in Snapchat:
Private story. This is a story that only you can add to, and you can choose who can view it.
Custom story. This is a story that allows you to choose who can add to and view it.
Geo story. A Geo story is a relatively new feature that allows you to create a story only for those located near you.
Follow these steps to create your own private snap:
How To Delete Snapchat Public Profile
If you are no longer interested in keeping your public profile on Snapchat, you can choose to delete it. To do that, follow the steps below:
1. First up, open your profile by pressing your Bitmoji icon at the top left corner of the screen. Then, move to My Public Profile. Here, you need to tap the Settings gear icon at the top-right corner.
2. From your profile settings page, tap Delete Public Profileat the bottom of the screen and hit Delete in the confirmation prompt. And thats it. You will successfully delete your public account on this ephemeral messaging platform.
Read Also: How To Send Password Protected Email Gmail
Prevent Your Snaps From Being Snatched By Someone Else
- University of Ontario
- George Brown College
Disappearing messages, 24-hour story posts, and fun lenses are what make Snapchat so much fun. Fun, however, doesn’t necessarily mean private, and it’s easy to get swept up in the snap-tastic thrill of it all without thinking twice about Snapchat’s privacy settings.
You can never be too careful on the web, especially when it comes to sharing personal photos, videos, and other sensitive information. The following Snapchat privacy tips can help keep your account secure.
Hide Yourself From The Quick Add Section
Snapchat recently introduced a new feature called Quick Add, which you can see displayed at the bottom of your chat list and your stories tab. It includes a short list of suggested users to add based on mutual friendships.
If you have your Quick Add setting enabled, you’ll show up in Quick Add section of your friends’ friends.If you don’t want to show up there, you can turn this setting off by tapping Profile> Settings and selecting See Me in Quick Add.
Also Check: How To Block Someone On Whatsapp Iphone
Create A Public Profile On Snapchat
1) Open the Snapchat application on your mobile device and Tap the profile picture Or story icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
2). You should have a new option called Add to Snap Map under the Stories or the Spotlight & Snap Map depending on your device and version of the app.
3). Now tap on Create Public Profile.
4). All exciting features accessible through a Tier 1 Public Profile will be introduced to you via Snapchat. To proceed, tap the bottom of your screen on Continue.
5). Now tap on Get Started at the bottom.
6). For one last time, Snapchat will display you a warning about creating a Public Profile. Tap on Create to proceed to the next step.
7). You should now be at the Settings page, and there should be a new section called Public Profiles with a new My Public Profile. Tap on it to get started.
8). Now tap on Edit Profile to edit all the details included in your public profile.
And thats it! You now have a new Public Profile on Snapchat!
You will want to ensure that you do not omit any of the above steps. Otherwise, you will end up with an error message when trying to access your profile.
How To Delete Your Snapchat Public Profile
If youve changed your mind and decided to delete your public profile, then you should follow these easy steps to remove it.
1. Open your public profile by tapping on the My Public Profile option in your profile settings.
2. Next, tap on the Gear icon at the top-right corner.
3. Further, tap on the Delete Public profile option at the bottom to remove it from Snapchat.
4. Press the Delete button to confirm your action.
Recommended Reading: Can I Reactivate My Twitter
Snapchat How To Make Public Profile On An Iphone
Making your profile public on an iPhone is a relatively straightforward process and can be accomplished in no time at all. Once youve downloaded the app, you just have to make a few changes to your settings. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
Snapchat will take you back to your settings page. If you look just under Public Profiles, youll see it now says My Public Profile. You can tap on it to view your public profile. Note that anything you post in this section will be visible to the public.
Going Public Vs A Public Profile
In your Snapchat settings, under Who can, you can set sections such as Contact Me and View My Story as Everyone, which means that anyone who knows your user name can search for it and see your content.
While this might sound like having a public profile, its pretty different. Suppose you set your contact settings to Everyone, users still need to know your username, even if they dont have to be your friend on Snapchat. You also wont access a public profiles special tools and functions.
While you can open up your Snapchat account and post your username somewhere people can find it, its a much less elegant solution. It means you may have to add people to your friends list who may be better suited to being subscribers.
The See me in Quick Add option differs from a public profile. It means that people who you may already know can see you in the Quick Add section.
You May Like: What Does Sponsored Mean On Linkedin
How To Delete Your Public Profile On Snapchat
If you decide that you want to delete your public profile, then you can do so by heading over to settings via the public profile screen. Once youre there, follow the next set of steps in order to delete it:
- After scrolling down to the bottom of the page, select the Delete public profile button.
- Youll then receive a confirmation message asking if you still want to go ahead with getting rid of your public profile.
- If yes, then go ahead and tap Delete. Dont worry, youre standard non-public profile will be unaffected.
If you do decide that you want to create a Content account on Snapchat, then youll still have a fair bit of work to do however, setting this up will certainly help on your on your way.
So, there you have it, thats everything you need to know about setting up a public profile on Snapchat.
For more social media guides, tips and tricks, make sure to check out more of our content:
Learn More About Tiktok
Learning how to unfollow everyone on TikTok can help improve your experience on the app. Youll no longer have your feed clogged with accounts that you have no interest in anymore. Once youve cleaned everyone out, you can follow just those accounts that you really like.
There are plenty of other tricks you can use with the TikTok app. Enabling auto captions on TikTok, for example, provides you with ready-made captions for your videos. You can delete videos from your TikTok account if you dont like them anymore, or set up Family Pairing on TikTok to help keep your kids safe.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Stop Whatsapp From Saving Photos
Can You See Who Views Your Public Profile On The Snapchat App
Snapchat allows you to find out who has visited your story, however, you cannot see who has recently seen your public account.
There are a few private third-party applications that may assist you with something like this, however, they are never recommended because once you install such apps, you run the risk of exposing all your private information to these platforms, which is never safe.
What Does 5k Mean On A Snapchat Public Profile
When an individual has fewer than 5000 followers on a Public Profile, the precise follower count will not be displayed.
However, when a user exceeds 5000 followers, they will get a notification informing them of the same and will be able to display their subscriber count to all the other users on the app.
Don’t Miss: How To Make My Twitter Private
B Get To Know Your Public Profile
After the Public Profile has been created, you can now customize it for your subscribers benefit. The goal is to make your profile subscriber-friendly. Hence, you need to add details that will entice Snapchatters to subscribe to your profile. You can start off by adding details like a profile photo, bio, your location, and showing your subscriber count.
To do these, simply go to your Profile Page, tap My Public Profile then tap on the gear icon on the upper right-hand corner of the screen to open Settings. Next, tap on Edit Profile. Once you have added the necessary details, your profile preview should look like this.
Now, if you go back to your profile settings page, you would be able to see other options you can start setting up like saving stories to your profile and sharing your profile by URL. At the bottom of the page, you will see an option to delete your public profile if you wish to do so.
How To Set Up A Public Profile On Snapchat
In order to make your profile public, simply follow this short list of steps:
You May Like: How Do You Know If Someone Deleted Their Snapchat
Add Stories To Your Snapchat Public Profile
Now that youve learned to create a Snapchat public profile successfully, it is time to add stories to feature them on it. Follow these easy steps to achieve the same.
1. Open your public profile on the Snapchat app and tap on the Save a Story banner.
2. Next, choose your favorite snaps from your previous spotlight or snap map posts. You can also choose your favorites from the Camera Roll as well.
3. Tap on the Next button and add a title to finish uploading it.
4. Press the Finish button to post this snap as a story on your public profile.
Thats it. Youve successfully posted a story on your public Snapchat profile. Your followers will be instantly notified of the new snap post.
Going Public On Snapchat
Lets talk about how you can create a public profile once this feature is available to you. Follow the below steps.
1) Open Snapchat. Tap on the Profile Photo Or bitmoji icon at the top left corner of your camera screen.
2) Next, Tap the gear icon at the top right corner.
3) Scroll down to the section Who can where youll make the following modifications to each option in it.
- Contact Me: Everyone
- See My Location: My Friends
- Use My Cameos Selfie: Everyone
- See Me in Quick Add: Turned On
4) Close Snapchat and restart it after making the necessary modifications.
When you have finished with your profile, it will be seen by anybody in your friend circle. They will then be able to contact you.
Read Also: How To Create Stickers On Whatsapp